October 23, 2014 | 892 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by oodles12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you want a matte lippy, this is it. I only use 3 colors religiously. One is think pink & is a pretty light pink buddy shade. Purty Persimmon is a corally red shade which is a great summer color and can be used for a red ombré lip. And my ultimate fave Bare It All. The best ever matte nude brown lip. It is a bit draggy but I've found that if you put Chapstick on before you put on your lipstick it's fine. Also some colors drag more than others. Use a dabbing motion to put this on rather than a swipe and it applies on perfectly. I loooove them. Word of advice-if you have chapped lips, this lipstick will inform the world. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate, then moisturize or you will look like your lips are diseased. NOT CUTE. Super pigmented colors even for very deep ebony complexions. These babies show up! Will repurchase forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I bought this today in the shade Cherry Bomb. It is a super dark, brown toned red color. I felt inspired to wear a color like this because of Zoella videos on YouTube (she wears a very dark vampy lip in some vids). Aaaand HOLY CRAP is this lipstick pigmented! I mean, just one coat and my lips were the dark exact color of the bullet. And the super matte finish looked absolutely gorgeous.
You have to be feeling really feminine to carry the amount of pigmentation these lipsticks offer you with confidence! I find they make a bold statement.
Anyways, I think in terms of moisturizing properties these lipsticks fail miserably. But if you apply lip balm beforehand I don't see how that could be a problem.
The pigmentation, matte finish and longevity of this product for just $2.19 makes it a BRILLIANT purchase for me. Definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE 10/1/14: Ok, so I have delved deeper into these (they are cheap and I have hoarding issues). Here is what I have learned:

1) As mentioned below, many of the shades are just off, too heavy or too much. I have had bad luck with Cherry Picking, Think Pink, Just Peachy, Mauve Outta Here with the colors just being way off and cartoonish & plastic on me. They are extreme versions with no subtleties or nuances

2) New discovery - If the shade seems it should have any brown, peach or beige in it and you are one of those people that everything turns orange on, these are the worse offenders (meaning it will come off uber orange on you). That muted MLBB color that looks pinky brown on others will look flat out rust orange on you (Bare It All)

3) SAVING GRACE - The saving grace of this lines for my NW20, deep winter complexion are the vampy shades. The raisin (can't remember exact name but has Raisin in it) is gorgeous! Cherry Bomb is gorgeous. Bordeaux Blvd is gorgeous. So for cheap, vampy shades hit up WnW. But I had issues with many of the other shades. And if they didn't have these gorgeous dark shades, I would have been ready to write off the whole line. But the vampy shades don't come off as plastic like the shades I had problems with in #1. They don't go orange on me like the problems I had with the MLBB shades in #2. And these seem to offer the most "cheap drugstore dupes" for higher end shades. Many have said for example, that Cherry Bomb is a dupe for MAC Diva.

ORIGINAL POST: These lippies are frustrating for me. Yes, if you are on a budget, have at it. But I have three and all have disappointed a bit. I have Sugar Plum Fairy, Cherry Picking and the Mauve one...can't remember the exact name. I started with SPF because many said it was a dupe for MAC Rebel. And yes, in color it is close. But when I finally bought Rebel, I couldn't even touch SPF after. Rebel glided on into an easy to wear effortless perfection. SPF was draggy, heavy and sooo much on the lip IME compared to Rebel. Cherry Picking and the Mauve color both had the same problem, they feel so heavy and over powering on the lips compared to similar shades in different formulas. While the color on SPF was nice, Cherry Picking was just too much (and I can wear bold...I think it was the finish of the lippie) and the Mauve color came off hot pink and no where near the mauve I wanted it to be.

These aren't awful, but they are not great either. For d/s I prefer Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by zaniest1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe how fabulous this lipstick is for so inexpensive!!! I was looking to upgrade my makeup for some upcoming photo shoots. Little did I know that I could upgrade and spend less money! I've been able to try all new shades for a small fraction of the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by squared3017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Recently I have been trying to branch out and wear more lip colors, try to be a little more adventurous, that sort of thing. These lipsticks are a great price and I love the colors and the matte finish, since I typically don't like to have anything to shiny or glossy on my lips. I've found though, that some of these gorgeous colors look a little odd on me. Like Bare it All and Purty Persimmon. Perhaps it's because I typically don't wear lipstick. In any case, I wasn't wearing these a lot, and I needed to put on some lip balm before wearing them. Then I decided I would just try to melt them down with some chapstick to sheer out the color and make them more wearable for me. Holy crap. Awesome results melting these down and making my own tinted lip balm. I melted these two shades down with some Burt's Bees that were running low, one mint and one fuller Pomegranate one. I'm still getting great color from the lipstick, but the balm provides more moisture without making it super shiny. I mixed maybe 2/3 balm with 1/3 lipstick and the texture when cool is more of the balm texture, but I'm getting color now that reminds me of those chunky lip crayons, beautiful color but a little more sheer.

So I know I'm not wearing these as most people might, but it's just an idea in case some of you all get a color that looks a little too extreme on you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by MichelleST

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loved the famous "kiss" display, haven't bought Wet n Wild for years but these matte lipsticks are AMAZING! I bought Cherry Picking and am going back to buy more. They remind me of the great Revlon mattes of the late eighties. Someone suggest a Chapstick underneath, good idea but fine without. Colors are true which seems rare these days, I love the Nars matte pencils but those are $22 or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Lanikoerte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Mochalicious and I love it. I plan on buying more in different shades. I always use lip balm or carmex underneath. It's really drying. There's no smell to it unlike the SPF lipsticks they have. My one complaint is the packaging. I hate that the lipstick gets all over the cap. It makes me look sloppy when I'm actually trying to be very careful when putting it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by locaxloscosmeticos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pro: *colores novedosos y bonitos. *duracion *precio Contra *resecan horrores los labios *La tapa se sale sola

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have pagan angel and its okay, its nothing amazing but its black and i never could find a black lipstick but i stumbled upon these by accident and thought hey! ill give it ago. i pay three bucks for mine, not a bad price. only three lippies because its so hard to get a even color. it goes on a bit streaky for me and i have to reapply it to get it black as i like. i have another color, like a plum color maybe? i like it, its nice. i don't use it much because i like my nyx lipsticks better but its one i use every now and then. i think you should defiently give it a try, they had a bit of a collection of different colors but the walmart i found these out had a small selection of wet 'n' wild products. :3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have these in the shades Rosebud, cherry picking, bare it all, and just peachy.

As far as drug store lippies go, these are amazing. They are pigmented, creamy, long lasting, and really REALLY cheap!
I would suggest using chapstick underneath, as they are matte and can be a little drying (no where near as bad as MAC mattes)

The only big down fall to these is the horrid packaging. But, for 2$ I won't complain.