Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love how it went on. Pigmented,creamy,and super thick. Then...it dried. My lashes stuck together, it flaked off and my lashes felt hard and brittle. The brush is great, but the formula needs a revamp.

The Brownish Black shade is a truly beautiful deep brown. I just wish it wore better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best mascara ive ever used! it made my eyelashes look amazing! like i really did have false lashes on!

I'm in my second bottle of this. I used to like it a lot more, and that's why I repurchased, but I don't think I will again.
This has a wet formula, which I'm typically not a fan when it comes to mascaras. I find that this has the potential to deliver a lot of volume and lenghtening, but the wetness makes it hard to work with, which means I have to be careful not to end up with what it seems like 3 very thick lashes. For that reason, it's important to always remove the excess product off the wand into the tube. In fact, I find that as this mascara gets older and drier, it just becomes better.
This is not very resistant to humidity. Of course it's not waterproof and I don't expect it to be, but if I sweat a little it tends to smear very easily onto my undereye area, which is not a good look. Also, this flakes a bit on me, but I don't remember this happening with the first bottle.
It's not difficult to remove, as you would expect from a washable mascara.
The wand is unique, with two differently shaped sides. I personally like to alternate between both sides, in no particular order (not sure if an order would make a difference), until I get the results I'm looking for.
Overall, I definitely can work with this mascara and I'm often complimented on my lashes (they're quite long, so they kinda do look like falsies when I wear it), but I'm sure there are easier products to work with out there. If you're very curious, I suggest you try it out. You won't lose much money if you dislike it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have tried hundreds of mascara during my make up career and this one is not my favorite. I am a huge fan of false eyelashes and wear them literally everyday and using this mascara (even on my falsies!) is a disaster. I have discovered that even if a mascara isn't great on my real lashes (which are very short and sparse) when I use certain on my falsies they are amazing. But not with this stuff. It made my lashes clumpy and its super thick - and the brush is crap. Don't waste your time on this stuff. I highly recommend and prefer the Maybelline Colossal.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Don't expect to get near the look of false eyelashes with this mascara. Positives: it will make your lashes black, and it will hold a curl all day. That's it. I do not see any added volume or length with this product. If you have lashes that are natural long and not very sparse, then this could work for you to hold a curl and add darkness. If you have short and/or sparse lashes, stay away. This one is not worth it. My current favorite for volume, length, and curl is Maybelline Lash Sensational. I feel like that one gives me more of a false lashes look.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

In my ongoing experiment to venture out and try some new, (to me) drugstore mascaras Maybelline Falsies was next on the list.

The brush has traditional bristles and is curved and wide on one side and flat in the curve. which was like putting on mascara with a paddle brush.

What I didn't I like about the "Falsies" is that it didn't make my lashes much longer, and no matter how I tried applying this, it made my lashes look like branches. Clumping them together in an odd way, also this did crumble if you rubbed your eyes and not all mascaras will do that. I had not problems removing this but the overall look wasn't great...next!

I had better, I had worse. I used to wear this years ago and repurchsed it quite a few times back then. Tried it again now and didn't like it as much as I expected to. My main two problems - it started drying in less than 2 months after I bought it (way too soon!) and it's a pain to clean off my eyes. Also, it makes my lashes look clumpy.

My lashes are not very sparse and short, but they tend to drop when I use many types of mascaras. This is the second mascara that I've tried and I cannot count how many tubes of this I have repurchased over these few years! Even as a newly opened mascara, its formula is not too wet to make my lashes drop. In fact, one single coat of this already makes my lashes look longer and more voluminous. I've always used the waterproof formula, and it holds my curls all day without producing any smudges. Definitely a holy grail item for its price and quality. As well, a lot of waterproof mascaras tend to be stubborn, so it's sometimes difficult to remove them even with a separate waterproof eye makeup remover. This can be removed easily. In terms of clumps, if you add another coat, it's still fine. I must say adding the third coat may cause clumps to form. If you are the type of person who likes to coat your lashes with a few layers of mascara, then you should be careful and coat before each layer dries up; it will be more difficult otherwise!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this mascara, i already have long eyelashes and this lengthens them even more and adds heaps of volume which i like. Wouldn't recommend if you prefer spider like/separated thinner eyelashes. It is quite a thick formula, can smudge if you rub your eyes but thats not unusual for mascara.

Great price too! :)

i love the volume this gives me but I have never seen a mascara smudge so much! This runs like crazy!

Popular Mascaras