August 23, 2014 | 993 users online

Foundations - Bourjois - Matte Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never used mineral nor mousse foundation, but I must say I'm impressed.
I couldn't decide weather to buy 82 or 83, but ended up buying 82.
It gives a medium, buildable, matte coverage. I have oily/combo skin, and since my dry parts after applying the foundation show off, I wouldn't advise those with dry skin to use.
Pro: The final apperance was a nice, silky skin (except those patchy parts). No blemishes or minor scarings are visible.
Con: When you look closer, you can see the foundation, like when you apply a powder foundation to non-moisturized skin (I did use a moisturizer each time before applying!). I didn't like the color, and ended up buying the shade 83, too. i would't buy an extra one (when I don't like how a foundation looks on me, I end hateing the product whatsoever), but since it's being discontinued, the price was in half.
Now I'm mixing them and am fully satisfied - the color match is much better.
For ref. I'm nc25-30.

The package contains 18ml , and compared to HM serum, gives a more pricey product. And I think those two won't last me more than 2 months with everyday use.
I have the HM serum, used about 1.5 months, every day, and it looks almost new, I've spend 2mm of product! What I don't like about the serum, and do like about the mousse, is the "longlivety" of the foundation on the skin. Both need to be re-blotted after few hours, but mm looks less shiny. The serum is def. for those of normal/dry skin.

I removed 2 lippies. Why? It looks horrid after 4 hours. Right now it is cold (-1 degrees Celsius ) and the foundation makes my skin look flaky (dry spots, acne and similar blemishes) and vanishes from other parts of my oily skin (those clean areas).

The foundation would be the best foundation in the world if it looked the same after 4 hours as it looked the moment it was applied - my skin was ever so flawless. No blemishes, no visible pores, no nothing. Just baby skin. But with the day passing, ... Sad.

Caution: definitely NOT for DRY skin since it makes dry parts VISIBLE.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by mjane16

In general, this foundation is good.
It has a good coverage and lasts all day, which is very important for me.
On the other hand, you HAVE to set it off with a powder and it looks cakey. Another thing is the horrible smell.

All of this I could live with, but after 3 days of using the product - it completely broke me off!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

bourjois foundations are consistently good but this one is just brilliant! light weight, coverage is decent, perfect to my combo skin and upcoming warmer weather. easy to put on, comfortable to wear, doesnt break me out and its cheap!!
i have never seen it in store but i bought i online since their color is so consistent i know which color i am after. its just so good!
absolutely love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by mixedmatch

i have been looking for a foundation that is suitable for my skin since it gets oily pretty quick. ive tried so many products and finally found this. But im sad that this has been discontinued!

that aside, i love how light the coverage is and doesnt make your skin feel so cakey. It spreads evenly and nicely on the skin with the kabuki brush. Just wished that the brush came with the foundation. It does provide you with a matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Duleiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a fair, porcelain-like skin with a few red spots, thanks to my kill-all-the-pimples mentality - and I'm absolutely in love with this tiny foundation! Easy to use and results a dewy, sheer and - for me - semi-matt look. The coverage is quite well and your skin will be really soft after using. I fix it with MAC Skinfish and I really like how flawless but still natural my skin looks. The brush is sooo soft and works great with the foundation. The package is so tiny, it fits well to any purse or handbag. As for me, it kicks out my good old Clinique Superbalanced - more natural coverage and three times cheaper by the way. The only problem is, that in the summer it doesn't last that long without primer. Four lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did some research online for a foundation for oily skin. I wanted something very lightweight, not greasy for this humidy weather. Since my first options were much more expensive (matte velvet +), I decided to go for something a little cheaper.
There are lots of pros o. The product, the price is ok in China (189rmb), it goes smooth and leaves my face very soft and natural. However, it didn't come with the brush. My only complain about it is about the coverage. It seems to have sheer to medium coverage.
I'll repurchase it because I like a more natural look and mineral products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by FloryTheFashionNerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favourite foundations/mousse it's perfect I love the way it's soft and smooth and hides all my horrible pores and it's very light weight, what makes it even better is that it's mineral! It melts onto your skin for a perfectly even result without cakey effects it lets your skin breath too! and maintains essential hydration. The most bestest thing about this mousse is that it's a NON PORE BLOCKING FORMULA so it's not as bad as normal mousses.

The packaging is very cute! Especially the really cool small kabuki brush that comes with it which makes the mousse go on properly onto your face.

If you want a natural healthy looking face this is the product for you! I can't remember the price but I remember that I thought the price was quite expensive but it's obviously worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 5:39:00 AM More reviews by namida23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this by a friend for a natural, medium coverage foundation and I am glad I tried it out! I bought foundation online at a much cheaper price than it is normally retailed for in Australia. This also enabled me to purchase the foundation with the cute little Bourjois brush which works perfectly with the little pot of foundation; otherwise it would be quite difficult to use with fingers or a sponge, though workable with a stippling brush.

I have a good NC20 complexion with a few pimple scars and freckles despite being Asian, and the colour in 82 matches me perfectly. This came to me as a surprise at first because the lightest shade is 81 and normally the lightest shade of foundation is my fit. As there was no 81 in Priceline, I couldn't try it out but figured if 82 worked, I should just go with it - and this foundation blends perfectly with my skin tone.

The foundation is a soft, whipped texture that turns into a powder upon applying it to the face. This results in a smooth, matte texture that looks natural. However, for those with dry patches of skin, which I also sometimes get, this foundation will unfortunately emphasise them. Hence, I would recommend this for oily and combination skinned girls.

Application takes much less time than I would if I used liquid foundation as I use it sparingly on parts of my face that need a little bit of coverage or mattifying. It doubles up as an effective concealer too, so if I am in the rush in the morning, this is the foundation I use - really easy to use even when travelling, and keeps your fingers clean by using the little brush, which is a big plus for me as I hate having to apply makeup on public transport or in the car and having no place to wash my hands.

Overall a fantastic product which has lasted me for almost a year now and I am barely half way through, though I do admit I do not use it on a daily basis. Definitely would repurchase, really good for the summer to keep the shine away!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Don't you know,this product makes me in love with bourjois.If you can buy bourjois,why would you buy clinique LOL.well about this foundation :

Pros :

- trust me this foundation is the softest foundation I ever known, crazy good!
- the texture is gooooood,,,, soft(as I said before).it is a mousse foundation,so it is soft and good for you who look for a lightweight foundation
- the price is so so but more affordable than clinique(you get what you paid,but for me, much wiser to buy this one better than clinique foundie,so expensive.some drugstores have special discount for this product)
- it contains mineral for sure(good for skin)
- consists a kabuki brush in one box.so it is good to apply altogether

Cons :

- I don't know the cons but the clerkship said, the bourjois bio organics detox liquid foundation more reccommended for acne prone skin,but I don't think so.The clerkship said,this foundation gives very sheer finish look.so you may use it more layers than the bio organics detox.but for me it will give you a natural finish.
- Maybe the colors is the disavantage(when I went to drugstore I just found two colors),but both are naturals.the light one,is quite match for my skin but very sheer yet slightly glowing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have super oily acne prone skin :( and have been trying to find a foundation that would not clogged my pores, not cause break outs, not look cakey, cover extremely well and keep my face matte. Not too much to ask for right? Well after years and years of trial and error with every kinda of foundation out there I have finally found one that meets ALL my must haves. This foundation is fantastic. It covers my acne scars and discolouration like a dream, it doesn't cause me to have unwanted acne and the best part is that my face isn't like a mirror mid day. Definitely worth the money. I will say that it doesn't last nearly as long as most liquid foundations ... I am having to buy it more often because I do wear it almost every day, but I can't complain about that with how great is preforms. I love love this foundation - and I hope after reading this, someone else gives it a try and is as happy with it as I am.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No