September 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I've become really "sun phobic" lately and anything I can get SPF in, I do. I accidentally bought this in translucent medium even though I'm an NC15. It made me look muddy and dirty and I was really disappointed.

However, I then decided to put on my very pale foundation and apply this ALL OVER the top and it was the most realistic "tan" I've done yet. Not a hint of orange or red or shimmer, I just look tan. Beautiful. It's become an indispensable part of my foundation routine and it doesn't cake or settle into lines. I apply it like a pressed powder (roll with a velour puff, then dust off excess) rather than buffing it like a foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG for me. I got this in translucent light and love it. I'm using it more for the foundation than for the sunscreen and apply it with a kabuki brush only on my cheeks, chin and nose. This is very finely milled, but solidly in the compact. There's no mess/fuss with loose powder flying everywhere. I have been using steadily for about two months and am not close to hitting pan.

I did first try using the included sponge and the oil from my skin caused the powder surface to darken/get hard, so I switched to the brush, which I prefer anyway. I use a bit of Origins Quick Hide concealer if needed, then brush this over it and everything looks quite natural. I can use a small brush to dab extra powder if I need extra cover on a spot or two. This doesn't settle in my pores or fine lines and everything just looks great.

The 50 spf is an added benefit, but I do not depend on it; I use a lotion sunscreen/moisturiser. The compact is adorable, very cheerful color combo. Easy for travel. Love, love, love. This has displaced my previous fav powder foundation by Clinique. Price is not cheapest, but reasonable for drugstore and often on special. I will pick up as many of these as possible next time I'm in the states. Afraid of it being discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by goshzilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this for $3 which was the only reason I bought this other than the high spf. What I really liked about this was that it evened out my skintone and made my acne scars less noticeable. It got rid of my redness around my nose completely. The downside was that it's not full coverage , it's light to medium coverage and if you put too much you'll look cakey. It did nothing for my eye bags though.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by bonjourdarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this because the packaging is adorable and it has a high SPF, but it pretty much sucks. First off, the smell is AWFUL. It smells alright in the pan, but once it gets on my skin it turns into this really strange, gross scent that I end up smelling all day. Ick. As for it being a foundation, I have pretty oily, acne prone skin and the coverage is one of the better ones I've had for a powder, but I have the color Natural Beige and it's ORANGE on me. And it's also really chalky, and the coverage I get lasts literally for like 3 minutes and disappears. But the smell. That has pretty much killed it for me and I'm not even one of those people who are sensitive to fragrances. Not worth the $15 imo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me, this is awesome. Nice, sheer coverage that sets my makeup and gives extra UV protection. Doesn't irritate my skin, either. I love the orange compact, too, and the PF brushes are great. I hope they continue to make this one for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by OhhhDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for the first time at Big Lots for $4 a couple of months ago and have been using it almost non-stop. I generally don't wear powder foundations, but I love this one. I apply with the e.l.f Studio Powder Brush (but the included sponge does a pretty good job in a pinch) and it goes on with quickly with minimal effort. Its buildable light-medium coverage, but it is easy to go overboard and make it look too cakey - so watch out.

I'm planning on stocking up on these at the $4 price!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jennnn17

I bought this on clearance at Rite Aid for about four bucks a while ago, and i have been using it a lot. The packaging is really durable and cute, but it does tend to get cakey if you apply too much. i wouldnt nesescarily use this as a foundation since its super sheer, but its a great setting powder. ive had it for months and the writing on the top is still present. theres almost as much product in here as a mac msf natural! overall, i like it but its not the best. also- it gives sort of a white cast to your face if its not close to your skin color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by dnavarro84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought at BigLots for $4.00 at first was skeptical about the product. Didn't even notice at first that the product contains SPF 50, till the next day...Yay! _I think this product is worth every penny because it does not contain alot of junk that other drugstore makeup contain. That will make you break out. Usual price runs about $14.00, I have tried Bare Minerals Foundation..its okay for people who don't have oily acne prone skin..but that's a whole different story...
    Description:
    Delivers maximum SPF 50 broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection and full coverage with a soft-matte finish.
    Protects- SPF Boosters and Mineral-based sunscreens provide SPF 50 protection without residue or greasiness.
    Prevents- Potent antioxidant blend helps prevent future UV damage and premature signs of aging.
    Ingredients-
    Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 4%, Titanium Dioxide 21%, Zinc Oxide 3%, Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Diacetyl Boldine, Diisostearyl Malate, Dimethicone, Genistein, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Lauroyl Lysine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ubiquinone, Zinc Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines

I

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this powder. I work outside in hot humid weather, and this is the only thing that doesnt leave my face a greasy mess while providing adequate sun protection.

Edited*

I used a powder puff or brush to apply this. I thought the sponge was worthless. WRONG! It is just as good (to me) as a Beauty Blender! It spreads foundation so flawlessly, I will rebuy forever to have the powder sunscreen AND a foundation sponge that works so great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by StephanieZamazing

This is awesome! Found it at grocery outlet for 2.99!!
    Going back to buy the rest tomorrow
    I usually use palladio rice powder to set my bb cream and this is even better and great to put in my purse.
    Comes with a pretty good sponge that's friggen pink. Lol
    Love the packaging too.