January 27, 2015 | 1867 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by IGotThemBunz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I totally fell in love with this powder! I have problematic skin & I've been using liquid concealers & foundations for a long time now, but i found that liquid just doesn't look good on my skin! So I made the switch to powder. It was really hard finding a powder concealer because they gave me literally no coverage! :( I have a little redness on T-zone, dark circles & a few red/dark acne Marks on my cheeks from passed acne. My face is a disaster!
I was super skeptical about this powder. I didn't think this powder would even cover anything, but I decided to give it a try anyways & boy am I happy I did! This powder covers ALL OF MY FLAWS WITHOUT LOOKING CAKY/POWDERY OR CHALKY! I've never had such great concealing coverage , not even with liquid concealers! My redness covers instantly, desk circles magically disappear & my acne marks gone as if they never were even there. I love the finish this powder gives me! It's a matte, yet silky finish but not shiny at all. I don't know how to explain it, but it looks very natural. After I apply this powder, I dust a thin layer of my minerals foundation over & there, I'm ready to go! I find that I use WAY less makeup now because of this. I tried using my minerals alone without this powder but it was just not the same. I'm hooked! :D I can't do my makeup now without it. I must say that this powder WILL make your face look white when 1st applied especially if you're tan like me or darker, but my minerals & a little bronzer turns my face back to its original color & there's no white cast left :) this is really an amazing powder! I recommend this powder to everyone. It's a miracle worker, seriously! It's worth a try :D

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by seannetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried out this powder initially because I wanted something mineral-based with few ingredients, in the hopes that it wouldn't upset my sensitive and acne-prone skin. I've been pretty impressed with the results -- the powder is not cakey, it colour-corrects a bit, leaves a natural finish that's a wee bit matte but also with a bit of a glow, and the translucent colours fit nicely with my skin tone (I find most powders too yellow on my skin). Its overall effect is certainly subtle, but it's just enough to give the look of my skin a boost, overtop concealer and sometimes foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont use this as a primer but over my tinted moisturizer to help correct discolorations.
Im of dark complexioned, very olive tone in winter, and can pretty much only use this during the winter months. So i use the small Elf blush brush, tap into a color, then tap onto my face where I need it. I mostly use the green and yellow: So green goes on my red cheeks, yellow on my darker patches. To use it as an all over powder either under or over makeup would just give me a ghastly look, but I only like to use a very small amount so I can get away with it just fine. It seems like it'd be a really nice all over powder for lighter skin girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim because I saw it on sale for 12 Australian Dollars (AUD is roughly on par with the US dollar, for reference), and I've totally fallen in love with it!
So first off, after reading some (misleading) reviews here on MUA, this is not meant to be a mattifying powder! It's meant to be a tone-correcting finishing powder. Finishing powders aren't always necessarily mattifying.

As someone who is pale (around NC-15) and has fairly dry skin (apart from some oiliness on nose and sometimes forehead), this works excellent at removing redness from my nose and chin, and also gives a really nice, smooth finish to either my liquid foundation or BB cream. I think it does actually mattify to some extent, however it's not a cakey/powdery finish, it removes the weird shine to many foundations and gives a more satin/semi-matte finish.

Also, for the people complaining about the brush, honestly, when have you ever liked a brush that came in a powder compact?
The only reason I haven't given this 5 lippies is because the regular retail price is a bit steep, as well as the packaging is too bulky to really be travel friendly (although I still take it in my bag on a daily basis despite the bulkiness).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sassyBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it. just wonderful. love using this before applying the mineral wear coverup/face powder. makes skin look more natural and clear

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this for winter. It's really my favorite. When wearing this I get compliments often saying how clear my face looks. The appearance on your skin is airbrushed and appears like a translucent powder, but it does even more. It tones my skin and makes it look so clean and clear. It does whiten it a little it's not completely translucent but I am pale skinned and got the lightest color so just watch the shades. I have dry skin and this doesn't cake on me. Recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by tammynkey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder! I don't like to wear heavy makeup and this is perfect for covering up the redness on my face while still allowing my freckles to show through. This powder hasn't caused me acne like some other products I have used. If you want to cover the redness on your face then I highly recommend you try this product. By the way, the packaging is horrible. I use my own brush and never use the mirror because it doesn't make sense that it's underneath the powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by starstruckkthriller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in a discount bin at Krogers (Translucent and had the set of 3 concealers with it for 6 or 7 bucks) and just used it this evening. I'm so pale as it is, so I haven't noticed the "white face" and "gray cast" that others are talking about. But it didn't really cover much, which is ok (kind of). I gave it a 3 since this is the 1st time I really used it, so I'll update when I've used it for a while.
But like most of PF's powders, the packaging and brush are useless. I liked the Natural Wear's packaging alot more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

This was just a powdery mess. You barely even have to touch it with a brush and it just crumbles everywhere. Looked very chalky once applied and didn't seem to correct any redness or discolorations at all. The packaging and brush is cheap and breaks easily, too. Seems pretty useless and such a waste of $14.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is good enough for me on it's own but I normally use it under my MAC Studio Fix powder. Concealor first, then this powder and then the Studio Fix. This takes away the redness on my cheeks a bit and seems to be a good primer for the powder foundation. It's expensive, but it's a nice step. I am NC20 and I got buff beige which appears too light for my skin tone but actually blends in just fine. I use a big fluffy brush or kabuki and buff it in.