November 27, 2014 | 1265 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Creamy Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by vic21

I really don't rate this product as a foundation as I find it hard to blend over larger areas such as the forehead. It doesn't sit right on my skin and looks very "caked on" and heavy looking. I tend to just wear BB cream or tinted moisturiser and find this product brilliant for touching up areas that need more coverage. The packaging is annoying and a bit of a faff to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by rhildo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really did not like this at all. I thought that it would be lovely and moisturizing for days when my skin felt extra dry, but it just made me feel greasy (very unusual for me!) yet still clung to dry patches and settled into pores like nobody's business! The only thing that I can say for it is that it is very pale, possibly slightly pale for me even in winter, and that is saying something! Also, I like the idea of the packaging with a little box for the sponge, but in reality, it makes it very clunky and the sponge makes it go on even worse than fingers or my usual brush! I can't think of anyone who this would work for, if you like it, I would definitely recommend trying another foundation, you can do so much better for a similar price! Oh, and even though I have not used this much, maybe once a month for the past year in hope it was better than I thought it would be, it has started to dry out and I have managed to hit the pan. Plus it does not last well on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by eiw92

I really like this product, but NOT as a foundation. I use it as a concealer, on larger areas. For example sometimes my chin can appear quite red, so I put this on - and it totally covers it. I also use it to cover up my acne scars and break-outs. It's great for touching up, and I always keep this in my bag. It's very light-weight, which is something I really love. The packaging is horrible though, and the sponge is crab. Use a brush or your fingers for the best result.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go to foundation if i ever need something quick. If you dont know how tp use cream compact foundations dont get this. Its good but maybelline superstay works far better at least for me. This foundation is worth the try. I also like this foundation for touch ups on the go because it wont cake my skin (;

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by mollymare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I am surprised about the bad reviews. I am 45 years old and have tried every foundation under the sun. I had very dry skin and I absolutely love this foundation. I do have some discoloration on my face but I find this covers it ok and does not settle into my fine lines. It doesn't have the best staying power but it feels almost weightless on my skin and wears off very evenly. I have tried the expensive brands all the way down to the drug store brands and I have found this one to be one of the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by conniehe

Its a nice product for 2 to 3 hours... dont expect much after that! is very creamy and blendable but it doesnt suits oily or combination skin... has a medium coverage and its great if you dont like the feeling of heavy foundation but this DOESNT LAST EVEN HALF THE DAY ... NOT BUYING AGAIN

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What I tend to hate about creamy foundations are how unhygienic they can be. When using fingers, make sure to wash them or use hand sanitizer before. Gotta always make sure your brushes and sponges are really clean and reliable.

Anyway, the packaging is irritating. It's hard to open up the lower part that contains the sponge without fear of breaking it or it flying out of your hands. The sponge tends to suck up a lot of product, so I don't recommend using it. The amount given seems to be small, but you don't need globs to apply onto your face, so it's actually a decent amount. I like the creaminess and smoothness. It gives light coverage that looks natural. I don't have any problems with it being orangey and cakey, which are common issues with Maybelline. I think it's very prone to melt after a few hours, or if you're sweating or in rainy weather. It's not super moisturizing or anything, but it's more than some foundations. Eh, to be honest, this is really average.

So, I might buy this again. Not really sure. I said yes because I won't rule out the possibility. If I'm running low on things and need a quick fix, I'd probably get it. It's cheap, so not a total wallet-eater.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 7:23:00 AM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very very pale skin which I find almost impossible to find a foundation for. Thus I was very happy when I found that this foundation was indeed light enough!

As I have dryish skin, I figured that this would be a good idea, as if I use a drying foundation it normally feel too tight and uncomfortable. It certainly didn't dry my skin out; the texture felt refreshing and gave me better coverage than I expected. It even covered up my dark circles!

This foundation would have become my favourite: HOWEVER it has VERY LITTLE staying power. Even if I powdered over the top, it wouldn't last for long at all, especially if I was exercising etc. It also has a habit of collecting on the face and isn't very buildable; just two layers and I was beginning to look caked in make up.

Another point to consider is how little you are given. The packaging is huge, with space for a sponge; a neat idea but really takes up limited space in the make up bag. Furthermore, the foundation goes really really quickly so ends up being very expensive, and it will crack if not used for a long amount of time, EVEN with the lid screwed firmly on!

Overall, this was great at first, but didn't really live up to my expectations. I would suggest that if your skin isn't dry, you should choose the matte mousse over this one as it has more staying power.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2012 More reviews by Joneser16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TEEEERRRRRRRIBLE FOR OILY SKIN.
it slide off my face
it rubbed off on everything
was too hard to get out with the damn sponge
just bad. like it just looked oily when i bought it
didnt cover
probably awesome for dry skin

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by jlushh

Rubbish!
Offers no coverage for me what so ever!
You hardly get any product, despite the huge packaging, which is mostly wasted on storage for the (rubbish) sponge.
Would not recommend.