MAC Pigment - Rose

4.3

on 12/5/2011 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a gift, and my eyes lit up! It was so pretty! I was so excited to try it, MAC has never made a beautiful pink, and I thought this was it!

I was mortified when I first put it on, I had to immediately take it off and quickly put something else on. It was all gold, no pink, but not even a gold I can wear. No pink at all! It's ok over a darker color

The reason I gave it 2 lippies is because it looks really fabulous over a clear gloss. It's a gorgeous gold lip gloss that looks perfect for my coloring.

on 1/17/2011 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this with some lip gloss to play up the centre of my lower lip and cupid's bow. It really makes a lovely pout and it's a glorious rosy pink/red with gold flashes. IMO, it's much more deserving of the name "rose gold" than the other pigment of that name! I'm very fair and I can't make this work as a blush, but reading the reviews here convinced me to give it another try as an e/s. Yes, it's chunky, but with a good brush and a decent e/s primer, it's lovely on the lids and surprisingly not as showgirl as I expected.

on 1/2/2011 2:30:00 AM

I love bold colors jsut as much as I love more neutral smokey eye shades. This color is the perfect mix in my opinion and one of my absolute fav go to shadows as it works everyway and can match anything. It is definitely so gorgeous and neutral yet has that amazing pop/dual color form the gold undertones. Love it in the winter or summer with peach blushes/bronzers. As msot of the pigments jsut so effortless to use and can't go wrong with this shade! :)

on 1/2/2011 2:22:00 AM

This was a gift from a friend, which sat in my kit for months before I opened it. It's a beauty for sure. I'm NC40 as a reference and find that this is dimensional enough to really add intense shimmer to the lid area of my eye. The shade is a very shimmery pink/peach/rust but it's not at all garish and looks fantastic with bronze, gray, and plum shadows. Man I wish I'd opened this sooner. I've looked at the pigments at MAC for years, but I stick to the basics and never venture out, so I'm really happy my friend gave this to me. She seems to have a knack for what works for me, yay!

I'm still working on my application technique because this can get messy really, really fast, lol. I wish MAC would make the jars smaller actually. The pigment jars are HUGE (IMO) and are begging to be shared and swapped; there is no way a girl could use up that enture jar in herself, lol. I've been using this from the inside of the lid because you need so very little. Rose seems to versatile! Love.

on 12/27/2010 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This pigment is a lovely colour, a pretty pink with bright gold undertones, but the texture is not smooth and satiny which for me is the the best pigment texture to work with. The texture of this pigment instead is very flaky, and not so finely milled. I'm very disappointed by this as I would really love it to be something I could use with ease. When I use this, it doesn't adhere to the skin very well (the colour payoff is lovely but it just falls off the skin when applied dry). I tried using it wet but then it dries it just flakes off again. The only solution to working with this pigment is using a -very- strong primer/base underneath it. Disappointing really.

on 11/7/2010 12:11:00 PM

Rose pigment.
Color: is more gold than rose, but stills really pretty.
Pigmentation: Is amazing! I love pigments, they're so many things to do with them, lipgloss, nailpolish, blush, eyeshadow.
Packaging: The packaging is kind of messy, so I prefer having it on my dresser that in my cosmetic bag & make a mess.
Love it

on 10/16/2010 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I'm surprised this has so many bad reveiws. The color is effin beautiful. I have several 1/2 samples of this, I love it so much and trying to get my hands on the full size. If anyone wants to swap lemme know! Anyway, these color is a Corally orange red with gold shimmer reflect. You have to swatch the color to understand. I used MAC creme brillance gloss in clear and it adheres to my lid amazingly and the color pay off is 10x better. If you have alot of unpigmented shadows or want more vibrant finish, I really reccommend creme brillance in clear. It's under multi use on the mac website. The two together is truly phenomenal and with electric coral on the crease, my eyes are drop dead gorgeous.

on 9/10/2010 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The color is a gorgeous deep rose, it has a lot of gold shimmer!
and this is probably one of the shimmeriest pigments i own.
Overall...great pigment, definitely a must try for darker complexions!

on 8/27/2010 4:13:00 PM

I recently bought this and tried it over udpp. I hated it, it was chunky and not easy to blend. It did not stick to my primer and kept producing fallout. I was disappointed because it was such a beautiful color and I had saved up my money for such a crappy product.

on 8/24/2010 11:39:00 PM

Yet another one of my favorite Mac pigments! I love this color and works great with my skin tone. You can also use it as a beautiful blush and nail polish! It has a gold hue to it that is absolutely gorgeous! I would def recommend it!

Top Rated MAC Products