July 31, 2014 | 1818 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Doubling Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by MarissaS05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara makes your lashes so long and so full! I personally like spidery lashes though. So I later this on the entire time. But it works perfectly one of my favorites!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

I really like this mascara, and that's saying something because I dislike most mascaras. Most mascaras are too goopy and give a person spider legs for eyelashes. Yuck. Then you have to spend more time combing and fixing the spidery mess.

This Lash Doubling mascara is really good. Granted, it is wet, and does take a couple minutes to dry. But it actually lengthens and thickens lashes in a natural looking way. Not goopy, not spidery, not clumpy, not flakey. Doesn't smudge above or below my eyes. Just really makes my lashes look longer, thicker and really pretty. Good stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't really buy into the theory that expensive or big brand products are necessarily better than their cheaper counterparts. And with mascara, they all look pretty much the same in any case.
So the fact that Clinique, which prices its products as though there's unicorn hair in there, manages to make a rubbish mascara really annoys me. This one has a lovely brush but a dry stiff formula (and it wasn't an old tube either!). Three coats don't give me the same effect as a single light coat of, say Maybelline Define A Lash.
Worse, the formula is so runny I don't need to take it off at the end of the day, a humid Mumbai is enough for it to start depositing on my lower lid.
Your money is better spent on cheaper brands, which you can toss after 6 months without guilt. I'm a big fan of Clinique skincare, don't bet me wrong. But the makeup somehow feels like it's not as hardworking.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by ksidrah

I got this as a Christmas gift and BEST MASCARA EVER! I've used quite a few mascara a in the past and from all that I've used this one is my favorite! It really builds up my lashes adding A LOT if length and volume to it too! The product is finished but I still kept the brush since I can still use the formula of my current mascaras on it!(:

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by seristoff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is wonderful! Although there is a little problem with how this mascara is a little to liquidy, it has such an amazing jet black colour that makes my eyelashes have a fuller better look! It doesn't really curl my eyelashes, so I just curl my eyelashes before putting on this mascara. An amazing product, and definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by msdeezee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! It's my favorite Clinique mascara that I've tried.

That said, I find the effect to be more lengthening than "doubling" for me (I interpret doubling to mean volume I guess?). It gives my lashes a pretty, fluttery look, leaving them emphasized and separated but still natural. It doesn't clump on me at all, though I'm not one to do more than one coat of mascara, so I don't know how well it takes to layering.

LDM doesn't tend to flake off or smudge on me during wear, and it is easy to remove. (Best of both worlds!) Good everyday mascara especially for those who like a relatively subtle, romantic doe-eyed look.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to return this one, which was disappointing.... I normally love Clinique mascaras -- great formulas, long lasting, they don't flake, awesome price point, feel healthy on my lashes, etc. But this one smudged on my upper lid immediately after I applied it. Yuck... used it once, and when I saw the results, knew it had to be brought right back to Sephora!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by kbaker21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received a free sample size from the Clinique counter and I'm completely happy with it. It does take a steady hand b/c the liquid is so wet but i love how you can pile it on to really give your lashes extra length. Not sure that I would actually go buy it myself but it is great if you are considering the purchase.

(if its not from walgreens: rimmel or maybelline, i would go for Diorshow!)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Shaylynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for about three months.

It is a flaky mess. I've had problems with it almost every single day. After 8-10 hours my eyes are red and itchy.

Pros:
Can hold a curl
Very black

Cons:
Flaky, has caused problems with me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Wowsa, I sort of love this mascara. Yes, there may be cheaper DS options that make your lashes look SIMILAR. But sometimes similar isn't good enough, eyy? In any case, I guess that I am the odd one out. But I tried this mascara after the raved about Benefit's There Real. And I have got to say that I would trash the Benefit one after using this one. But no, I am forcing myself to finish it.

This mascara gives me naturally voluptuous, fluttery eyelashes. It is sort of the 'your eyelashes but better' effect. It definitely adds more to the length then the volume. But I like that, meaning that it doesn't give you the clumpy spider lashes. The brush head is very different from all other brands, cone like end with thick bristles. Formula is thinner than most other brands that I have tried, so it doesn't clump easily. I haven't experienced any smudging, as mentioned by others.

This reminds me of the Origins Ginzing Mascara that I rave about. The main difference being that the Origins brush is large and fluffy, whereas this one is cone-like with thick bristles. I like this brush head better for the lower lashes. But I love that both options are paraben free. Going to keep both in my collection.

Overall, this is one of my favorites. I like it better than Dior Blackout or Benefit They're Real. I like that it is paraben free over L'Oreal Voluminous. Cost is $16, so fairly reasonable since I don't go through mascaras like crazy.