October 1, 2014 | 1645 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by oonallee

Amazing stuff! I'd given up on nail polish since having kids - even shellac!! - as nothing lasted longer than a day so it fell into the too hard basket. I'd received one of these, a lovely pastel shade purple, as a freebie. I thought I'd give it a spin not expecting much. I was instantly impressed with the payoff - really only needed two coats and no need for top coat. Plus I loved the 'gel' look finish it had. What really amazed me though was that four days later - it was all still there!!! I was stoked and went out and brought 3 more on a priceline 3 for 2 deal. All the other shades have given me the same results, love this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Caseyyy24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this nail polish yesterday and I already love it. I've always used Essie before but the last 3 bottles I had dried out quick. Like really quick and its not because I left the cap unscrewed. So when I was at Target I decided to pick this one up because they had the same color that I usually buy in Essie. In Essie I used to buy Muchi Muchi, and in the Sally Hansen I bought At First Blush and the colors are identical except Sally Hansen dries quicker, not streaky, better brush and I only need 2 coats to get a dark enough shade. It's cheaper too! Would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I own a lot of these and one of my favorites are Barracuda. It's pretty hard to find for whatever reason. It's such a gorgeous baby blue. The formula on ALL of these are similar to OPI. So smooth and easy to apply, not streaky for the most part and don't chip.

I would HIGHLY recommend these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by HelenaS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is lasting longer than my salon manicures. Particularly amazing because you don't have to use top coat with it. I put it on Sun and it is now Sat., and no chipping yet. Pretty amazing. I am a busy working mom with pets and gardens and all the rest. I bought All Fired Up today and plan to do another manicure tonight. For $8.79 you can't beat it. So much cheaper than going to the salon. I will prob. go to salon once a month and do the rest myself with this amazing polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I always alternate between Essie and Opi and try to stay away from usual drug store mid-low end polishes. Don't get me wrong, I do love spending only a few $ on a new nail polish, but I never found one that stays long, or doesn't chip the very next day (looking at you loreal) or fades etc
So, the main reason I decided to give sally's Salon a try, is their wide brush.
Wow, I am really impressed. Here is why:
#1. It is true, the shape of the brush makes it for a much faster application.
#2. The brush makes it easier not to paint over cuticles
#3. Only one coat is enough. Amazing, no?
#4. Dries very quickly, even if not billed as quick-dry
#5. Easy to remove, unlike quick-dry polishes like Revlon, which are almost impossible to remove without loosing a nail on a process.
#6. Stays true to color for days

Btw, I have it in 814 Platinum Star, very beautiful saturated silver, without cheap looking sparkles. Very smooth in color and application.
Can't wait to try other Salon colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by snaggybird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have a number of these polishes. Nice thick brush makes it easier and quicker to paint the nail.
nice shine to nails and last a good number of days.
only problm I find is the colour appears to stain the nails and takes alot of removing

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Tirilsd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the nail polish and the color is so vibrant and pink!
I really like the brush, you could do your nails really quick because it's larger than normal brushes.
You have to be careful not applying to much, do more layers, for me I think two layers is enough. It also dries quick and stay on for a long while, and doesn't chip before some days of wearing, but that's normal. It's also a lot of nailpolish in the bottle!

This is really one of the best nail polishes I've tried, and I have like 50.. This is a good drugstore nailpolish!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favourite nail polish line. Great formula that dries fast and applies beautifully with the wide brush (which took some getting used to at first, but now I love it). Most importantly to me because I'm very smell-sensitive: once this np dries, there's no lingering chemical smell like with most other np's (the only other one I've found that doesn't is Revlon's classic formula). The CSM line is by far Sally Hansen's best one, IMO. One minor quibble: I'd like to see a few more shimmers in the line - they seem to have mostly cremes and glitters, at least here in Canada.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me this line of polishes has been rather hit or miss. I have purchased quite a number of colors over the years and have only kept a few in my current collection. The formulas can be streaky, especially the sheer colors. Barracuda was also a beast to apply, although a very pretty color. I do like that the colors are very on trend in this line. One of my favorites is Gilty Party, a cool gold with copper flecks in it. It is a versatile metallic with a perfect formula. Overall, I think the Complete Salon Manicure line is over priced for as inconsistent as the formulas are. I much prefer the Xtreme Wear line, and those are only $3! But there are still a few colors I would like to try from the new CSM line up (I haven't purchased any from the revamped line yet), so hopefully they have improved the formulation as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this is my HG polish! i love it! as an esthetician, i've worked with lots of different polishes including OPI, Zoya, Spa ritual and Chinaglaze. This beats all of them for lastability and shine. I also love the brush and its shape which makes it very easy to do your nails quickly and avoid touching your cuticles. Obviously it doesn't last forever, but i can usually get 4-5 days with it before it chips significantly. With chinaglaze i can only get about a day of wear before it chips. The price is great too at $9.99 CAD and it goes on sale often. Plenty of colour choices as well.