December 18, 2014 | 1658 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Angelbix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Angel Wings. The color is an iridescent shimmery white that appears pinkish-silvery-gold in A certain light. I love the color. I love the brush, shorter, wider and denser so it covers the surface of the nail with lesser strokes and usually one coat is sufficient. The polish lasts only a few days however before I notice chips. But this color is light so it's not as noticeable. A darker or brighter color would definitely show the chips. It is a good value. Cheaper than OPI or Essie. I would buy this particular color again and maybe would try others.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by BadWaitress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have two bottles of this now, Sheer Ecstasy and Peach of Cake. I don't like the formula. It's very streaky. The brush is nice and wide, which should make for an easier application, but the polish itself moves the way you'd expect a bottle of old stuff that's been open for a while to move. It's just sticky and too thick, and thick without being opaque. Not a good product.

Edit: I should say one thing for this polish: it's super shiny, even without top coat. Which is good, because I didn't have time to do the clearcoat before I left today. And my nails really do look nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by maria91

One of my favourites - rich colour, an immense range of colours to choose from and a wide brush which makes application incredibly easy. In terms of durability, it's quite good but I still use a top coat on top, even though it's supposed to be 3 in 1.

Overall, I would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by outofherhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really is a good polish. I've used them all, I've spent three times as much. I have over (don't laugh) 300 bottles of nail polish. I do believe for wear and tear this ranks right up there with OPI. The price is right, the selection decent. I do kind of not like the brush. It's wide and flat and makes application a breeze, but, but it barely fits back into the mouth of the bottle and I at least end up getting polish around the mouth of the bottle. So I call that a design flaw. Gray-t escape is a really nice nude with my skin tone. There are some really pretty blues and turquoise, and a glittery blue called Mermaid's Tale, that looks good over the pretty blues and turquoise.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by oonallee

Amazing stuff! I'd given up on nail polish since having kids - even shellac!! - as nothing lasted longer than a day so it fell into the too hard basket. I'd received one of these, a lovely pastel shade purple, as a freebie. I thought I'd give it a spin not expecting much. I was instantly impressed with the payoff - really only needed two coats and no need for top coat. Plus I loved the 'gel' look finish it had. What really amazed me though was that four days later - it was all still there!!! I was stoked and went out and brought 3 more on a priceline 3 for 2 deal. All the other shades have given me the same results, love this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Caseyyy24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this nail polish yesterday and I already love it. I've always used Essie before but the last 3 bottles I had dried out quick. Like really quick and its not because I left the cap unscrewed. So when I was at Target I decided to pick this one up because they had the same color that I usually buy in Essie. In Essie I used to buy Muchi Muchi, and in the Sally Hansen I bought At First Blush and the colors are identical except Sally Hansen dries quicker, not streaky, better brush and I only need 2 coats to get a dark enough shade. It's cheaper too! Would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I own a lot of these and one of my favorites are Barracuda. It's pretty hard to find for whatever reason. It's such a gorgeous baby blue. The formula on ALL of these are similar to OPI. So smooth and easy to apply, not streaky for the most part and don't chip.

I would HIGHLY recommend these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by HelenaS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is lasting longer than my salon manicures. Particularly amazing because you don't have to use top coat with it. I put it on Sun and it is now Sat., and no chipping yet. Pretty amazing. I am a busy working mom with pets and gardens and all the rest. I bought All Fired Up today and plan to do another manicure tonight. For $8.79 you can't beat it. So much cheaper than going to the salon. I will prob. go to salon once a month and do the rest myself with this amazing polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I always alternate between Essie and Opi and try to stay away from usual drug store mid-low end polishes. Don't get me wrong, I do love spending only a few $ on a new nail polish, but I never found one that stays long, or doesn't chip the very next day (looking at you loreal) or fades etc
So, the main reason I decided to give sally's Salon a try, is their wide brush.
Wow, I am really impressed. Here is why:
#1. It is true, the shape of the brush makes it for a much faster application.
#2. The brush makes it easier not to paint over cuticles
#3. Only one coat is enough. Amazing, no?
#4. Dries very quickly, even if not billed as quick-dry
#5. Easy to remove, unlike quick-dry polishes like Revlon, which are almost impossible to remove without loosing a nail on a process.
#6. Stays true to color for days

Btw, I have it in 814 Platinum Star, very beautiful saturated silver, without cheap looking sparkles. Very smooth in color and application.
Can't wait to try other Salon colors.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by snaggybird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have a number of these polishes. Nice thick brush makes it easier and quicker to paint the nail.
nice shine to nails and last a good number of days.
only problm I find is the colour appears to stain the nails and takes alot of removing