January 31, 2015 | 929 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Momeramas

I have never reviewed a polish, but this stuff is AMAZING. I am usually an OPI gal, but I bought this on sale at CVS in shade 150 Hi Ho Silver because I wanted a shiny, glittery opaque silver. (it looks great with my white gold and silver rings) I brought this to my manicurist and she loves the brush on Sally Hansen polishes. She put on a base coat, 2 coats of the polish, and a top coat. It is now EIGHT days later and it still looks perfect...no chips! This is unheard of for me - I am a stay at home mom and do laundry, cooking, and housework all day long. I wash my hands 10 or more times a day. Sometimes my manicure won't even last 3 days before it is chipping and/or peeling off. I notice that this polish is not supposed to need a base or top coat., but have not tried it alone yet. As far as the bad reviews, maybe it depends on what shade you get. But this shade 150 is an outstanding winner, and I will definitely not hesitate to try other colors in this line.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have two shades from this collection, and let me tell you I've had no luck with these.

The colors I have are rather streaky and thin. It literally takes FIVE coats to make it opaque! And at that point, its thick and gloppy and never dries completely. Its also the type of nail polish that sticks to bumps in your nails and exaggerates them. This is probably my least favorite nail polish actually, its just so thin and streaky. Lacks pigmentation and just anything special.

The brush is ok I guess, the product would be even more terrible without it so I guess its got that on its side.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Angelbix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Angel Wings. The color is an iridescent shimmery white that appears pinkish-silvery-gold in A certain light. I love the color. I love the brush, shorter, wider and denser so it covers the surface of the nail with lesser strokes and usually one coat is sufficient. The polish lasts only a few days however before I notice chips. But this color is light so it's not as noticeable. A darker or brighter color would definitely show the chips. It is a good value. Cheaper than OPI or Essie. I would buy this particular color again and maybe would try others.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by BadWaitress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have two bottles of this now, Sheer Ecstasy and Peach of Cake. I don't like the formula. It's very streaky. The brush is nice and wide, which should make for an easier application, but the polish itself moves the way you'd expect a bottle of old stuff that's been open for a while to move. It's just sticky and too thick, and thick without being opaque. Not a good product.

Edit: I should say one thing for this polish: it's super shiny, even without top coat. Which is good, because I didn't have time to do the clearcoat before I left today. And my nails really do look nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by maria91

One of my favourites - rich colour, an immense range of colours to choose from and a wide brush which makes application incredibly easy. In terms of durability, it's quite good but I still use a top coat on top, even though it's supposed to be 3 in 1.

Overall, I would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by outofherhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really is a good polish. I've used them all, I've spent three times as much. I have over (don't laugh) 300 bottles of nail polish. I do believe for wear and tear this ranks right up there with OPI. The price is right, the selection decent. I do kind of not like the brush. It's wide and flat and makes application a breeze, but, but it barely fits back into the mouth of the bottle and I at least end up getting polish around the mouth of the bottle. So I call that a design flaw. Gray-t escape is a really nice nude with my skin tone. There are some really pretty blues and turquoise, and a glittery blue called Mermaid's Tale, that looks good over the pretty blues and turquoise.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by oonallee

Amazing stuff! I'd given up on nail polish since having kids - even shellac!! - as nothing lasted longer than a day so it fell into the too hard basket. I'd received one of these, a lovely pastel shade purple, as a freebie. I thought I'd give it a spin not expecting much. I was instantly impressed with the payoff - really only needed two coats and no need for top coat. Plus I loved the 'gel' look finish it had. What really amazed me though was that four days later - it was all still there!!! I was stoked and went out and brought 3 more on a priceline 3 for 2 deal. All the other shades have given me the same results, love this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Caseyyy24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this nail polish yesterday and I already love it. I've always used Essie before but the last 3 bottles I had dried out quick. Like really quick and its not because I left the cap unscrewed. So when I was at Target I decided to pick this one up because they had the same color that I usually buy in Essie. In Essie I used to buy Muchi Muchi, and in the Sally Hansen I bought At First Blush and the colors are identical except Sally Hansen dries quicker, not streaky, better brush and I only need 2 coats to get a dark enough shade. It's cheaper too! Would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I own a lot of these and one of my favorites are Barracuda. It's pretty hard to find for whatever reason. It's such a gorgeous baby blue. The formula on ALL of these are similar to OPI. So smooth and easy to apply, not streaky for the most part and don't chip.

I would HIGHLY recommend these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by HelenaS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is lasting longer than my salon manicures. Particularly amazing because you don't have to use top coat with it. I put it on Sun and it is now Sat., and no chipping yet. Pretty amazing. I am a busy working mom with pets and gardens and all the rest. I bought All Fired Up today and plan to do another manicure tonight. For $8.79 you can't beat it. So much cheaper than going to the salon. I will prob. go to salon once a month and do the rest myself with this amazing polish.