July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Hair - Shiseido - Super Mild Shampoo fruity/floral

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Auryane

I absolutely loved this product--it's the only thing that works well with my long, sun-damaged asian hair. I'm not a big fan of the smell, but I can live with it, and it dissipates quickly. And the results--soft, smooth hair--is well worth the slightly annoyance of that overly foral smell. I don't know if this builds up, as I use a clarifying sbampoo at least once a week. I do reach for a deep conditioner on a weekly bases as well, as my hair is very dry. Otherwise, this shampoo and it's matching conditioner are my HG hair products! They're not easy to find, but you can try your luck in asian grocery stories, hair salons, or ebay, or other online sites.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2005 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Darkholmme

First off...this is in response to the reviewer below (vietnamlady, 5/10/05) who gave this shampoo a "one" without ever having tried it: please do not use this to ask questions! Email one of the reviewers, or ask on the messageboard. It's hardly fair to ruin this product's near-perfect reviews by giving it a ONE just so that you can figure out where to buy it! 14 out of 15 reviewers who actually tried this gave it a FIVE...the actual rating should be a lot higher (at least a 4.9). Too many people who are browsing through "MUA top picks" will miss out on this jem because your "question" dragged down the ratings!

That said, I absolutely adore this shampoo (and it's matching conditioner). Despite its ensuathastic reception on MUA, I was skeptical: I've tried no less than 20 shampoos and conditioners within the last 3 months looking for my HG products...I have a growing pile of high-end, extensive products in the bottom of my cabinets. I was amazed to find what I'm looking for from the most unusual source. Thank you MUA! I would never have picked up on this if it wasn't for the recommendations. The down side is that this is difficult to find. After calling practically every asian grocery store and salon (half of which didn't speak English), I bought this at Vee's cosmetics and beauty store in San Jose, CA. You can also find this on ebay (sometimes) and online--just do a google search for "shiseido super mild shampoo." I purchased mine for $20 USD for the set, two huge pump bottles of 600 ml each (roughly 21 ounces each). There is a matching intensive treatment conditioner, but I haven't used this yet. This comes in a pink/white bottle (floral/fruity scent) or a blue/white bottle (sporty scent), though the results and ingrediants are pretty much the same.

This shampoo foams very well (I only used one squirt for my long hair)and goes through my hair very easily. I can't read japanese so I have no idea if it builds up or contains silicones, but I do use a clarifying shampoo (Giovanni's triple tea tree treat) once a week. The conditioner is also perfect...it has some detangling effects, but mostly, it softens my hair. The effect of the pair is rather like Redken's all-soft (which costs 3 times as much--I used that for months before switching over), but unlike all-soft, it doesn't weight down my hair as much. I'm still amazed by this product, and will pick up the intensive treatment, as well as stock up as soon as I can. DEFINITELY give this a try if you're disappointed by other products. My hair: long, fairly strong, medium coarseness, straight, (typical "asian" hair).
continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 11:09:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I'd been crazy looking for this brand after many satisfaction with the FT's lipbalms. I knew I can't go wrong after reading the flying remark here by other MUAer.So, I ordered some from my trusted seller in Ebay (It's really ashame that Australia doesn't has this brand-not even in the oriental stores). I can't be happier. I gladly throw away my other shampoo; one of which is the trusted Kerstase.My hair tends to frizz and why should I use other shampoos that claim to mend that problem but cause other hair problem, like oily root?! Super Mild fixes both problems. What I experience is baby soft hair that actually VOLUMISE it!The way my hair move after each use just remind me of my baby boy's hair. non-oily scalp the next day, and heavenly scented that my husband love so much he keep kissing my head since I use this (can't get any better really..). And girls... this shampoo and the conditioner are CHEAP. I have both the green and pink bottle. Since I don't read Japanese I'm not sure if either one is for what hair-type, as long as I'm concerned both colour does the same job. The pink's (red flower)has more feminine fragrance than the Green's which I described as more sporty.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2005 4:00:00 PM More reviews by meow730

I have been using this shampoo and conditioner set for about 2 weeks now. I've got to say that my hair feels really soft and silky. I only wish that the bottle will have some english description on it. Also, I got the set on sale for about $20 CDN. The regular price was about $40 CDN (including tax).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2005 1:35:00 PM More reviews by DarkRay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very nice shampoo which smells nice, is light, and cleans very well. I use the conditioner as well as since this shampoo does not leave a conditioning coating, my hair really fluff up when its dry...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2005 5:48:00 AM More reviews by rustload

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Both the conditioner and shampoo of this are amazing! Eee! I love the textures, the big pump bottles, and even the scents which some are not so fond of. These bottles are ginormous and will last you for ages. Great price, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2005 3:41:00 PM More reviews by rosieny

Um, this didn't smell fruity to me but more like floral/fresh. This pearly white shampoo feels like it moisturizes as it cleans. Left my hair smooth and silky!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2004 11:43:00 PM More reviews by burgers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shampoo is awesome! My hair was really dried out after using another shampoo, but as soon as I had rinsed this off in the shower, my hair felt so smooth and silky. I am a bit worried about whether there's silicons in it because I can't understand the ingredients list, but I am very happy with what it's done with my hair. I have thick and long Asian hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2004 9:22:00 PM More reviews by emilymcaldwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good shampoo. Left my (asian) hair smooth, soft, and thick. Price was relatively expensive, however, you do get what you pay for. Price paid was $13 for 600 ml. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2004 7:55:00 PM More reviews by leira

First off, my hair is thick, wavy, coarse, wiry, not colored but dry on the ends. This shampoo is AMAZING. It cleans your hair without stripping off the natural oils and leaves a lovely scent that doesn't reek after you dry your hair. I could use this everyday and I know my hair wouldn't dry out but since I've used this I'm able to wash my hair every other day without fear of getting flakes or oily scalp! I purchased this during my recent trip in California, and it is available at most Japanese grocery markets, in Japantown and Mitsuwa grocery stores. If you can get the conditioner as well, go get it! It's just as great as the shampoo! The bottle is huge and it comes with a pump (bottle is white and has pink writing). I got both conditioner and shampoo on sale for $14.99. So far this is the BEST shampoo I've tried for my thick Asian hair, and I've tried many - Bumble and Bumble, Aveda, etc.