Clarins Instant Eye Make-up Remover

4.2

on 7/14/2013 2:21:00 PM

If like me you often wear heavy eye makeup, khol pencils and waterproof mascara, you definitely need one of these. Shake it well to mix it allow your cotton pad to soak then place it on the eye for a minute and swipe. Voila works like a charm! Its oily in texture but doesn't irritate my eyes and remove every single bit of eye makeup. Great product.

on 4/15/2013 3:23:00 PM

I am on my second bottle of this and absolutely love it! I have been using Lancome's Bi-Facil (animal testing + too pricey) and L'Oreal's Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for Eyes and Lips - WATERPROOF (worn out my eye area so even gentlest products burned and stung afterwards) before until I found this. It's quite the same idea: dual action remover with oil and cleansing agent but this is the most GENTLE and natural of all. I also tried RoC's Multi-Action MU Remover Milk, which stung my eyes and wouldn't get eye MU off without rubbing hard. It is very gentle, doesn't sting the skin, doesn't require any long rubbing, doesn't smell much and conditions the lashes and skin with the oils. It does a great job removing waterproof and strong MU like gel and liquid eyeliners and mascara. I also use it for removing long-wear or matte lipstick, also works great.
TIP: first, shake well before use. Then apply to a cotton ball or pad and press it gently to your lid. Hold it for a couple of seconds (depends on how much eye MU you have on) and wipe it all off. Most probably all of it won't come off with one wipe and you might want to wipe once more to get rid of everything.
I would not recommend using it on your entire face because the oils in the liquid could clog pores or break out sensitive skin, eyes and maybe lips if you have a long-lasting matte product on.

Verdict: Keeper!

INGREDIENTS: Cyclomethicone, Aqua/Water/Eau, Isohexadecane, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, CI 42090/Blue 1.

on 1/1/2013 3:27:00 PM

Ok i love the way this works BUT
- so much tips out of the bottle its a waste!
- it is quite greasy (but i wash my face after anyway)
HOWEVER...
it does such an amazing job of removing my waterproof lancome mascara and MAC fluid line that i really cant complain too much.
just wish it wasnt so expensive as i go through about a bottle every 6 weeks! and at 17GBP and then 21GBP for a cleanser and 18GBP for the toner which goes with it its one heck of a cut from my pay chek!
56GBP just to clean my face? not to mention the prices of their moisturisers?
come on clarins sort it out!

on 10/13/2012 11:31:00 PM

I tried the Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover Heavy Make-Up Sensitive Eyes and will never do it again. This is actually the worst beauty product I have tried so far, all categories considered. Every single time I have used it, I have been disappointed and woke up the next morning with raccoon eyes, even after careful removal the night before. This product simply does not work, either for regular or waterproof mascara. Sure, it works fine for eye shadows, but I want the big stuff out as well!! I strongly recommend Neutrogena Eye Make-Up Remover Lotion instead, or Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Make-Up Remover, which, for a fraction of the price, will do a better job.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got the travel size as a gift and I find this product to be fantastic! I 'm a great lover of Lancome's Bi-Facil and I cannot decide which one I love more. I was so surprised with this remover; it's not oily or harsh on the skin and the makeup comes off instantly (like the name implies). I'm not so sure about the pricing since mine is a mini version (30ml/1fl. oz) but on the Sephora site it says it's$26.50 for 4.2fl. oz (about 126ml) and the Bi-Facil is $27. So, basically this product is great for all makeup especially waterproof and super gentle but maybe pricey for some people.

on 5/1/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

You're not supposed to "Swipe" this off! You saturate a cotton round and lightly press and hold it on the eye for 10-20 seconds depending on how much makeup you have on and whether or not its waterproof! You shake it to mix the bi-phase and then use it that way. This is a great remover IF you use it properly.

on 2/18/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff works really well for a natural product. It gets off my origins mascara which is not an easy task, I would not call it instant, but it works pretty quickly. I have tried jojoba oil and it just stings my eyes. This does not sting at all. Really good for sensitive eyes.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not very tough on water-proof mascara - needs some rubbing to get it off, i guess not very instant as they claim.

This is great for getting makeup off quickly and easy, and I love the way the product sits with half blue and half white.
However I feel that it is really greasy/oily and I don't use it as often in fear of breakouts.

on 1/14/2012 3:18:00 PM

I love this eye make-up remover. Unlike many others I have tried, it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all. Does a decent job of removing mascara in a few swipes. I was worried I might find it too oily, but I haven't actually found it to be oily at all. Would highly recommend. Not cheap, but worth the price in my opinion.