October 31, 2014 | 1114 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on the fence about this product. I originally started out using the primer but found that after a few times when I noticed I didn't cover the white primer properly I decided to stop using the primer. Yes it does add some volume but this product works on its own. It is not WP but gives enough coverage for dark lashes, decent volume. There is some smudging on my upper lashes because they're long and touch my brow. I purchased this at a discount outlet for $2.99 so a good deal. Wish the buy again had a maybe option but if I had to lean one way or another, it's a no because it doesn't have the wow factor.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by riama

For a non waterproof formula, it did hold the curl decently for ~ 5 hours. I didn't see "BOLD" volume or anything like that ... just darker lashes, but nothing too notable. I found the 2 steps to be kind of pointless - I tried going straight to step 2 once, and didn't see a huge difference from when I used step 1 first! It's an okay mascara - does the job in darkening lashes, but nothing out of this world :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara on the recommendation of my college age daughter. I have used these double sided mascaras in the past with good results so I felt the usual pull to try something new. On one side is a black mascara, or "primer" (probably the same mascara as the other end) with a smaller, thinner wand. On the other side is the top coat mascara, with a thicker, longer wand. The primer side does an amazing job of getting all the little hairs and into the tight corners without getting it all over your eyes. The top coat mascara with the bigger wand does a really good job of catching all those little lashes since the primer got them ready with a bit of product. It definitely lasted nearly 20 hours and was still looking great when I went to wash it off with a makeup remover cloth. No clumps, no racoon eyes and easy to remove with a remover wipe. I'm totally impressed and will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I adore the original version of this so I figured I'd try this. I mean, sounds like it'd be amazing. Not so much.
Formula- No primer like the other versions. It's just a regular mascara and another mascara thats waterproof.. = clumps out the yin yan.
Brush- Good. Ordinary brush. Nothing special.
Design/Packaging- Nice. Sleek looking
Price- Pricy for a drugstore mascara.. especially when I hated it. If I'm going to spend that much on a DS mascara, I'll stick with the original formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by VickiiL

When I first applied it, I was surprised to see how long my lashes became. It was a smooth but clumpy...I've managed to deal with that. Also, why would someone make a mascara that last 24hrs when it's bad to wear it over night? Or is this product safe to do so? who knows...Okay, so after the first step, I then applied the top coat (number 2) and my lashes suddenly looked extremely long and full. Not the best I've used but I'm happy with it. I then curled it then used a brush to remove most of the clumps. It tinted and darken my lashes well and apparently it's build-able too. Overall...it's good. Not the best on the market but it's good for the price I got for it lol

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Awful. Very little volume, no definition and it started smudging within an hour.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by TheGoldViolet

Clumps, smudges, disappears in 10 minutes...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by sciencejk

This mascara is like a dupe for MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Lash Mascara. Oh my, I don't even know where to start with this product. First off, the primer helps immensely in bringing out volume out of your eyelashes. It's also buildable, so the more coats you apply, the thicker your lashes appear. The topcoat (which is the second "step" from the tube) darkens your eyelashes. This mascara gives you length and volume, it's as if you're wearing fake lashes if you apply more coats. I would definitely repurchase this again, the price is a bit expensive but hey if you think about it, this is a pretty reasonable price for the result you get. This mascara can probably compete with high end brands.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like this mascara. Gives similar results as the voluminous by L'oreal and the colossal by maybelline (my favorite). I just find it a bit dumb for having 2 sides when there are other mascaras that give the same look with just one coat of the same wand and formula. regardless this is still nice, gives length and defines each lash.

EDIT:
okay i don't know what i was thinking, this sucks!!! such a dryyyyyyyy formula! and i'm not wasting my time putting on 2 different wands of the mascara. It looks like its doing a good job when i'm putting it on, but when i look in the mirror latter on, it looks nothing like when i put it on, instead it looks dry, and soooo much less voluminous than it did before, def would not buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by 346babyboo346

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this mascara i love side 1 it gives length and side 2 volume, its kind of expensive its aroun $9.50 but what you pay for is what you gett,this mascara is totalyy a repurchasee
i love how it give lengt,volume,and it defines like one by onee
i recommendd ittt!:)