Turmeric Mask

4.5

Turmeric Powder

on 11/30/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh my god just because it turns your face red and burns doesn't mean you're allergic to it. But haha think what you want. I've been using this mask for a year and it burns the hell out of my face and makes it red but the results have been drastic. Love this so much!

on 11/30/2014 3:44:00 AM

Instead of using the conventional yellow turmeric, I so happen found a white turmeric (curcuma mangga) that's even more potent and beneficial than the yellow ones. The biggest advantage is that of course it doesn't stain like crazy, but it is stronger so I couldn't put it on my face for more than 10minutes. The result is also better, cleared up my skin almost instantly though bigger acne may take some time to heal. I've read health articles and journals, and even consult with several shinse, the white turmeric is on their top list when treating people with cancer. I cannot tell for sure, but I've since taken it internally as well.

on 11/25/2014 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just mixed the 100% turmeric powder with some water and gently put it on my face all i got to say is I HATE THIS SO MUCH!!!! it burned my face and left it so red and itchy i will not recommend this to anyone!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I started using this stuff about a week ago. I was experiencing a really bad breakout from God knows what. I mixed up a mask that included turmeric and an equal part of the aztec healing clay that I have and I use apple cider vinegar to create the paste. Sometimes i may add a little but if coconut oil, which is my staple moisturizer, so that the mask won't be so drying. The turmeric has really helped clear the breakouts and preventing new ones so far. It helped heal the breakouts in double the time if I wasn't using any kind of mask. I also think the turmeric in combination with my black soap and coconut oil regimen has helped reduce the amount of scaring I get from breakouts. So far so good and it will remain a staple product for me from here on out. Sometimes i even mix my turmeric with my liquid black soap to get an extra affect. It doesn't stain me too bad and I've also noticed a great glow.

on 11/16/2014 2:34:00 AM

my skin is so much nicer! it seems to glow and just looks a lot healthier.
so cheap and simple

on 11/12/2014 3:24:00 PM

First of all, I know many reviewers are complaining about the yellow staining of Turmeric. This tells me that some users have not done the proper research, & are using FOOD GRADE Turmeric.

For COSMETIC use, you need "Curcuma Aromatica". It will not "stain" your face. It will easily wash off. The staining typically occurs from using typical Food Grade Turmeric, which often has added dye for a more vibrant color!!

When using Curcuma Aromatica, you will have great results healing your skin of acne, improving skin tone & luminosity, I promise!!! You only need a very small amount for each mask, and at $12 for 1/2lb bag on amazon, it's extremely affordable, and an excellent value since it's so effective. You can find many great masks recipes online, but do your research :).

ALSO - turmeric is an awesome teeth whitener! Just make a paste with the turmeric & some water, brush teeth for about 2 minutes, swish mouth water until it runs clear, and you will be amazed!

on 11/5/2014 12:33:00 AM

I mix turmeric powder with raw honey (since I am not allergic) and use it as a mask for about an hour a day for breakouts until my skin is clear. For me it has worked better than any over the counter topical acne product. The honey counters any drying effects of using it plain or only with milk (washing with plain turmeric would be too irritating for my sensitive skin). Raw honey is antibacterial and a natural moisturizer so it enhances the benefits of turmeric plus it helps the turmeric from caking or flaking off your face. I use a witch hazel toner and cotton makeup remover pads to wipe away the yellow staining which is actually just residue.

It's easy to gently wipe off the stain that's left after washing with cleanser. Use a good non alcohol toner and cotton pads (although I am very pale so it takes two cotton cleansing pads soaked in toner). If you don't exfoliate regularly you may stain more and need more toner because the yellow pigment grabs onto the dead skin cells, but otherwise it should not be a problem. Wear clothes you don't care about because it's much harder to wash out of fabric if at all.

Compared to how much commercial/prescription skin care costs, it's a godsend recipe for your wallet without side effects unless you are allergic to raw honey or turmeric. If you don't have acne, this mask still brightens, smooths, minimizes pores and evens out your skin.

on 11/2/2014 2:46:00 PM

For about a month now I have really struggled with my skin- I have had consistent breakouts around my mouth area, cheeks and forehead. After trying countless shop bought products to try bring my skin under control and instead facing more problems such as redness, dry skin ect, I decided to turn to the more natural side of skincare, hence the wonderful turmeric mask.

Here is the recipe I used-

1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (mine was shop bought however organic is best)
2 teaspoon of pure honey (again, shop bought)
1 teaspoon of sugar
splash of lemon juice

I applied the paste to my face and left for around 20 minutes, and when I washed it off my skin was as glowy as ever. I did have a little bit of staining, however this was easily dealt with by cleansing my face straight after with my cleanser. The turmeric and honey have natural anti bacterial properties which is great for those who experience break outs or clogged pores. After my first time using this mask my spots where significantly reduced and were dried out which really made me happy! The sugar is a natural exfoliant which works alongside the lemon juice which is a natural acid to help slough away dead skin cells (gently) and also reduce any pigmentation and scarring you may have on your skin.

Overall my experience with this mask so far has been pleasant. I will update in a few weeks time to comment on whether or not this has helped with any scarring and also any further improvement in my skin. Enjoy!!

on 10/31/2014 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't tried it yet, but for those of you that had worse acne or bad irritation as a result, you may be allergic. I'm going to do a test on my arm to see if I am allergic to it first before putting it ALL over my face. This is a strong suggestion for those who have never tried it either!!!

on 10/27/2014 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just can't get past how this stains my skin yellow, and it was pretty drying too, not a fan.

Popular Face Skincare Products

Fix+
Turmeric Mask
Rosehip Seed Oil
Rosehip Oil
Unblemish

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to get clear skin, remove acne, and dark circles by farahdhukai

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products