Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup

3.5

Octinoxate 7.5%, Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (PVP Crosspolymer), Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA, Urea, Trehalose, Polyquaternium 51, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica [2011]

on 10/12/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am looking for a drugstore foundation to wear when I am off work and running errands. No need to use my Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lifting Creme foundation for those days. Now, if I could find a drugstore foundation that becomes my new HG, that would be icing on the cake!

Maybelline brings me back to my high school days (where did the time go???). A Maybelline fdtn, don't remember which one, was my go-to foundation until my skin required more hydration. Thought I would try Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup, since the name indicates it's made with a formula to benefit women in my age group.

I held several shades up to my face while looking in the mirror near the makeup section. 200 Creamy Natural came the closest to my skin tone. I have the skin tone which is difficult to match, so off to a good start with Rewind Eraser.

Packaging is something left to be desired. A pump dispenser would have been less messy, but instead Maybelline went with a gimmick dispenser. Foundation dispenses in the "eraser" after turning the dark colored part of the bottle left. I dot the eraser on the back of my hand once or twice, and then use a foundation brush to apply foundation from back of hand to my face.

Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup glided well over my face, and pleasantly surprised it covered those pesky little imperfections and uneven skin tone. Gave the foundation time to set before inspecting to see if it dove into fine lines. Results - it doesn't sink into fine lines and highlight them, but it didn't settle as nicely as Re-Nutriv. Not expecting the same results as with Re-Nutriv, so won't take off lippies for that. Finish is natural and matte. Impressed with the matte finish. If one has dry skin, like myself, a matte finish can give the appearance of taut and dry skin, but not this one. I haven't felt comfortable wearing a true blue matte finish for years, so this really stood out to me.

The reason for giving three lippies is the foundation doesn't provide enough hydration for my skin. As I mentioned in the above paragraph, my skin didn't look taunt and dry, but within fifteen minutes, my skin felt taunt and dry. I have read reviews written by women with dry skin, and the foundation worked out well for them. With the coverage and finish it provided, wish it had worked well for my skin, too.

UPDATE 11/15/14-I used to exfoliate at night, but now that I exfoliate in the morning and night (my skin requires a gentle exfoliation twice a day now that fall is here), Instant Age Rewind fdtn feels less drying on my skin. Exfoliate, serum, moisturize, and apply fdtn. Happy I can now wear this comfortably. Will alternative between this fdtn and Estee Lauder Resilience Lift fdtn. Changed rating from three lippies to four.

on 10/8/2014 8:54:00 PM

This is good foundation and when I wear it I feel it makes me look younger. When its not on though my skin doesnt look as healthy but this is a good foundation and lasts a long time!.

on 10/4/2014 10:19:00 PM

I have to admit I like this one. I don't have issues finding a shade that fits me (it's mostly ivory, in every brand), and the covering is not the best, but I really like the sponge (a pump could be better but not that practical, perhaps). The skin looks softer and not very dry or oily. I can't really understand the 'anti-age' effect, but it works for a quick makeup with some powder on top. I'll buy it again.

on 9/17/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this foundation. It's not 100% perfect for my skin. Like it still oils up after a long day and creases in places. But coverage it's pretty good. I wish it came in a pump. The sponge is a little gross. I clean my weekly by swirling it it California Baby unscented baby shampoo. Still though, it feels a little gross to me.

Color: Creamy Ivory

on 8/12/2014 12:45:00 PM

I would love to give this product a full review . . . if only I could get it out of the container. I turn endlessly and nothing comes out. I pulled off the sponge from the top and actually stuck a pin in to the tube to see if there was something stuck. I was able to pull out the liquid on the pin, but nothing comes out on its own no matter how hard I try! Needless to say, it was a waste of $11.00 if I can't even get the damn product out of the bottle!

So short of cutting the container open, what's the trick to getting this stuff out?

on 8/7/2014 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this foundation so much! I ordered it online Cus we don't have it here :( the price was ok for it! And I love it Even that it will look better on normal to dry skin and even for combo skin types! But with my oily skin I need to apply a powder on top!! It looks so natural and having a nice healthy finish! It feels like ur not wearing anything on ur face! But still like ur skin but so much better! After all that I really like it for day time or when I'm going shopping it's so perfect! Easily to apply with fingers! Ooo and the foundation has a pink undertone!!! But I don't have a big problem with it Cus with the time it disappears!! And looks nice :)

well what can i say i bought this product once and hated it, then i bought it againt for whatever reasons i dont know why, and i fell in love. now im using it everyday, i also have the maybelline color stay which sometimes i use around my nose to cover the redness if i need a better stay, but for the rest of the face i use this because its very light and natural looking.
love it and will buy it again.

This is a decent foundation, but by no means holy grail material. For reference, I have light beige skin (wear Bobbi Brown Cool Beige) that is very oily in the t-zone but dry on the cheeks. I picked this up in the 2nd lightest color (I think the #130?), which seems to be decently neutral.

PROS: Good pricepoint; non-heavy coverage. The applicator makes is easy to dab onto the skin, and the container is compact enough to travel with.
CONS: Color match is not wonderful; does not control oil; did not notice any anti-aging benefits.

I paired this with the Age Rewind concealer and the Maybelline Dream compact powder, and it seemed to wear decently. I would say if your skin is very oily, or if you have a lot you need to cover (ie. heavy acne or scarring) -- this product is not for you.

Overall, a decent drugstore foundation. I wouldn't necessarily repurchase, but I don't regret buying it. continued >>

on 4/7/2014 8:15:00 PM

Love this. I really like the packaging. I don't put a full face of foundation on, just under my eyes and a little on my cheeks. I blend a little with a makeup sponge. Looks very natural.
I can see that some do not like the packaging but I find it works great for more of a spot foundation and not a full face application.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product after reading rave reviews. I was looking for a medium to full coverage cream foundation that wore naturally and flawlessly and didn't settle in my lines. Everyone claimed that this foundation provided these results and more. The applicator tip was unusual, but again, most people didn't have an issue with it after using it. I couldn't wait to purchase this product and was so disappointed! Firstly, I had to twist the top at least fifty times before a drop came out, and then it flooded out. I used my fingers the first time and when I was unhappy with the result used a face brush, which didn't change the result. I tried it with and without moisturizer, with and without primer, and it was just dismal. I have extremely dry skin and every reviewer said that this was the best foundation for their dry skin and didn't highlight their flakes and dry patches. The coverage was not medium to full, but blotchy and grainy and stuck on some parts and didn't stick to other parts of my skin, so it looked very uneven and grainy, and not at all natural. It did not conceal a thing. I would love for someone to tell me where I went wrong and offer some tips, as I can't believe why this product is loved by so many and seems so perfectly suited for my skin and preferences. I wanted so badly to finally find my perfect foundation, especially from a drugstore brand, but I am extremely disappointed thus far.