April 16, 2014 | 1822 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Génifique Eye

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a small jar of this from Sephora on points... I've always been happy with my all about eyes rich clinique cream and tried this a couple of times absentmindedly, in place of my regular eye cream. Suddenly, I was using it in place of my clinique eye cream... Again, not thinking anything of it. I've had no irritations and I've found it to be moisturizing and that was that. The past few days, however, I've been taking second glances at myself in the mirror after getting into work. My eyes appear brighter but, more importantly... is it possible that some of my wrinkles are gone?! I haven't even been LOOKING for wrinkle improvements (always figured that was a myth, that an eye cream couldn't possibly eliminate fine lines...)

I've been using it now for a bit less than a month. Will see if I continue noticing these improvements. If this continues, I will most certainly re-purchase when I run out of the sample-sized jar.

EDIT: I did re-purchase and my mom also gave me hers because she didn't like it anymore. Completely stopped using it; now I have 1 half empty and 1 completely full jar. I didn't find it to be hydrating enough after all, and then I had bags/wrinkles again... So it wasn't worth it. Back to Clinique all about eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didn't get a chance to use it long enough to talk about long term effects. It gave me milia in 1 week and went back to the store. For reference, i have extremely dry undereye area with dark circles and few fine lines. My skin is quite sensitive and I tend to get break outs from most Lancome products.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by meghab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely 100% hate this product! It's horrible. All I wanted was to get an eye cream that provide some basic hydration with maybe some anti-aging benefits and diminish dark circles. All I got was a very painful, very red, very dry, and very disgusting rash around my eyes. I only used the product once and sparingly!!!!! I'm so upset that after a week the rash still has not completely gone away. I have extremely sensitive skin, and anyone else who is also extremely sensitive should stay away.

Usually I check the ingredients on each product I put on my face because of my tendency to react to most products, but I got the cream in a free gift from Lancome. The sample didn't give ingredients (or at least not any I saw), and I just thought, "what the heck? I love Lancome cosmetics so they must make somewhat decent facial products." Big mistake on my part. After I reacted to the product, I looked it up on beautypedia.com, to see how they rated it, and I found out it contains alcohol and fragrance!! Two ingredients I would never put on my face let alone the more delicate eye area.

Clearly, I'm biased as I reacted to the eye cream; however, I really haven't heard anything really positive about it. I wouldn't waste my money on this at all! I still like Lancome cosmetics, but I would definitely second guess buying anything from their skincare line.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by pinkabvelvet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I have to say, I do not love this eye cream. For one it is extremely expensive and two, it doesn't work. The sales assistant recommended this to me as I have dark circles and I wanted to try and tackle the problem rather than caking on loads of concealer. However, after a few months use I don't feel they look any better, I wouldn't say they looked worse but for the money I would have definitely hoped for some sort of difference. I do feel that the texture of my under eyes has improved, probably due to them being more hydrated but you would probably be able to achieve this effect using a much cheaper moisturiser. Save your money and buy something else!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nov.12.2001 Update: I gave this eye-cream a few more try, and this still doesn't depuff or remove/lessen any fine lines. But during the harsh dry season, this eye-cream still provide some basic hydration for my under eye area. (Good for make up base!) The ingredient seem alright, putting alcohol denat is ten times better then putting 4 or 5 dangerous parabens like olay, christian dior and Arden does in their anti-aging product. I remember seeing EL's Advance Night repair serum using Bifida as well but unsure if Bifida work on topical product... A lot of people suffer from skin allergy from this product, well me and my bf both have sensitive, allergic skin but this eye-cream doesn't irritated us. I originally comment I "might" repurchase this product again, but for price of 80$CND I still think it should at least depuff and lessen fine lines, I will probably only recommend this product to people who have money and someone only need basic hydration for their skin. For people who want to try Genifique skincare series, definitely try Genifique Night Cream, now that's one awesome night cream which give me baby soft skin.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Alcohol Denat., Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polysilicone-11, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Ptfe, Methylsilanol/Silicate Crosspolymer, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Adenosine, Chlorphenesin, Polygonum Fagopyrum Extract / Polygonum Fagopyrum Seed Extract, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide / Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate / Steareth-8 Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Propylene Carbonate, Caramel, Disodium Edta, Citronellol, Fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by sexyann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received several small samples of this at the Lancome counter and gave them away to swappers. I only tried this twice. Both times, it stung really bad under my eyes. This is not for my thin, delicate, sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

All I can say is I glad I got a luxury sized sample tube of this before I shelled out the money for it. I'm 35 and have started seeing very fine lines around and under my eye. Not horrific (I've been a factor 50 freak all my life which I'm thankful for as I get older!), but enough for me to notice every day.
I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and it's made the lines and wrinkles WORSE!! How is this possible? How can an expensive premium eye cream worsen what it's supposed to help? I'm sticking to my Lacura eye cream which at £1.99 does 100x better job than this product. Seriously not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by nikikash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not super impressed, really did a whole lot of nothing to my delicate eye area. Texture was good at least, but seriously for what i payed nothing special. This whole genefique category i truly think isn't what i thought it would be. There are better options for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by KuteKora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After of almost 2 weeks of use.........MY EYE BAGS ARE WORSE. WORSE. I WANT TO CRY. The lines are STEEPER and they are LONGER around my eye. It wasn't bad before but now I look OLD! (I'm 20 years old.......I want to cry. omg, this thing deserves a law suit!!)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by jenx3989

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm in my late 30s, Asian with fine lines, dark circles and puffiness around my eyes. I had a facial done at Lancome in a department store and got my face and eyes treated with Genifique. I loved the effect of Genifique on my face, and the skin care specialist recommended I get the eye treatment too for my dark circles and puffiness. However, after several months of using Genifique on my eyes, it has done hardly anything noticeable. I think the dark circles have gradually become less dark, but it did nothing for puffiness. It is not the same type of texture as the Genifique facial serum at all. It was a waste of money and I would never buy it again. I got much better, faster results for puffiness using Vichy Aqualia Thermal Eye Roll-On within minutes!