September 17, 2014 | 1719 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Génifique Eye

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this in the morning as well as the evening for more than 2 months now. I actually prefer using it in the morning than for the evening as it doesn't hydrate enough for me. I have normal to dry skin and my eye area is even drier.

I'm not sure about the exact ingredients but I dare say it contains silicone. It basically has the same texture like the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, but this has a less oily touch. I have some small fine lines on my eye bag and apparently, they look less obvious with this eye cream on, which I suppose the lines are filled up by the silicones for the illusion. It doesn't work for my dark circles though I doubt if anything can diminish mine.

Also, for a gel cream with this texture, I think a pump or a tube will be nicer than a tub.

A really average eye cream to me, except that it can serve as a primer for me concealer in the morning. Most likely won't be re-purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Vikilu

I have almost finished one jar of this eye cream. I will not repurchase it for sure. It stings my eyes every time I use it. But it is such an expensive cream that I don't want to just throw it away. I have to use some hydrating serum before I use this eye cream so that I artificially create a barrier between this cream and my under eye area. It definitely doesn't provide any hydration for my eye area. After 4-5 hours, if I rub my eyes, there will be some dry white residuals sticking to my finger tips. The glass jar is heavy and bulky and totally unnecessary. I give it 3 stars because it is much easier to spread than other Lancome eye creams I have used before.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im 29 and have horrible dark circles, few fine lines and large puffiness. I bought this eye cream because of its ads that I would see the result in 7 days. When I applied it the first time, I felt a bit warm and burn, but just once only. The texture is gel creamy, it absorbs very well, doesnt leave any greasy trace and blend well with concealer or foundation. But it doesnt moisturize enough as my make up under eye areas is going to crease a bit after 1 hour. At the second day of using this cream, my eye lid did lift a bit, at day 7 I noticed that my eye areas look fresher, dark circles brightened a bit. But in the long term, just my puffiness has been reduced visibly, its almost gone 50%, I kid you not! Even my hubby noticed that difference and gave me compliments :)
IMP this eye cream works good for puffiness which is easiest to be treated, my fine lines and dark cirlces are almost the same. My jar is nearly gone after 6 months with twice a day of using, It does last long ladies! But I dont think I would repurchase it because of the alcohol was at the fifth in the ingredients list which means they put a lot of alcohol into this.I didnt notice that when I bought :( My eye areas skin is very fragile so I dont want to use an eye cream like that! After using a lot of high ends eye cream which gave me nothing good or just a so-so improvement. I think nothing can really reduce dark circles or lines, I would rather use a cheaper eye cream to moisturize and soothe my eye skin without too much alcohol or chemical. Ima buy Clarins Anti Puffiness and Dark Circle Eye gel which its ingredients sound good and so many reviews said that it moisturizes and refresh eye skin pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by TnaDG

i got a sample of this and used it continuously, 2x a day for 4 weeks. yup, that sample lasted that long. the cream absorbs really fast and it is light enough that applying it on my undereye area is very easy and smooth. no tugging there! i didnt notice any difference regarding my fine lines but there was a noticeable brightening of my undereye area. granted, i dont have dark circles but i noticed a remarkable bightening! that made me happy coz i really do not expect much from eye creams. bad side: it stings a wee bit sometimes, about 2x a week when i apply it, but its gone very quickly, so i dont really mind it. im going to purchase the full size coz i believe that this made a difference for me.
as an added info, im now using shiseido benefiance 24 eye cream and i found it to be too creamy for day wear. it takes soooo long for it to be absorbed. so, ill be using genefique in the am and shiseido at night. ill do a shiseido review once ive used it for a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a small jar of this from Sephora on points... I've always been happy with my all about eyes rich clinique cream and tried this a couple of times absentmindedly, in place of my regular eye cream. Suddenly, I was using it in place of my clinique eye cream... Again, not thinking anything of it. I've had no irritations and I've found it to be moisturizing and that was that. The past few days, however, I've been taking second glances at myself in the mirror after getting into work. My eyes appear brighter but, more importantly... is it possible that some of my wrinkles are gone?! I haven't even been LOOKING for wrinkle improvements (always figured that was a myth, that an eye cream couldn't possibly eliminate fine lines...)

I've been using it now for a bit less than a month. Will see if I continue noticing these improvements. If this continues, I will most certainly re-purchase when I run out of the sample-sized jar.

EDIT: I did re-purchase and my mom also gave me hers because she didn't like it anymore. Completely stopped using it; now I have 1 half empty and 1 completely full jar. I didn't find it to be hydrating enough after all, and then I had bags/wrinkles again... So it wasn't worth it. Back to Clinique all about eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didn't get a chance to use it long enough to talk about long term effects. It gave me milia in 1 week and went back to the store. For reference, i have extremely dry undereye area with dark circles and few fine lines. My skin is quite sensitive and I tend to get break outs from most Lancome products.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by meghab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely 100% hate this product! It's horrible. All I wanted was to get an eye cream that provide some basic hydration with maybe some anti-aging benefits and diminish dark circles. All I got was a very painful, very red, very dry, and very disgusting rash around my eyes. I only used the product once and sparingly!!!!! I'm so upset that after a week the rash still has not completely gone away. I have extremely sensitive skin, and anyone else who is also extremely sensitive should stay away.

Usually I check the ingredients on each product I put on my face because of my tendency to react to most products, but I got the cream in a free gift from Lancome. The sample didn't give ingredients (or at least not any I saw), and I just thought, "what the heck? I love Lancome cosmetics so they must make somewhat decent facial products." Big mistake on my part. After I reacted to the product, I looked it up on beautypedia.com, to see how they rated it, and I found out it contains alcohol and fragrance!! Two ingredients I would never put on my face let alone the more delicate eye area.

Clearly, I'm biased as I reacted to the eye cream; however, I really haven't heard anything really positive about it. I wouldn't waste my money on this at all! I still like Lancome cosmetics, but I would definitely second guess buying anything from their skincare line.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by pinkabvelvet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I have to say, I do not love this eye cream. For one it is extremely expensive and two, it doesn't work. The sales assistant recommended this to me as I have dark circles and I wanted to try and tackle the problem rather than caking on loads of concealer. However, after a few months use I don't feel they look any better, I wouldn't say they looked worse but for the money I would have definitely hoped for some sort of difference. I do feel that the texture of my under eyes has improved, probably due to them being more hydrated but you would probably be able to achieve this effect using a much cheaper moisturiser. Save your money and buy something else!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nov.12.2001 Update: I gave this eye-cream a few more try, and this still doesn't depuff or remove/lessen any fine lines. But during the harsh dry season, this eye-cream still provide some basic hydration for my under eye area. (Good for make up base!) The ingredient seem alright, putting alcohol denat is ten times better then putting 4 or 5 dangerous parabens like olay, christian dior and Arden does in their anti-aging product. I remember seeing EL's Advance Night repair serum using Bifida as well but unsure if Bifida work on topical product... A lot of people suffer from skin allergy from this product, well me and my bf both have sensitive, allergic skin but this eye-cream doesn't irritated us. I originally comment I "might" repurchase this product again, but for price of 80$CND I still think it should at least depuff and lessen fine lines, I will probably only recommend this product to people who have money and someone only need basic hydration for their skin. For people who want to try Genifique skincare series, definitely try Genifique Night Cream, now that's one awesome night cream which give me baby soft skin.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Alcohol Denat., Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polysilicone-11, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Ptfe, Methylsilanol/Silicate Crosspolymer, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Adenosine, Chlorphenesin, Polygonum Fagopyrum Extract / Polygonum Fagopyrum Seed Extract, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide / Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate / Steareth-8 Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Propylene Carbonate, Caramel, Disodium Edta, Citronellol, Fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by sexyann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received several small samples of this at the Lancome counter and gave them away to swappers. I only tried this twice. Both times, it stung really bad under my eyes. This is not for my thin, delicate, sensitive skin.