July 28, 2014 | 1791 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was a white color that could look chalky at times. The texture was average , not good or bad. I noticed some shimmer in the package , but it was not noticeable when I applied it. The packaging was bad.First of all the brush that came with it was too small .Then I had trouble opening it, and then it broke, and spilled all over the place.I used it to set my sunscreen, and it did a good job with that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

This powder was a complete fail for me. First of all, it's a glitter mess on your face! Like the foundation from the same line, it contains a bit of shimmer to give an 'illuminating' effect. This powder just makes it seem like you dumped glitter all over your face, it's ridiculous. I've used the liquid foundation before, and the shimmer didn't bother me much but the shimmer in this powder seems to be more visible. On top of that, it does NOT come off as a translucent powder .. it makes me look like a one-dimensional ghost .... On top of that, it does not set my foundation or control my oil at all. Once applied on my face, I look cakey and gross and I'll feel oily within an hour or so. The packaging is bulky and has unnecessary space .. not ideal for traveling and takes up too much space. Overall, I did not have a good experience with this and have nothing good to say about this powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is a bit disappointing. I don't know how this is supposed to work as s powder or a translucent powder because it neither does both. It barely controls shine and it doesn't make my makeup last longer nor does it even look good in photos because it's nothing but powder and glitters. Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, my skin tone is a "30" in Dior Hydarating Nude Foundation; that's a medium tan with warm yellow undertones. I find like many other reviewers that this powder does tend to make my skin appear lighter than it really is, though apparently not as dramatically as paler reviewers here. That did not bother me overly much, as I had been using a foundation with this that I purchased while more tanned, and I found it evened out the too dark foundation tone nicely. Still, if you are looking for a "translucent" powder, this is not it.
The formulation is chalky, and the packaging is crap. You really need your own soft kabuki or powder brush to put this on properly, the packaged brush is completely worthless. I had been misusing this as a setting powder, and it worked just fine in that regard, but in reality this is a finishing powder - like a cheap version of Guerlein Meteorites, or a comparison to Physician's Formula Pearls of Perfection, etc. It is not a foundation powder, not a setting powder, and not an oil absorbing powder. It's supposed to give you an illuminated look, otherwise known as "dewy" on the youthful, or "youthful" on the older. ;-) In all of these cases it is really important to have a good powder brush to apply properly, and to use a very light touch when putting it on as a last step powder over all your other "stuff." A lot of people complain about the sparkles; I really didn't notice a sparkle overkill going on, though it is definitely not a matte powder (and doesn't advertise itself as such). My one complaint about the shimmer - and I would call it shimmer rather than glitter or sparkle - is that the particles that are there could have been more finely milled. But I don't find the highlighting effect excessive at all, compared to the powder's much more obvious shortcomings: non transparency and chalky texture. I think if you find the sparkle in this product overwhelming, you may be putting it on too thickly.
These days for a transparent setting powder I have moved on to better things, but I would still keep this around for when I start losing my summer tan and don't want to switch up foundations. Not worth repurchasing, though - at this drugstore price, I would expect a better texture and packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by LisaPickford

This was one of the first translucent powders i have used. At first I really liked this product. I used a large powder brush and didn't find that it made me look too pale.

After a few weeks I noticed that my skin was looking grainy and you could see the powder marks. My skin was starting to look paler and definitely not flawless like its supposed to.

Pros;
- the packaging looks nice and has a mirror

Cons:
- the brush
- makes skin look pale

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually like this powder. It does nothing to control oil, so the 1st few times I used it, I wasn't happy. I got it out of stash recently because I'm breaking out very badly from a new BCP, and I wanted to see if it would do anything to smooth over the bumps. IT DOES! Makes my skin look much smoother. I don't notice any glitter at all, but I'm putting it only on the sides of my face and my jawline (where my breakouts are) and not on places like my nose, that catch a lot of light. So that might be the trick to this. Also, I'm extremely pale, so the "ghost" factor isn't an issue with me (I always look ghostly!). Overall, I'd say if you want to make your skin look smoother, give it a try. IMO, it works just as well, if not better for this than the Elf HD powder, and is much less drying.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by MoreThanAFeeling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes me look like a chalky ghost. It also contains huge chunks of glitter and dries out my skin making it look patchy. probably the worst powder i've ever tried. What were they thinking. I love the makeup but this is awful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
-Cute container - i actually really like the packaging

Cons:
-Horrible brush
-Translucent? More like ghostly...i am pale and this made me look like a white piece of paper
-GLITTER - sheen or dewy is okay but big chunks of glitter are awful
-Grates on skin
-Application is not smooth
-Drying and shows all dry skin patches

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Overall I think this is an okay product. It doesn't look too white and chalky on me personally, and I don't mind the shimmer, I don't find it TOO glittery. The little brush it comes with is useless, I use a fluffy powder brush to apply this. Probably wouldn't buy again, because I'm sure there are better and cheaper translucent powders out there, but I'll use it up :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by SiameseKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Surprised to read all the bad reviews for this powder. I discovered this a couple of years ago (when I could no longer find the Cornsilk Translucent compacts) and have been using it ever since. I apply it with a big fluffy powder brush over L'oreal's True Match liquid fondation (another winner!) It sets my makeup and keeps it looking flawless until I take it off at night.