Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

2.7

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Saccharomyces/Calcium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Potassium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethiconol, Methoxypropyl Gluconamide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Lecithin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Nereocystis Luetkeana Extract, Laminaria Japonica, Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77193/Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 8/11/2013 2:26:00 AM

Great product! Great value! I did not find this product to be too shimmery. It is lightweight and translucent. I have fair skin, so perhaps this is why it doesn't appear to have a white cast. It is worth a try!

on 2/1/2013 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I can't believe this product has gotten so many negative reviews! I've used it for a month or so now to set my liquid foundation & I find that it does a good job! The shimmer is barely, barely noticeable and hasn't bothered me at all. Like literally, I've looked at my face in a variety of lighting and have not seen "giant chunks of glitter" like some of these drama queens are saying ; )

Just now I was sitting here on my couch and looked over at the standing make-up mirror on the table next to me and noticed "WHEW!! I am SHINY!" This makes sense, as I applied my foundation and powder 10+ hours ago & there are time limits for any product. I plan on washing my face & redo-ing my makeup for the night in a couple hours but I still didn't want to be shiny right now, so I reached for my powder brush and this powder and applied 3 brush fulls to my T-zone and cheeks... and it mattified them! Impressively so! No more shine. And once again I do not notice the shimmer.

Also, my skin is pretty dark (biracial, NW30-35 depending on the season) and this powder does NOT make me ashy. If it does, you probably need to stop applying it like a foundation because it is a translucent powder! Use a large powder brush and apply 3-4 "puffs" around your face, blending well. It will not make you look ashy unless you fail. It keeps your foundation on well & mattifies your face.

The reason why I only gave it 4 lippies is because it is EXPENSIVE and I think I am going to try thebalm's Sexy Mama translucent powder (quality) or NYC powder (cheap& gets great reviews). Especially because while I don't really notice the shimmer in this powder, I would prefer to have one without I guess in case OTHERS are noticing it haha.

on 1/22/2013 7:23:00 PM

I really like this powder. It keeps all my makeup in place and it doesn't move unless I wash it off at the end of the day. People claimed this powder made them "chalky" or "shimmery", but that could be avoidable by not putting so much on. This products works without having to cake it on. Or buy the colored powder instead.
I made the same mistake when I first used this powder. I applied more than usual and I founded my face to be a ghost with glitter, but the next day I used a minimal amount with one-two sweeps with the powder on my face. Then I used a the same brush, tap most of the powder off and lightly go over my face again. My makeup stayed on all day. You don't need that much of this product.
I do have to agree that the product was hard to open. I also chipped by newly painted nails trying to open this thing. However, overall, this product makes me photoready, with a look of flawless smooth skin. Will buy again

on 1/12/2013 10:15:00 AM

The mirror on this compact is teeny tiny compared to the size of the packaging, and I found the powder to be less than average. It left a noticeable powdery film on my skin.

on 1/2/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Chalky, nasty brush, cheesy little mirror...and it broke me out. Ugh, into the trash you go.

I love the photo ready products, I love this product, and I don't find it shimmery at all, I find it to create a very natural skin finish really soft focus minimizes pores minimized the look of wrinles very innovative product, and really does work, and its a great powder for setting your makeup. I think the brush that it comes with (the tiny one) should not be there and they should replace it with a sponge aplicator instead of that tiny brush but no one uses those tiny brushes that come with the compact at all, so, that doesnt matter to me, i dont use that brush i use a different brush a big fluffy or my elf flat top brush, I have used this powder on a friend and she hates to wear makeup, and she loved it, it really softened her wrinkles it gave a soft focus look, and she liked this powder so much and the brush she wanted me to help her find it also cause it was so soft and nice, and this woman has a 50$ chanel blush brush, and a 50$ chanel blush and thats all she wears no foundation no powder no nothing besides that one blush, no lipstick even, and the fact that she liked that powder so much, and that she actually wanted me to buy it for her, and find it for her and also on my next ELF haul she wanted that flat top brush badly, so that sais a lot for someone who doesnt like makeup, She even let me do the rest of her makeup. Because of this powder this lady is in her 60's and this powder had an effect of toning down the look of wrinkles, soft focus effect and I personally wear it to set my makeup, and i use a big fluffy brush with it, or the flat top or kibuki, and i think its great i love REVLON PHOTO READY PRODUCTS, I LIKE THIS, I LIKE THE OTHER COLORED POWDERS I HAVE PALE SKIN I USE THE MEDIUM ONE BECAUSE I LIKE THAT YELLOW TONE MORE FOR MY PINKY TONE SKIN ITS FANTASTIC, I LOVE THE PHOTO READY PRIMERS THEY ARE AWESOME, AND I LOVE THE PHOTO READY CONCEALER OMG I LOVE THE PHOTO READY CONCEALER THE LIGHTEST SHADE WOW THAT REALLY GETS RID OF DARK CIRCLES BRIGHTENS THE EYES. I HAVE A POST ON MY BLOG ABOUT MY FAV REVLON PHOTO-READY STUFF, AND I LIKE THE PHOTO-READY FOUNDATION AND I NEVER BREAK OUT FROM THESE PRODUCTS AT ALL. LOVE PHOTO READY 5 STARS if it was 1-10 id give it a 10 a department store high end product in a drugstore. thats really what the photo ready line is.

on 10/25/2012 4:53:00 PM

I hate this powder! It is far too shimmery and just does not work. The only thing it is good for is putting it above my eyelid so my eyeliner stays off of there. Do yourself a favor and do not buy it. If you already have, take it back. It just does not work. The packaging is crap, the lid does not stay on. The brush that comes with it sheds. Overall, crap!

on 10/16/2012 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It was a white color that could look chalky at times. The texture was average , not good or bad. I noticed some shimmer in the package , but it was not noticeable when I applied it. The packaging was bad.First of all the brush that came with it was too small .Then I had trouble opening it, and then it broke, and spilled all over the place.I used it to set my sunscreen, and it did a good job with that.

on 10/12/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder was a complete fail for me. First of all, it's a glitter mess on your face! Like the foundation from the same line, it contains a bit of shimmer to give an 'illuminating' effect. This powder just makes it seem like you dumped glitter all over your face, it's ridiculous. I've used the liquid foundation before, and the shimmer didn't bother me much but the shimmer in this powder seems to be more visible. On top of that, it does NOT come off as a translucent powder .. it makes me look like a one-dimensional ghost .... On top of that, it does not set my foundation or control my oil at all. Once applied on my face, I look cakey and gross and I'll feel oily within an hour or so. The packaging is bulky and has unnecessary space .. not ideal for traveling and takes up too much space. Overall, I did not have a good experience with this and have nothing good to say about this powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This product is a bit disappointing. I don't know how this is supposed to work as s powder or a translucent powder because it neither does both. It barely controls shine and it doesn't make my makeup last longer nor does it even look good in photos because it's nothing but powder and glitters. Won't repurchase.