October 23, 2014 | 1292 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by oaivilo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this product has gotten so many negative reviews! I've used it for a month or so now to set my liquid foundation & I find that it does a good job! The shimmer is barely, barely noticeable and hasn't bothered me at all. Like literally, I've looked at my face in a variety of lighting and have not seen "giant chunks of glitter" like some of these drama queens are saying ; )

Just now I was sitting here on my couch and looked over at the standing make-up mirror on the table next to me and noticed "WHEW!! I am SHINY!" This makes sense, as I applied my foundation and powder 10+ hours ago & there are time limits for any product. I plan on washing my face & redo-ing my makeup for the night in a couple hours but I still didn't want to be shiny right now, so I reached for my powder brush and this powder and applied 3 brush fulls to my T-zone and cheeks... and it mattified them! Impressively so! No more shine. And once again I do not notice the shimmer.

Also, my skin is pretty dark (biracial, NW30-35 depending on the season) and this powder does NOT make me ashy. If it does, you probably need to stop applying it like a foundation because it is a translucent powder! Use a large powder brush and apply 3-4 "puffs" around your face, blending well. It will not make you look ashy unless you fail. It keeps your foundation on well & mattifies your face.

The reason why I only gave it 4 lippies is because it is EXPENSIVE and I think I am going to try thebalm's Sexy Mama translucent powder (quality) or NYC powder (cheap& gets great reviews). Especially because while I don't really notice the shimmer in this powder, I would prefer to have one without I guess in case OTHERS are noticing it haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

I really like this powder. It keeps all my makeup in place and it doesn't move unless I wash it off at the end of the day. People claimed this powder made them "chalky" or "shimmery", but that could be avoidable by not putting so much on. This products works without having to cake it on. Or buy the colored powder instead.
I made the same mistake when I first used this powder. I applied more than usual and I founded my face to be a ghost with glitter, but the next day I used a minimal amount with one-two sweeps with the powder on my face. Then I used a the same brush, tap most of the powder off and lightly go over my face again. My makeup stayed on all day. You don't need that much of this product.
I do have to agree that the product was hard to open. I also chipped by newly painted nails trying to open this thing. However, overall, this product makes me photoready, with a look of flawless smooth skin. Will buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Leslie5905

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The mirror on this compact is teeny tiny compared to the size of the packaging, and I found the powder to be less than average. It left a noticeable powdery film on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by pmangelo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chalky, nasty brush, cheesy little mirror...and it broke me out. Ugh, into the trash you go.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Everythingbeautynyc

I love the photo ready products, I love this product, and I don't find it shimmery at all, I find it to create a very natural skin finish really soft focus minimizes pores minimized the look of wrinles very innovative product, and really does work, and its a great powder for setting your makeup. I think the brush that it comes with (the tiny one) should not be there and they should replace it with a sponge aplicator instead of that tiny brush but no one uses those tiny brushes that come with the compact at all, so, that doesnt matter to me, i dont use that brush i use a different brush a big fluffy or my elf flat top brush, I have used this powder on a friend and she hates to wear makeup, and she loved it, it really softened her wrinkles it gave a soft focus look, and she liked this powder so much and the brush she wanted me to help her find it also cause it was so soft and nice, and this woman has a 50$ chanel blush brush, and a 50$ chanel blush and thats all she wears no foundation no powder no nothing besides that one blush, no lipstick even, and the fact that she liked that powder so much, and that she actually wanted me to buy it for her, and find it for her and also on my next ELF haul she wanted that flat top brush badly, so that sais a lot for someone who doesnt like makeup, She even let me do the rest of her makeup. Because of this powder this lady is in her 60's and this powder had an effect of toning down the look of wrinkles, soft focus effect and I personally wear it to set my makeup, and i use a big fluffy brush with it, or the flat top or kibuki, and i think its great i love REVLON PHOTO READY PRODUCTS, I LIKE THIS, I LIKE THE OTHER COLORED POWDERS I HAVE PALE SKIN I USE THE MEDIUM ONE BECAUSE I LIKE THAT YELLOW TONE MORE FOR MY PINKY TONE SKIN ITS FANTASTIC, I LOVE THE PHOTO READY PRIMERS THEY ARE AWESOME, AND I LOVE THE PHOTO READY CONCEALER OMG I LOVE THE PHOTO READY CONCEALER THE LIGHTEST SHADE WOW THAT REALLY GETS RID OF DARK CIRCLES BRIGHTENS THE EYES. I HAVE A POST ON MY BLOG ABOUT MY FAV REVLON PHOTO-READY STUFF, AND I LIKE THE PHOTO-READY FOUNDATION AND I NEVER BREAK OUT FROM THESE PRODUCTS AT ALL. LOVE PHOTO READY 5 STARS if it was 1-10 id give it a 10 a department store high end product in a drugstore. thats really what the photo ready line is.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by highschool101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this powder! It is far too shimmery and just does not work. The only thing it is good for is putting it above my eyelid so my eyeliner stays off of there. Do yourself a favor and do not buy it. If you already have, take it back. It just does not work. The packaging is crap, the lid does not stay on. The brush that comes with it sheds. Overall, crap!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was a white color that could look chalky at times. The texture was average , not good or bad. I noticed some shimmer in the package , but it was not noticeable when I applied it. The packaging was bad.First of all the brush that came with it was too small .Then I had trouble opening it, and then it broke, and spilled all over the place.I used it to set my sunscreen, and it did a good job with that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

This powder was a complete fail for me. First of all, it's a glitter mess on your face! Like the foundation from the same line, it contains a bit of shimmer to give an 'illuminating' effect. This powder just makes it seem like you dumped glitter all over your face, it's ridiculous. I've used the liquid foundation before, and the shimmer didn't bother me much but the shimmer in this powder seems to be more visible. On top of that, it does NOT come off as a translucent powder .. it makes me look like a one-dimensional ghost .... On top of that, it does not set my foundation or control my oil at all. Once applied on my face, I look cakey and gross and I'll feel oily within an hour or so. The packaging is bulky and has unnecessary space .. not ideal for traveling and takes up too much space. Overall, I did not have a good experience with this and have nothing good to say about this powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is a bit disappointing. I don't know how this is supposed to work as s powder or a translucent powder because it neither does both. It barely controls shine and it doesn't make my makeup last longer nor does it even look good in photos because it's nothing but powder and glitters. Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, my skin tone is a "30" in Dior Hydarating Nude Foundation; that's a medium tan with warm yellow undertones. I find like many other reviewers that this powder does tend to make my skin appear lighter than it really is, though apparently not as dramatically as paler reviewers here. That did not bother me overly much, as I had been using a foundation with this that I purchased while more tanned, and I found it evened out the too dark foundation tone nicely. Still, if you are looking for a "translucent" powder, this is not it.
The formulation is chalky, and the packaging is crap. You really need your own soft kabuki or powder brush to put this on properly, the packaged brush is completely worthless. I had been misusing this as a setting powder, and it worked just fine in that regard, but in reality this is a finishing powder - like a cheap version of Guerlein Meteorites, or a comparison to Physician's Formula Pearls of Perfection, etc. It is not a foundation powder, not a setting powder, and not an oil absorbing powder. It's supposed to give you an illuminated look, otherwise known as "dewy" on the youthful, or "youthful" on the older. ;-) In all of these cases it is really important to have a good powder brush to apply properly, and to use a very light touch when putting it on as a last step powder over all your other "stuff." A lot of people complain about the sparkles; I really didn't notice a sparkle overkill going on, though it is definitely not a matte powder (and doesn't advertise itself as such). My one complaint about the shimmer - and I would call it shimmer rather than glitter or sparkle - is that the particles that are there could have been more finely milled. But I don't find the highlighting effect excessive at all, compared to the powder's much more obvious shortcomings: non transparency and chalky texture. I think if you find the sparkle in this product overwhelming, you may be putting it on too thickly.
These days for a transparent setting powder I have moved on to better things, but I would still keep this around for when I start losing my summer tan and don't want to switch up foundations. Not worth repurchasing, though - at this drugstore price, I would expect a better texture and packaging.