November 21, 2014 | 1908 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I use this after oil cleansing to remove all the excess makeup and oil. My skin is dry this time of year and normally gel cleansers are hell on my skin. This does not dry my skin out at all, and I mean not even one flake of dry skin appears afterwards. I can often wait hours to use my night cream, and my skin feels comfortably clean. I think people are expecting it to give a thick foam, and you really don't want that. Most gel cleansers that foam make the surface of your skin alkaline, and that creates a party for bacteria. Since my skin is dry, I rarely breakout, but I do have to be careful of drying products. So far this is a drugstore gem.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've purchased this cleanser several times now and I do enjoy it how it makes my face feel. It's a nice gentle everyday cleanser (great as a morning cleanser). I found that after using just this for a while I started getting some clogged pores and blackheads around my nose. I definitely need to used a good facial scrub or cleansing mask a couple of times a week with this but I still like it.
It's not horrible but not the best at removing makeup so I found using wipes before cleaning with this felt much better as well.

UPDATE: I decided to purchase this again and give it another try because it was on sale. This time however, I've actually had to stop using it. I really don't care for the gel consistency, it doesn't lather enough for me and clogged my pored again and caused me to break out.
I don't recommend this face wash for acne prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was vacationing in Fiji so I bought this as a travel sized (50ml) bottle... I didn't want it to do anything like get rid of spots; I just wanted a refreshing wash to cool myself down in the morning (I'm from England so I'm not used to extreme heat!) and this did made me face feel so nice! Would definitely buy for my next vacation... I was breaking out but I think that was from the hot weather and I usually break out when it's really hot, I wouldn't use it here though, purely based on that my current cleanser helps with my acne, tones and meets the criteria for what I want! But definitely for my vacation I would

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, oily turning to combo as I age.

Simple's Wash Gel is sooooo basic (like 5 ingredients?) and not drying at all. Wet face, rub in palms to 'breakdown' the gel, and washy washy. LOVE.

Buh-bye Cetaphil and CeraVe for basic AM facial cleanser... I often play hooky from those two over the years, and was using Avene Cleanance/LRP Efflaclar/Acne.org cleanser etc etc... all too drying for the mornings (I thoroughly cleanse at night).

TIP: It's easy to decant from the regular sized bottle 150ml to the mini travel size 50ml (found mine in Walgreens). I like smaller bottles at my sink as well as travel. Remove the 50ml cap to get to the larger hole, and insert the 150ml (with cap) directly into the 50ml larger hole and squeeeeeze.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have combination oily t-zone/normal on the rest with dry flaky acne healing acne spots,in short,my skin is complicated. I was looking for a facial cleanser to use in the morning and this cleanser is pretty good. The texture is like a gel,if you ever try the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel the slippery texture is just like that. Also if I compare this to Cetaphil face cleanser or oily/combo skin,the Simple cleanser is a bit thicker. I won't be using this at night after I oil cleanse because I prefer a foamy cleanser for that. I alternate using this cleanser and the Cetaphil cleanser and I'm not sure which one I will repurchase once I'm done with both cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by strawberrycupcake123

HUGE FAN of this cleanser! I used to have combination skin, but tried so many different hard skincare products and makeup products that i turned my skin to be sensitive. I used to use the Neutrogena Grapefruit scrub, as i wanted gentle exfoliation, but that really made my skin go dry and sensitive from that point. Equally, foaming cleansers would leave my face dry, tight, red and itchy (im looking at you, Shiseido Pureness cleanser!). This stuff has a slimy texture, yes, and no it doesn't foam. But no one stops to think that while foaming may make cleansing easy, what type of chemicals are you putting in to your skin to achieve that?

Its just nonsense to use harsh chemicals for the sake of a little foam. If you use enough of this, it cleanses really well. Im sick of putting harsh chemicals on my skin. Half of the stuff we ingest and put on our skin could one day be proven to have some carcinogenic effect. Dont mean to be cynical :P I just love that this allows me to use one less harsh product on my skin when everything else we use in our makeup has so many ingredients in them. Excellent for sensitive skin, but a great way to take care of your skin even if it is not sensitive.

Already repurchased and the travel size is great for holidaying! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ncballerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this face wash at night for a few months now and I love it! It is very gentle to my skin and I love that it doesn't break me out. I have switched to other face washes but always find myself coming back to this one because it is so gentle! I have repurchased this and will continue to!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Riyana23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Loved it. Bought it two weeks back, and have to admit, it has already impressed me. Does not leave skin dry. Nothing fancy, but really does its job well.. :).. Would repurchase definitely..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few weeks, and am not very pleased with it. I'm always looking for fragrance free, soap free cleansers. This seemed right up my alley. As others have mentioned, it has a very odd slimy texture. Doesn't foam up easily, or rinse off quickly enough. I though I could get passed that since it doesn't make my skin red or too dry, but eventually I started noticing I was breaking out. I normally use an oil cleanser to take off my make up and then follow with this cleanser. That's fine, no problems because the oil cleanser gets everything off. But, on days where I wore no makeup, and just used this cleanser, I would swipe my face with toner after and it would still come off a little dirty. No wonder I was breaking out. I'm going back to my free & clear liquid cleanser. No soap, no fragrance, better texture, rinses clean, and it comes in a pump bottle. This ones going in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by cetoyant23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my HG face wash, & I hate to use those letters lightly, but I've repurchased this product so many times already I feel it's about time I share my love to the world. The main reason I bought this was to avoid the sodium laurel sulfate that's in just about everything. The texture is definitely slimy but it foams up quite nicely (I use a foaming net) and it cleans really well IMO. I find that it can be a bit drying at times (Fall/Winter) so I combine it with the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, I use them both on those silicone scrublets you can get with the L'oreal 360 cleansers. The whole combination & method has worked really well for me. I wear foundation on pretty much a daily basis, I use Pond's cold cream to emulsify the makeup & a makeup wipe to remove it, then I clean off the rest with this stuff. It works so I love it for that!

*June 2014* Edit: I've also mixed this with Pond's Luminous Clean Cream Cleanser, and the two make some of the bounciest creamy dense foam I've ever experienced with a foaming net :). Now that it's summer, I've mixed this with a bit of Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask(contains a little menthol that cools my skin) since my skin is now a little oily and it's hotter. Plus, I was breaking out from the stress of finals, work and just hot stupid weather, but this has been helping me out. Hope it helps someone else out there!! :D