Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

3.8

Water (aqua), cocamidopropyl betaine, propylene glycol, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, panthenol, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate.

on 7/4/2014 4:58:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

pros:
1)gentle!
2)doesn't make my face dry or oily after washing
3)cleans well
4)cheap
5)readily available
6)easy to lather

cons:
1)takes slightly longer than normal cleansers to wash off
2)the smell

i use this as my morning cleanser or when i am using my clarisonic. i think this will be my new go-to cleanser from now on.

Love this cleanser! I really like the gel consistency, and it is very creamy. It lathers up really well and feels so nice when you rub it onto your skin. I have pretty dry and sensitive skin, and it works amazingly for me. I was using the burt's bees deep cleansing cream (absolutely amazing, but I wanted to try something new). Both are amazing, and this is very good for a simple, everyday use.

on 3/17/2014 2:41:00 PM

I love this stuff! Finally found a face wash gentle enough for my Asian skin. Makes a nice soapy lather, not too foamy just right. Its removes all my makeup and dirty easily without me having to scrub like other products I've used. Its also super cheap. It contains no fragrance so it may put some people off. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in absolutely LOVE with this gel cleanser, I use this every night after removing makeup with my Maybellines clean express, ever morning I wake up and my acne looks better and better, I mean, I love this. the smell is just peachy (As in nothing bad kinda scentless which I like) and it has vitamins, I reccomend pairing this with clean express nightly and a moisturizer! love it!

on 2/17/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My mother purchased this for me out of nowhere:) I've been using this for 2 weeks now and I am in love with this product. I am so sensitive to many things, especially to the target brand UP gentle wash for sensitive skin lol. It removes the excess oils but not makeup completely. I use a wipe to remove the makeup at first then wash my face afterwards with this product. It leaves no residue. My skin feels refreshed every time I use it. I will totally buy another bottle as soon as this one runs out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this after oil cleansing to remove all the excess makeup and oil. My skin is dry this time of year and normally gel cleansers are hell on my skin. This does not dry my skin out at all, and I mean not even one flake of dry skin appears afterwards. I can often wait hours to use my night cream, and my skin feels comfortably clean. I think people are expecting it to give a thick foam, and you really don't want that. Most gel cleansers that foam make the surface of your skin alkaline, and that creates a party for bacteria. Since my skin is dry, I rarely breakout, but I do have to be careful of drying products. So far this is a drugstore gem.

on 1/12/2014 1:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've purchased this cleanser several times now and I do enjoy it how it makes my face feel. It's a nice gentle everyday cleanser (great as a morning cleanser). I found that after using just this for a while I started getting some clogged pores and blackheads around my nose. I definitely need to used a good facial scrub or cleansing mask a couple of times a week with this but I still like it.
It's not horrible but not the best at removing makeup so I found using wipes before cleaning with this felt much better as well.

UPDATE: I decided to purchase this again and give it another try because it was on sale. This time however, I've actually had to stop using it. I really don't care for the gel consistency, it doesn't lather enough for me and clogged my pored again and caused me to break out.
I don't recommend this face wash for acne prone skin.

on 1/2/2014 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was vacationing in Fiji so I bought this as a travel sized (50ml) bottle... I didn't want it to do anything like get rid of spots; I just wanted a refreshing wash to cool myself down in the morning (I'm from England so I'm not used to extreme heat!) and this did made me face feel so nice! Would definitely buy for my next vacation... I was breaking out but I think that was from the hot weather and I usually break out when it's really hot, I wouldn't use it here though, purely based on that my current cleanser helps with my acne, tones and meets the criteria for what I want! But definitely for my vacation I would

on 12/31/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, oily turning to combo as I age.

Simple's Wash Gel is sooooo basic (like 5 ingredients?) and not drying at all. Wet face, rub in palms to 'breakdown' the gel, and washy washy. LOVE.

Buh-bye Cetaphil and CeraVe for basic AM facial cleanser... I often play hooky from those two over the years, and was using Avene Cleanance/LRP Efflaclar/Acne.org cleanser etc etc... all too drying for the mornings (I thoroughly cleanse at night).

TIP: It's easy to decant from the regular sized bottle 150ml to the mini travel size 50ml (found mine in Walgreens). I like smaller bottles at my sink as well as travel. Remove the 50ml cap to get to the larger hole, and insert the 150ml (with cap) directly into the 50ml larger hole and squeeeeeze.

on 12/28/2013 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have combination oily t-zone/normal on the rest with dry flaky acne healing acne spots,in short,my skin is complicated. I was looking for a facial cleanser to use in the morning and this cleanser is pretty good. The texture is like a gel,if you ever try the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel the slippery texture is just like that. Also if I compare this to Cetaphil face cleanser or oily/combo skin,the Simple cleanser is a bit thicker. I won't be using this at night after I oil cleanse because I prefer a foamy cleanser for that. I alternate using this cleanser and the Cetaphil cleanser and I'm not sure which one I will repurchase once I'm done with both cleanser.