November 28, 2014 | 1468 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

With my skin being sensitive to anything and everything - extremely acne prone - dry in most areas and oily in some I always thought going high end with primers was the best solution but i have yet to find something that was decent enough to wear and at the same time not irritate my skin until I found this. It goes on very smooth & keeps my make up on for hours at work. It's the perfect balance. My only con is I don't like how it feels when it goes on your face I can't describe it but I can deal because it keeps my make up on - it makes it go on more smoother - I don't get extremely oily in my oily spots and it keeps my flakes at bay and the best of it all I've been using it for maybe a month now and it hasn't made me break out and usually when my skin doesn't like something it shows soon after. I would buy again but I'm still on the hunt for bigger and better but for now this is perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Merry_Dove

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my second tube of this. I use this primer over Neutrogena Anti Aging Moisturizer and it really smooths out (or give the illusion of smoothing out) all lines, wrinkles and pores. When this dries I use Boots No. 7 pink Illuminating Lotion and I have flawless skin. I get more compliments on my skin these days. Everybody thinks I am several years younger than I am. This works especially well in the summer when I have a nice tan. I will have to go back to using Almay Smart Shade Foundation in the winter but the primer I will continue to use everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by celestialjas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST... PRIMER... EVER!!!! In combo with my foundation (3-In-1 Outlast) ... I get multiple comments EVERY DAY on the "flawlessness" of my skin ... even from the MAC MU artists! (I used to wear MAC exclusively... but I had to break it to them my incredible face was from the drugstore... )

I gave up on primers after I used Sephora's Smashbox because it gave my horrifying cystic acne and honestly felt did nothing for my face...before Smashbox my face was pretty smooth, so I figured I didn't need it.

Having healed my acne and time passing, for whatever reason I decided to give it another go - and WOW this is literally the BEST primer I have ever seen, touched, wore...

APPLICATION: In a sort of quasi experiment, sometimes I try a pea-sized amount, and other times I will wear literally double that! What's a double pea size... ? A blueberry? A grape? Maybe that's too big. Not sure. Anyway! I know everyone's skin is different but for me, I can safely say doubling the pea-size is was makes the difference. I literally use one pea for my t-zone and another for my cheek/jaw/forehead area.

In other words, I apply it all over my face in a good amount. You can actually see an airbrush affect take over your face as you apply it!

SMOOTHING PROPERTIES: The primer definitely smooths - but I find the smoothing really affective when you use more of the product. Too little and you may as well not wear it. I definitely recommend letting it set before applying foundation. Like any good foundation should, it leaves my skin looking like as smooth as a baby's bottom, prevents oil (and my skin is uuuber oily), and I don't retouch my face at ALL other than for lip gloss! Leaves everything looking fresh!

HEALING PROPERTIES? Not only does it smooth and prevent shine, I feel for me it is also protective - I notice if I wear the primer for a week straight every day, my face gets smoother and smoother... less and less blemishes! I hope this is also true for someone else... it is a great benefit!

Excellent product and I hope they make it forever!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lyndcosta

I have made time to write a review for this product as it's the best thing EVER! It was my first time using a primer, and now it's become an indispensable part of my makeup routine. The key is to use a pea-size amount, spread it evenly all over your face, and WAIT 2 minutes before applying foundation, or it will feel greasy. My makeup lasts all day and I look so fresh even at the end of my working day. Highly recommend for normal/combination skin. Probably not suitable for oily skin but I could be wrong. TEN STARS!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ElizaW

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

To be honest, I have never before used a primer. Guess in my mind it was a lot of hype for something I didn't need and was tired of buying products that ended up in the trash due to empty promises via ad campaigns. However with age, your skin is going to change and I noticed no matter what foundation I used, my large pours showed up.

I found this at wally world (walmart) with a attached $2.00 off coupon and decided that the price was worth it to see if it helped.

As other reviewers stated, it leaves a velvet smooth finish to the skin and it does minimize the look of my pours. It doesn't erase them but they are much less noticeable which is a win-win in my book. I will keep this item in my makeup case.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by viri211

I absolutely love it! My combination skin has been a little dryer lately from acne products ive been using. I think it's a great primer for foundations that are too drying on the skin like show off pores on my nose and cheeks... & accentuate my imperfections. My Estee lauder double wear light & Clinique acne solution foundations did that, but not anymore :D This primer is an excellent base with these foundations because they go on much smoother. I will be using them more now. My skin looks so soft and the pores on my nose are hidden with this. I think it's great for the price because my Porefessional primer did the same thing smooth my skin but didn't last as long & costed much more. This product is definitely worth a try especially if u have dry skin or if your foundation is thicker consistency and clings to dry patches or imperfections on the face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

Love this junk, but couldn't Maybelline have sprung for the 1 oz ? I understand it has a whole lotta slip and all but still.. Anyways, my skin got super dry after too much benzoyl peroxide. Had to come up with a new regimine, but I found this by accident.

Beautypedia has the other "primer" (that skintone with the white swirly stuff) rated as best, so I just wanted to check it out, and there was one bottle left of this. I always try products in store if it's possible, and I fell in love immediately with how it glided over my skin, leaving my skin feeling like silk and satin and it blurred my imperfections (not like a 21 year old usually has any haha).

I've been having issues with Red Cheek Syndrome. It makes your face not match your neck. -_- But every time I apply this, my skintone evens out, which is funny because apparently it adds a youthful pinkness to skin ? Idk, all I know is I'm loving every second of this.

My regimine, day and night, to repair my dry skin, is first, apply an Estee Lauder serum. I then use an Aveeno ultra-calming moisturizer with spf 15. Next is Wei East's chestnut extra firming cream, which is just a good, thick, moisturizer, think vaseline but harder. And more golden. I think the yellow in it cancels out some of the redness in my face too. Anywho, after all that my face is shiny of course, so then I use Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind primer. Use it on your lips if you really wanna see it take out shine and make those lines a lot less noticable. This stuff works! And so does my routine. You always need to be getting that triple threat of antioxidants, moisturization, and protection. I like this a lot better than my acne-fighting routine. Plus, if I happen to have to go out, all I have to do is my hair, blend in some concealer over dark marks, apply mascara and go! Hell yes I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

Didn't like this for my skin made me feel greasy and makeup did not sit nicely on it unfortunately. My skin is combination slightly oily but not to much. I think this primer would b best for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this product, I hated it! I really did. I am not sure why, I think i just didn't give it a good chance. I have had it sitting for several months in my drawer and recently ran out of my regular primer and thought I should try to use it instead of adding to my collection of half used items.

Well, I am so glad I did! I have really oily skin and large pores and this actually has performed well for my skin. I do have to powder/blot at midday but that is not a big deal for me. What it does well is provide a nice, smooth, and even surface for my foundation and I think the pink tint really does add a nice sort of subtle glow (reminds me of Laura Gellar's tinted primers). My makeup overall, at the end of the day, looks good and is not sliding off like it does without primer.

I think it helps to create the so-called "flawless" look. I actually received two compliments on the two days this week that I wore it, specifically saying that my skin looked wonderful.

It comes in a pretty small tube but, like all primers, you don't need that much. I kind of like how petite the tube is. It is not bulky or cumbersome.

So, for the price and what it does, it is a great product. I would buy again and I am glad I gave it a second chance!! (PS: if you are having a hard time finding it, it is tucked in the permanent Maybelline display near the other Age Rewind products. It is so small, I hardly ever see it, so take your time and scan for it.)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't the greatest primer. It does give a nice finish to the skin and make makeup application easier, but it doesn't really make my makeup last much longer than usual. Save your dollars for something better.