April 16, 2014 | 1463 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by viri211

I absolutely love it! My combination skin has been a little dryer lately from acne products ive been using. I think it's a great primer for foundations that are too drying on the skin like show off pores on my nose and cheeks... & accentuate my imperfections. My Estee lauder double wear light & Clinique acne solution foundations did that, but not anymore :D This primer is an excellent base with these foundations because they go on much smoother. I will be using them more now. My skin looks so soft and the pores on my nose are hidden with this. I think it's great for the price because my Porefessional primer did the same thing smooth my skin but didn't last as long & costed much more. This product is definitely worth a try especially if u have dry skin or if your foundation is thicker consistency and clings to dry patches or imperfections on the face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

Love this junk, but couldn't Maybelline have sprung for the 1 oz ? I understand it has a whole lotta slip and all but still.. Anyways, my skin got super dry after too much benzoyl peroxide. Had to come up with a new regimine, but I found this by accident.

Beautypedia has the other "primer" (that skintone with the white swirly stuff) rated as best, so I just wanted to check it out, and there was one bottle left of this. I always try products in store if it's possible, and I fell in love immediately with how it glided over my skin, leaving my skin feeling like silk and satin and it blurred my imperfections (not like a 21 year old usually has any haha).

I've been having issues with Red Cheek Syndrome. It makes your face not match your neck. -_- But every time I apply this, my skintone evens out, which is funny because apparently it adds a youthful pinkness to skin ? Idk, all I know is I'm loving every second of this.

My regimine, day and night, to repair my dry skin, is first, apply an Estee Lauder serum. I then use an Aveeno ultra-calming moisturizer with spf 15. Next is Wei East's chestnut extra firming cream, which is just a good, thick, moisturizer, think vaseline but harder. And more golden. I think the yellow in it cancels out some of the redness in my face too. Anywho, after all that my face is shiny of course, so then I use Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind primer. Use it on your lips if you really wanna see it take out shine and make those lines a lot less noticable. This stuff works! And so does my routine. You always need to be getting that triple threat of antioxidants, moisturization, and protection. I like this a lot better than my acne-fighting routine. Plus, if I happen to have to go out, all I have to do is my hair, blend in some concealer over dark marks, apply mascara and go! Hell yes I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

Didn't like this for my skin made me feel greasy and makeup did not sit nicely on it unfortunately. My skin is combination slightly oily but not to much. I think this primer would b best for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this product, I hated it! I really did. I am not sure why, I think i just didn't give it a good chance. I have had it sitting for several months in my drawer and recently ran out of my regular primer and thought I should try to use it instead of adding to my collection of half used items.

Well, I am so glad I did! I have really oily skin and large pores and this actually has performed well for my skin. I do have to powder/blot at midday but that is not a big deal for me. What it does well is provide a nice, smooth, and even surface for my foundation and I think the pink tint really does add a nice sort of subtle glow (reminds me of Laura Gellar's tinted primers). My makeup overall, at the end of the day, looks good and is not sliding off like it does without primer.

I think it helps to create the so-called "flawless" look. I actually received two compliments on the two days this week that I wore it, specifically saying that my skin looked wonderful.

It comes in a pretty small tube but, like all primers, you don't need that much. I kind of like how petite the tube is. It is not bulky or cumbersome.

So, for the price and what it does, it is a great product. I would buy again and I am glad I gave it a second chance!! (PS: if you are having a hard time finding it, it is tucked in the permanent Maybelline display near the other Age Rewind products. It is so small, I hardly ever see it, so take your time and scan for it.)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't the greatest primer. It does give a nice finish to the skin and make makeup application easier, but it doesn't really make my makeup last much longer than usual. Save your dollars for something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by tpostell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin, and I really like this product for under foundation. I have not tried a ton of primers, but this has a really good price (purchased at drugstore.com for $5.99 recently) and it does what I need it to.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by soonermitzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff does a decent job of creating a smooth canvas for foundation. I always keep this around a,

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by rockmom66

Tried to save a couple bucks, as I was out of L'Oreal Studio Secrets Primer. Well it just doesnt compete with L'Oreal Primer. Cant really tell a difference after applying it, with the L'Oreal you seen instant results.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by arkindt

this seems like a dupe for smashbox because of the consistency, but don't be fooled, it's not. i read it was on a review. Ugh, no. It doesn't make my foundation go on any better. It just made my face soft...I wanted so much more than that. The search continues....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jackiii18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have repurchased this product 3 times now and it is definitely my HG primer! I have very dry skin in the winter so I have a lot of trouble getting my foundation to apply smoothly even after using a heavy moisturizer. This stuff makes my foundation go on so easily and last all day and it gives me a great glow, even when I use powder! I have hyperpigmentation in my skin and a lot of redness, and I don't find that the pink tint makes that any worse. Also, it does go on with a little bit of shimmer/sparkle but after applying foundation you can't see that at all. It also makes my makeup last all day! I think the longest I've had my makeup on with this was maybe 16 hours and it still looked flawless! I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin or for the summer months, but for dry skin this stuff is amazing!
***Packaging is also good because it's in a tube. Only problem is that a lot of the product gets stuck at the top. When I'm at the end I like to cut the top off so I can get to the product that's stuck. This usually gets me an extra 7days of primer!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No