Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

3.5

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisestearate, May contain: Cl 73360 Red, Cl 77492 Iron Oxides [May 13, 2010] SILICONE CITY

on 9/3/2014 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE this primer. love the way it goes on. i like silicone foundations. i use it over a moisturizer because it really doesn't moisturize but it makes my pores look soooo small and has a great blurring effect on the skin. Keep my makeup on and creates a great barrier between the face and makeup. I previously used Laura Mercier foundation primer and that stuff SUCKS. this is my new HG. works even better than revlon photoready perfecting primer without the ashy coloring.

on 5/30/2014 6:19:00 PM

I started using this product when I was younger and wasn't really supposed to be wearing makeup. This primer has actually been out for a few years now, I just realized its been out for awhile, lol. I was a huge makeup expert but nobody at that age was one either. I thought it was just some type of moisturizer and it lasted me until last year, which is a REALLY REALLY REALLY long time and I finally figured out what it was for. So the last 6 months I had of it, I fell in love with what it did to my skin. I know I am younger (18) and I don't have a lot of acne or wrinkles, but this just makes the pores that are noticeable disappear, it makes my makeup go on literally smooth and flawless, and my makeup stays on for the whole day. After I ran out, I didn't use a primer and I kind of forgot about this. I never was a huge foundation type of person, but I started wearing it and I really needed this primer again. So, I went to Target, and they were OUT. Like what?!!!? So I found Garnier's 5 Second Blur. It's not as great as the Age Rewind, but once I run out I will repurchase the Age Rewind primer.

on 5/30/2014 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This was alright, I mean it made my makeup stay on longer which is what it was supposed to do but I don't like the feeling of it on my skin. Also don't try to rub this is too much because it starts to accumulate and (how do you say this?) rolls of into little dry pieces of the product. Does that make sense? Didn't see any pore refining or wrinkle reducing. You need a lot of the product for one application so that is annoying because it runs out faster. It was alright for the price I paid which was $8 AUD at Chemist Warehouse (great place by the way) but I think it is like $16 AUD in a normal retailers.

on 3/31/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep trying to make this work for me.
I've used it in the past and it was just okay at best. I tried using it more recently (a month or two ago) and it still didn't impress me. Silicone primers don't do anything for me or my skin. The only thing they might do is give me acne.

I see no difference with or without this primer.

on 3/22/2014 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

okay i love how it makes your akin smooth but i wouldnt use it again... i have very very oily skin and it made my makeup slide off it do make the lines fade away but its not good for my skin.... smashbox the best primer

on 2/9/2014 12:24:00 PM

I was reluctant to try this primer, because I have very temperamental and breakout-prone skin. I haven't used a lot of products with silicone before either, so I wasn't sure what would happen. I can end up spending weeks recovering from one or two uses of a product my skin doesn't like. What prompted me to take the chance on this was that my daughter has been using the Baby Skin from Maybeline, which works really well for her, and for the most part they are very similar products. I tried some of hers before purchasing this and it had a funny smell and made my skin burn a little, so for anyone trying to decide between the two I would definitely recommend the Instant Age Rewind for older skin, it seems to be gentler than the other one. When I use this I do a pea-sized amount on a sponge, let it set for a minute and then follow up with foundation and concealer. As another reviewer said, keep it away from your eyes because it will cause your makeup to smear. I guess this is because it's silicone, but this primer does not soak in or anything and it stays feeling slippery all day. Because of that I was worried that my face would be oily or shiny after a while- before using this primer my nose would be super shiny after only a couple of hours. Surprisingly this did not happen at all. A couple of days I have even run out the door without setting my face with powder, and it has still remained shine-free all day. That's something that has never ever happened in the entire history of my face, so I'm ecstatic and just about ready to consider this my HG primer. The only thing that would keep me from saying that for sure is that it does not hide my pores or my fine lines as well as promised, even with medium to heavy foundation over it, so that was a little disappointing. Nevertheless, it really improves the overall appearance of my skin and doesn't break me out, so I give it 5 lippies overall and will definitely repurchase.

on 2/6/2014 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This felt really good on my skin, very silky and smooth and not heavy. But after several hours, my foundation began to "pill", especially around the eye area. Maybe it needs to be used with a different makeup or perhaps I should have let it settle, although the directions specifically said to apply before moisturizer and foundations.

on 11/14/2013 5:15:00 AM

Although I loved the way this primer went on, it was horrible on my skin. I broke out so horribly after using this product several months ago that I am still recovering from the damage it did to my skin :( my Esthetician told me that to avoid anti-aging ingredients on younger skin as the hydrating and oily nutrients give too much moisture to the skin causing breakouts. I'm 20 and while I am starting to notice a few wrinkles (damn those tanning bed days!) I'm sure there is a much more sensitive product out there that well give subtle anti-aging affects with this similar smooth finish

on 10/9/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

With my skin being sensitive to anything and everything - extremely acne prone - dry in most areas and oily in some I always thought going high end with primers was the best solution but i have yet to find something that was decent enough to wear and at the same time not irritate my skin until I found this. It goes on very smooth & keeps my make up on for hours at work. It's the perfect balance. My only con is I don't like how it feels when it goes on your face I can't describe it but I can deal because it keeps my make up on - it makes it go on more smoother - I don't get extremely oily in my oily spots and it keeps my flakes at bay and the best of it all I've been using it for maybe a month now and it hasn't made me break out and usually when my skin doesn't like something it shows soon after. I would buy again but I'm still on the hunt for bigger and better but for now this is perfect

on 7/20/2013 5:52:00 PM

I am on my second tube of this. I use this primer over Neutrogena Anti Aging Moisturizer and it really smooths out (or give the illusion of smoothing out) all lines, wrinkles and pores. When this dries I use Boots No. 7 pink Illuminating Lotion and I have flawless skin. I get more compliments on my skin these days. Everybody thinks I am several years younger than I am. This works especially well in the summer when I have a nice tan. I will have to go back to using Almay Smart Shade Foundation in the winter but the primer I will continue to use everyday!

Popular Primer/ Correctors