August 1, 2014 | 1853 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - MAC - Pro Eye Makeup Remover

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am using Latisse, so my lashes are quite long. I found several drugstore brand eye makeup remover inadequate, and wasted alot of money on the many brands I tried. I Went into the MAC store, cause I was at my wit's end. I bought this product. I found the little hole at the top of the bottle was slightly inadequate to produce enough MU remover on the cotton ball, but I can ignor that. If I apply enough product to the cotton ball, (sometimes it seems like it requires quite a bit, but possibly that's cause of the small hole), I find my mascara more or less is removed. Sometimes I can still see flakes of mascara on my lids. So, I gave packing quality a 3. I know most department st ore make up removers are over 16.00, and this didn't bother me. Sometimes, the MAC doesn't remove all of my waterproof eyeliner, which is irritating to me, and why I bought it in the first place. Afterall, the waterproof eyeliner is by MAC. It does one thing good, I like. If I happen to notice eyeliner it didn't remove from the night before, I can easily apply it to a q tip, and remove it. The thing is, for 18.00, it shouldn't leave any residue. But, I find that it does, just not nearly as bad as others. So, I'm not really pleased with this, and will try others, when I'm finished with this bottle. Some have given Clinique good ratings, and I've never used anything from the Clinique counter. I think I will.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 5:48:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually use Clinique's Take The Day Off Remover for Lids, Lashes, and Lips. I was at the MAC counter when I realized the bottle I had at home was nearly finished. On a whim, I asked the SA helping me if they had a good MU remover that wouldn't irritate my eyes. He showed me the Pro Eye Makeup Remover and told me that I could even use it while wearing my contacts, it was that gentle.

Because it was the same price as the Clinique one, I purchased a bottle along with my other goodies. I was very disappointed with the Pro. About ten seconds after using it, it stings my eyes slightly. It removes my eye mu okay, especially my eyeshadow but I feel like the bottle doesn't allow me to put a lot of the solution on the cotton ball without added effort. I have to make sure to scrub my eyelids very well even after using the Pro, because it doesn't always do the best job of taking off my mascara and eyeliner.

The first time I used it, I instantly thought about returning it to Macy's for a refund. I didn't have time to make it back out to the mall, however, so I've had to keep using this bottle. As soon as it runs out, I'm going back to Clinique for sure! It works like a charm, NEVER stings my eyes, and even has a lovely, soothing scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by RubyJuly89

I find this overpriced and it doesn't work as well as it should. I still have half of the bottle left and I only use it now when I make a small mistake because for some reason this tends to dry out my eye area. I find also that this doesn't do a very good job of removing long wear products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by biddi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this remover, I live the fact it's not oily and you don't need to rinse after. I actually have this on my makeup desk to fix boo boo's and the such and you can reapply makeup straight over the top, brilliant!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

im surprised to see all the negative reviews on this i think it does a great job removing makeup how ever the neutrogena make up remover does the exact same thing and i love the mac wipes (:

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

this did nothing for removing eye make up for me. took off my eye shadows but not my eye liner or mascara -_-'' the clinique one is better !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I too am really surprised by all the bad reviews. I really like this! I use the MAC cloths and Cleanse Off Oil as well, but for times when I just need to fix/remove my eye makeup, this is my go-to. I actually use this almost every day, since I wear a lot of mascara during the day. I find that it removes probably 99% of my eye makeup, even a heavy smoky eye, which is fantastic. It doesn't feel greasy or heavy, nor is it drying for my lids personally. A little bit does go a long way, although I do have a gripe with the actual opening under the lid being so small! It feels like it takes a lot of work to get something onto the cotton pad. I don't mind the lid and don't find it too clunky or hard to use. Overall this is a really great remover for my needs, and I will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by modmaja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a little surprised by the horrible reviews of this product. I wouldn't say that this removed every bit of make up for me, but I really don't think it did any worse a job than my last two make up removers--Philosophy's Just Release Me and the Sonia Kashuk Remove, which people seem to rave about. I will say that I don't wear waterproof mascara, so that would never be an issue for me.

There are a few reasons why I like this eye makeup remover and do plan to repurchase it. Number one is that the product itself doesn't leave any residue, and I don't experience it drying out my eyes like the last two. As it is not an oil/silicone based product I think it is much better for touch ups if you have made a mistake when applying your make up. I don't experience any stinging or burning at all, and I also really like that I'll be able to back to mac it in the end.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thankfully I got this as a sample bottle, because it stings and dries out my eyes so much that I have to put moisturizer on my lids! I wouldn't recommend this as it is tough on eyes! I shall now continue my search for the perfect eye makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I don't think this is very "pro." It does an average job of removing eye makeup, but nothing better than many drugstore makeup removers. It is very gentle on the eyes (my eyes, at least), it never stings or anything. The packaging could use improvement - it's a simple screw cap with a small hole in the bottle. I would not repurchase, but I will try to use it up so I can B2M the bottle (don't forget!).