April 19, 2014 | 1759 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Elsita72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The worse mascara I've ever tried... and the most expensive. Clumpy and lumpy to the point that If I apply it I have to quickly brush my eyelashes with my cheaper mascara to avoid tragic eyelashes...I would like my money back Dior...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by rosinalove11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was $39 CAD. I felt compelled to write this review because I specifically needed a very voluminous mascara that did not transfer between my lid and brows, and it did. I wanted this to work for me as I love the brush and the formula, but within two hours, there was a large black arc of mascara on my brow bone. I use a great deal of mascara at a time, which may contribute to my transfer problem. This may not be an issue if you do not have long lashes, but this was unusable for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by JenDance

I was not sure about buying this or the Dior Iconic mascara because I wanted length, volume, curl, drama *surely I am not asking for too much here (grins)* and so I went with the Extase but purchased the Dior Maximizer lash serum/primer with it. Together the two products look fabulous and the actual mascara containers are very nice. They were very expensive but it is Christian Dior and a HE MU brand so I suppose that was to be expected. £23 GBP for the Extase and £23 GBP for the Maximizer. After I applied the Maximizer the Extase gave volume and SERIOUS length BUT I did have some clumping, which was annoying. However, this was nothing that the Tweezerman lash comb could not sort out. A good mascara trick is to wriggle the mascara wand up through the lashes rather than coat it on the lashes, and this can help prevent clumping. I am happy with my purchase and it is a great mascara but the only reason I would not purchase it again is simply because I like to try new cosmetics each time something runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by mika20

I was wearing this when i met my boyfriend and now he says that the main thing that he remembered was how great my lashes looked :) I like the wet formula.Ive tried a lot of high end masceras and this is mine and my boyfriend's fave.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by AzariahH

Bought this twice but I wouldn't buy it again. It gets clumpy and like the YSL faux cils, it gets better as it starts to dry cause then it doesn't clump up. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by bellabaluba

I have straight stubborn Asian eye lashes that certainly need the extra "ompf". Unfortunately, this mascara does not quite do it.

As many Dior mascaras, this one also has a heavy formula. The first time I used it, I noticed that the formula is quite wet as well, making my lashes (after curling) to fall straight down. I stopped using it for a while, and after it dried a bit (all the Dior mascaras I have used seem to dry out quite fast), it is easier to handle.

But, I cannot make the mascara quite work for my advantage. But I think it is more the wand than the formula. I thought it was a shame to let this expensive mascara just dry out without using it. So I started to apply the mascara with an eye lash comb (a tip from gossmakeupartist on YouTube). When I apply it with the eye lash comb, it works quite well. It separates the lashes and I get a noticeable length. It can also build up to create more volume. So for me, the wand does not work at all. It is too big, leaves too much heavy mascara on the lashes and creates clumps.

I will not purchase this again, as it is too much of a hassle to make this mascara work for me. There are also other types of mascaras that work better on my straight and stubborn Asian eye lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by LauraDonskoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It gives a great volume and lenght, separates lashes, does not stain, does not flake off. Lashes look defined, bright. It could give some little more curve to be the perfect mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by lawlady88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product! I saw it on a friend and looked at it longingly in Sephora for awhile before buying it. After using it awhile....

Meh! It's a decent primer. I don't think it does a whole lot of good. The saleswoman said she put it on at night to condition her lashes. However, I figured at that price I really wasn't looking for an eyelash conditioner, and was looking for a great mascara primer. Maybe it makes my mascara stay on longer? Maybe it makes my lashes a tad more volumized?

I'm certainly not as blown away as I'd hoped to be for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Kolimasmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best mascara ever. I've gone through four already.

Easy to build up to get that dramatic effect, lifts eye lashes and holds the curl, never gives me panda eyes unlike Dior New Look mascara. Doesn't flake even after long time.

I DO think application requires skills, hence the negative reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by GoodyGoody

The only thing I didn't like about it, that there is too much mascara left on the brush when you pull it out. The consultant advised to wipe the brush with a tissue every time I use it, but I pay for a high end product to not waste it like that.
Anyway the mascara does what it promises. You can try it to find out if it works for you. For my long and very thin lashes it wasn't the best as it glued a few lashes together in a sort of bunches.