December 19, 2014 | 1581 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Sugarbomb

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was a wonderful gift. A beautiful, slightly peachy(er) Nars Luster which provides a beautiful glow. It wears wonderfully, looks dewy, and is super buildable but impossible to over do. It doesn't provide insane color payoff which is fine by me. Being made up of four different colors, swatched on their own seem rather unimpressive. I thought in a crunch they would possibly work as eyeshadows as well but I was wrong. I could see this working on darker skin tones as a gorgeous highlighter too!

The brush is nice, despite the fact I am not huge on the cardboard packaging. I typically have no qualms about price but I find it steep for a product without the pigment or packaging I would anticipate. What is stopping me from investing in Dior or YSL blushes after all? And it is bulky, but I wouldn't dare try to depot it. So all in all it's a gorgeous blush, I like it very much, but the packaging and lack of pigment are a bit disappointing. Wouldn't repurchase, but it's nice to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Yvienne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this when I needed to add color to my pale complexion and it gave me a natural glow to my face. The first thing I noticed was the smell. It smells sweet, almost sugary. It has a subtle hint of shimmer, but nothing too noticeable. The colors in the pan include pink, dark pink, orange, and purple, but applies like a peachy-pink shade. The color is subtle, but looks very natural. It flatters my neutral skin tone and could be universally flattering to any skin tone. The price is a little hard to agree with, but it is a good blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Mimichat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hmmm. I can't say this is a bad product, but I don't really like it. When I bought it, I was quite satisfied, but I quickly get tired of it. The thing is, I don't think it really shows up on the skin. I would like it to be an everyday blush or a natural looking blush for summer because of the light peachy pink colour all four shades together provides, but it is WAY too shimmery for me. I like my makeup to look natural but definitely noticeable since I'm like a natural girly girl (if that makes any sense). But this blush on my medium-fair skin tone, with the rest of makeup, make my face look like a disco ball (now try to imagine that in sunshine light...) and in a certain way looked too hmm... childish?! If that makes sense as well. And I'm quite sad cause the colour, even if it's a little too light for me hindsight, seemed so gorgeous! I also liked the durable box packaging of Benefit's blush - but I don't use the original brush - and the amount of product it contains (because it can be pricey) so it really is the product that didn't get me. I guess it's the kind of product that you either totally love or hate. Maybe it would be a better highlighter than a blush... Or would be better on more fair skin tones. But don't get me wrong, it is not a terrible product, it is just not for me (I know quite a few love it).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I got this in a benefit kit, and it's not one I would've picked out on my own. I love the packaging of these. The peachy colour looks pretty natural and gives a bit of a glow to the face. I didn't love this at first, but now I'm realizing it's the perfect blush for fall. It's subtle (you have to build it up on your brush a bit) and it doesn't clash with my bright / deep lipsticks like a bright pink blush would.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sugarbomb is my FAVOURITE box o' powder, and I have them all except for Thrrrob. The pros is that the texture is incredibly smooth and finely milled. For me, texture is very important and dictates whether or not I really enjoy applying my makeup. This goes on sooo smoothly with a soft brush. No buffing, tugging or over-blending needed. It just glides onto the skin perfectly. It has light-medium pigmentation so yes, you have to build it on. I was surprised when I saw the first glimpse of the pan so quickly (within 6 months, alongside use of other blushes). However I love the cool-toned mauve-pink shade it gives me (I'm NC20). And I will DEFINITELY repurchase this when I run out. I have not found anything else like it amongst my 15+ blushes. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by YassAndin

When I saw Sugarbomb at Sephora, I thought the colours were adorable. It has a subtle shimmer to it, and it comes with 4 different shades which I liked. So I went ahead and got it. I tried it on the next day, and I thought it was great. I liked how it looks on my skin because it makes it look like a natural flush. It has a coral-y shade and on my yellow undertones it looks really good. However, it didn't last that long on me. I checked my makeup a little after noon and it was gone. I had to reapply about 2-3 times during the day. Overall, I think the product is pretty good, but for this price tag, I don't think I'm going to be repurchasing it again. Don't get me wrong, because I'm going to use up this product until I'm completely done with it. I just think that you can find much better blushes for the same or even less price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ava1910

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This gives a nice glow to the face but doesn't stay on my oily skin too long. It goes on very light.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Henab

Really like this, adds a nice glow to the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by lcarr7uk

Great blusher, gives you a coral glow but very natural. Price is very good as i wear this everyday and its already lasted me 11months with atleast another left! i have also used it as eyeshadow to highlight under my brow or to compliment other eyeshadows. The best of Benefits blushers!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by surrealreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love several of BeneFit's blush boxes, but for the life of me.... I can't figure out who is using Sugarbomb. And for WHAT???

About Me: Fair with warm yellow undertones (about an NC18 right now, only quite a bit more yellow toned).Hazel eyes that look blue in daylight. Natural brunette currently dyed aubergine purple with a lot of deep red and copper highlights.

Color: Has four individual colors, but really... that's just for looks. The triangles are too small to use with a blush brush (unless you have a small blush brush and you're really determined for some reason). So, blended together it's a pale peachy pink. It's semi-sheer, but somewhat buildable.

Finish: Similar to BeneFit's Coralista. More shimmery than MAC's satin blushes, but less shimmery than MAC's sheertone shimmer blushes or their frost blushes.

Texture: Perhaps not quite as soft or buttery as I'd like it to be (Coralista is a little better in that respect), but it's still pretty nice. Blends easily. No issues with the texture really :)

Wear Length: 5 hours with regular application (over foundation and setting powder with nothing on top of it). 8 hours with a light spritz of water or finishing spray on top.

Comparison: Based only on color and finish... not on texture/wear length.
BeneFit Coralista is darker and warmer toned.
MAC Dainty is darker and cooler toned.
NARS Deep Throat is considerably darker and just a tad cooler toned.
MAC Fleurry is very similar in tone, but darker and a little more shimmery.
MAC Redhead MSF (all colors swatched together) is a touch cooler toned (with more beige, less peach) and far more shimmery.
MAC By Candlelight MSF is a touch cooler toned (with more pink, less peach) and far more shimmery.

Packaging: I've never really cared for cardboard packaging. It just never lasts as long as plastic (especially if it accidentally gets wet). I think the style of these boxes is better than most cardboard packaging though.... they don't look high-end, but at least they don't look cheesy. The old style had a lid that lifted off with no mirror. The new style has a flip top lid with a mirror.... and less product. It's really no big deal though since the new style still gives you quite a lot of product.

Scent: All of BeneFit's blush boxes are scented and none of them seam to be the same. Subarbomb's scent is the sort of fragrance that I have trouble identifying.... it's sweet (but not vanilla/gourmand sweet), a little fruity, and a little floral. It's just such a perfumy/fake scent that it smells nothing like whatever it's supposed to smell like actually smells in real life. Still though... I find it kind of pleasant (and even if I didn't... it's going on my cheeks, so who cares). Those with sensitive skin might want to try before buying though.

OK.... so, the texture is fine, the wear length is fine.... why the one lippie rating? Well... when I tried it on, I couldn't even see it. As a general rule, you need to able to see blush (at least a little bit) for it to be deemed useful, so this is useless as a blush.... and I have fair skin (NC18ish). So, I'm wondering who on earth is using this as a blush? I suppose someone who's NC/NW 10 or above might be able to, but I'm not even sure about that. However, if it had less shimmer, it would probably work as a very subtle blush. I say that because it is a shade darker than my skintone, so theoretically it should add color, but the shimmer totally counteracts that (you know what I'm saying... if you have two eyeshadows of the same color, but one is shimmery and one isn't, the shimmery one will always appear lighter because it's reflecting light).

Even though it's less shimmery than even the most subtle highlighter I own, I decided to try using it that way. But again... it just blended into my skin. If it were lighter, it would probably kinda work.... but I doubt I'd like it (I find that pale highlighters with little shimmer just look ashy... even on my fair skin). What it really needs to be an effective highlighter for my skintone is a little more shimmer.

I then tried it on a few of my friends with darker skintones, thinking perhaps it'd work as a highlighter on them. I guess it kinda did... but I didn't particularly like the way it looked.
On my NW25ish friend, it was still a little too dark/not shimmery enough to really show up as a highlighter.
On my NC40ish friend, it was ok... and I stress ok. It showed up, but it looked a little ashy because of the lack of shimmer.
On my NC55ish friend, it looked very ashy and really unnatural.

Bottom Line: Clearly I'm missing something here 'cause a lot of people seam to love this.... but I just don't see why. Too light for most people to use as a blush. Not quite reflective enough for most people to use as a highlighter. It's just a weird in between area that I find completely useless.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No