E.L.F. All Over Color Stick in Spotlight

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Octyl Isopalmitate, Ceresin Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Sorbitol, Mica MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Red No.6 Lake (Cl 15850), Red No.22 Lake (Cl 45380)

Liked it at first, then made me break out. It has quite a cheap smell too.

i love the brightness of this shimmer stick! it's perfect for the spotlight look that i want when i go out at night. it is a great cheekbone highlighter and for such a low price! i have a lot of highlighters and there is no reason to buy an expensive one when this product exists in a wide range of colors :)

on 5/3/2011 4:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have this in Spotlight and Persimmon and I love both. It has a strange fruity candy scent but I like it lol. It's nice as a highlighter or shadow base. For one dollar even better...the packaging is really cheap and flimsy, but so what? It works. I first bought Persimmon and then Spotlight later on, so obviously I would repurchase : )

on 2/11/2011 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I spread this along my cheekbones and brow bones then put my highlight powder over the top and that way my face stays highlighted throughout the day.

I did this for the first time for my graduation ceremony and it looked great in the pictures too.

Even though I'm a dark nc43 skintone this doesn't look too white on me because I apply a streak and that blend with my fingers, very easy to blend as its creamy. So I can wear it alone and'or with highlight powder over the top. Just got to remember to apply a bit then blend blend blend.

on 12/20/2010 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this to highlight my tear ducts and it works great! Just a little dab and it brightens up my whole eye. But it doesn't really show up that well on my cheeks for some reason..so I ordered the facial whip in lilac petal since I read it is a dupe for benefit's high beam.
On the plus side, it's not greasy at all and it doesn't break me out so no complaints there. I got it for 50 cents, which is an incredibly reasonable price and will probably last me forever.

on 12/9/2010 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Lovely highlighter. Blends smoothly. I put a dab on the tops of my cheekbones towards my temples, and it catches the light beautifully. I think I like it better than High Beam. It is very pale, and so will probably only suit fair complexions.

One caveat: it is not an all-over color at all. Lisa Eldridge on youtube does a FANTASTIC tutorial on highlighters used in a subtle way, if you need help on how to use them.

on 10/27/2010 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know why theres so many bad reviews! I absolutely love this product. Its very easy to blend with your fingers and it gives soooo much definition to your face! I wore it before I got pictures taken, and it made my skin glow, the white base makes it easy to pick up on camera, and since there isn't a lot of shimmer, your face glows with the flash, but doesn't look greasy.

on 9/25/2010 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

spotlight: great highlight colour with very little shimmer. The packaging looks cheap. I prefer this over the shimmering whip in spotlight. Much easier to blend, but I don't think I'll repurchase because I prefer powders. It may serve as a good base though for a powder highlight.
I love the way it smells. Sugar orange.

on 7/17/2010 7:59:00 PM

Very disappointing. When I received this in the mail, I thought they had accidentally sent me a foundation stick instead of a highlighter. When I swatched it on my hand, the color was a semi-opaque white with no shimmer or "glow". I can't see this working well as a highlighter unless someone is very very pale or someone wants an exaggerated highlighting effect for costume makeup. I haven't tried it as an e/s base but it seems too greasy to adhere onto oily lids. If you want a highlighter from ELF, try their studio blush in "luminous" or shimmering facial whip in "spotlight". They're head and shoulders better than the all-over color stick.

on 6/11/2010 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Um....this is a highlighter?? I don't know about everyone else, but on my NC 25 skin this just looked like a pure white opaque concealer.....nasty. It doesnt even have shimmer to it. I am really diappointed in this but only paid 50 cents so not a big loss. I find all elf products quite standard of anything you would buy at a dollar store....perfect for little kids, thats about it.