Nivea Lip Care

cera microcristallina, hydrogenated polydecene, cetyl palmitate, ricinus communis, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, ethylhexyl triazone, myristyl myristate, octyldodecanol, synthetic wax, titanium dioxide, cetaryl alcohol, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, c20-40 alkyl stearate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, cera carnauba, butyrospermum parkii, simmondsia chinensis, tocopheryl acetate, diethylhexyl butamido triazone, cera alba, polyglyceryl-2 dipolyhydroxystearate, trimethoxycaprylylsilane, limonene, linalool, benzyl benzoate, citral, parfum, ci 19140

on 7/9/2012 2:47:00 PM

I had been using carmex for ages and somehow my lips became immune to it so I decided to go back to this. I use the blue tube and I have to say I really like it:) I like that it's in a tube so there's no mess , it's cheap , easy to throw on and very readily available. My only problem is that you have to re-apply it a lot during the day which can be a bit of a nuisance but it's the only drawback :) love it <3

I have only tried 2 types, the original, and the Pearl one. This original one does not last long at all. Whenever I put it on my lips, 1 minute later, the skin on my lips start shredding off. I always have to re apply. It's horrrrrible. The pearl one has a nice shimmer to it if you want to do a barbie sort of look. But it is so drying. If you apply the pearl one, you would have to apply some sort of clear lip product like vasaline over it. And the smell is horrible too. Don't buy either of them. I'm not sure about the others but I will soon review them if i dare buy them.

on 10/4/2011 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'ved use the Strawberry, Pearl and Hydro, and my favorite is Hydro! Strawberry's scent was really nice but it turned my lips quite red. Pearl was....I abandoned it after 1 use..it turned my lips frosty white! Imagine how that looks with my naturally tanned skin. Hydro was really hydrating and it has a nice subtle scent.
My one often problem with lip balms is the taste. If I eat after I put on lip balm, the waxy plastic taste makes me gag. I'ved tried many from drug stores, ones that cost 99cents to $6.99 and this one, this around $2-3 doesn't have any taste at all!
I read some people didn't like the fat stick of this balm, but I prefer it because one quite swipe my lips are covered! However, I do have big lips, so I can imagine this could be a problem for people with thin lips.
I also use Body Shop Vitamin E lip balm, but I keep this around so I won't be too upset if I lose it.

on 5/10/2011 3:55:00 AM

Nivea lip balms never nourish & moisturise my lips. This one did just that - felt like putting wax on my dry lips. And my lips tingled/burned like crazy with this also. Dud.

on 4/28/2011 11:14:00 AM

This is THE best lip balm I have ever used and I ve used everything under the store. It made my constantly chaffing and peeling lips, so soft and hydrated. I actually think it also improved the color of my lips. I dont really like the tinted ones cause i prefer sheer lip balms and then apply my lipgloss on it. Although just the sheer ones also have a nice texture to them and if you are going for the natural look, it looks good by itself too. I use the Honey one before bed and during the day I use the Hydration and Moisture one since they have some SPF. The packaging is like most lip balms where it rolls out. I dont like the lip balms where you have to stick ur finger into the pan and apply it to lips. I feel like you take all germs from hands and first leave them in the lip balm and then apply them to your mouth. So the packaging works. When you start using the balm initially, it might feel a little hard but just a couple of uses will soften it (Thats what she said right!)

But yes an excellent product, will not ever stop using it :)

on 4/25/2011 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This does not moisturize what's so ever. Never mind, I lied. It only works for about a minute and it slips right off without touching or annything. This is horrible. Stay to the orginal-vaseline is always the best way to go..

on 4/25/2011 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Lucas Pawpaw's much better - unlike this, which dries my lips out after repeated use.

Well, I have the dark blue one, and I think it's basically OK. But you have to re-apply this lots of times since it comes off easily. And if you don't use it for like, half an hour, your lips will be dry like they never use lip balms before. Oh, well.

on 3/6/2011 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

it works decently and it's cheap.

on 3/6/2011 1:07:00 AM

Really wanted to like this, considering I got it free with a coupon and a sale. But it's really not good. In my opinion, lip balms do one of two things: moisturize the lips, or coat the lips with a moisturized feeling that doesn't ACTUALLY moisturize. This is definitely the latter. Not good, waxy, leaves my lips dry and wanting more. I'll stick with Jack Black, my HG lip balm.