Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream - Intensive Daily Moisturizer for Face SPF 15

4.2

on 7/28/2011 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best moistuizer i have ever tried (and I've tried lots of them) I've used up at least 6 tubes since this is the only moisturizer that is hydrating, soothing, calming and softens my skin enough in the winter. It has a lovely herbal smell to it, the cream is pretty thick so one tube won't last me for too long but its worth every penny. In the summer this is to heavy for me but for all of you with really dry and sensitive skin in cold climates (I live in Sweden...) this is a real saviour! Love this to death!

on 7/25/2011 5:23:00 PM

I love this cream! I have really sensitive/dry skin, but still suffer the occasional spot or two (being 19 years old). When I first started using this product, my forehead was sore and spotty. A week in, the spots have cleared and healed! I hadn't been able to use spot cream (it's too harsh) so was just using sudocreme. My skin has improved miles and i'm sure it's because of this cream! I've bought the skin protectant to add to my Elizabeth Arden collection..and have always been a fan of the 2 in 1 cleanser/toner.
I gave the price a 4 because it is expensive for a poor student like me, but it's certainly worth the money!

on 7/24/2011 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the smell. The scent is similar to its 8 Hour Cram Skin Protectant but added a little lemon scent.
It absorbs easily and blends into my dry skin very fast.Good to work as a makeup base.
Overall, I would say it is just a normal moisturizer with SPF15. Gentle for sensitive skin. Nothing special or impressive. Also I do find it is not moisture enough for my dry skin.

on 7/24/2011 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use it for a month like a day cream. It's very hard to spread it on my face and after every application I can feel that the cream has no soothing efect at all. Everytime I smile I can feel that I have a mask on my face. Smell is not so strong but after few days a little annoying. Price is little high, packaging is nice. I won't buy it again.

on 2/22/2011 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

So it smells a bit like a dinner, who cares?! I bought some in the duty free five months ago, and i'm still not even halfway through it last so long! I have incredibly dry skin, and was at the end of my tether until this was reccommended to me. It's not the cheapest option available, but it last so long it should be considered an investment piece, the same as you would with good quality make up brushes eg Mac - it pays for itself when you see how good the results are. It's not oily, i love theSPF, and it can even be used as a base for foundation in place of a primer. Cannot sing the praises of this highly enough.

on 2/7/2011 7:50:00 AM

I was having trouble with mega dry skin when I was using an acne cream called Quinoderm, so I bought this as a quick fix treatment and it really did work at ridding the dry skin - without causing spots. I love the fact that it's got an spf15 in it which is ok for the winter, but I would recommend a higher factor in warmer weather:)

on 2/3/2011 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I like this cream in general. So far, I only use it in winter (and at night I use Nivea Creme - yes it's brilliant. Check the reviews). It absorbs well into my skin and doesn't cause any breakout which I tend to get. I have a combination skin and in winter my U-zone gets so dry while my T-zone is okay (in summer it is so oily though). It is a good face moisturizer with sunscreen protection (Iím too lazy to apply sunscreen after the cream. I like to do it in one go). The smell is classic and my husband actually likes it (but he tends to like old, retro, classic stuff). It is a bit expensive but not that much compared to other cream which doesn't work that well with my skin (many cream actually irritates my skin and makes it very dry. I always have problems finding one that doesn't have a side effect).

on 10/23/2010 12:44:00 PM

So far, i am actually rather liking this moisturiser. It does exactly what it claims to do. My skin is even and lovey and soft. Yes, i agree that it's scent is a little strong but it does die down after a little while. My fiance wouldn't agree. He says i smell like an old lady after i apply it and it tastes horrible. Between you and i, none of us will be licking our own faces, so we won't suffer. However, i took one lippy off for the taste.

on 10/20/2010 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG day cream: It's super emollient and moisturizing, but it feels soft rather than greasy. It goes on smooth and sinks in quick without feeling like you need to reapply. It makes my skin soft, clear and seems to take years off in a few seconds (And I'm 24 with good skin, so that's saying something).

I was afraid that it would be too heavy for me in the summer, and maybe break me out (I have dry skin around my nose and mouth, normal in the cheeks and forehead, but I tend to get oily and break out along my hair/jawline) - but instead it seemed to calm my skin and prevent breakouts. I use it all year round now, and I have yet to find any other that works as well for me.

on 11/30/2009 2:40:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this face moisturizer. I am not impressed. It has the same scent as the classic eight hour cream, which in my opinion is way too scented for a face moisturizer. However, it does feel moisturizing.

All in all this is a below average face moisturizer. Since the fragrance is so strong I would never buy this in full size. Sorry Elizabeth Arden! continued >>