October 30, 2014 | 1563 users online

Skincare - Face - NOW Sweet 100% Pure Almond Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice little multitasking oil. I bought it to mix in with a clay powder mask to make it less drying, but I use it for all kinds of things. It's simple and mild and never gives me a bad reaction. My various uses for it: a nighttime hair mask, treating under eye dryness and circles, troublesome flaky or dry spots, mixing in a basin of hot water to soak my feet in or just slathering on my feet to moisturize, rubbing into my cuticles, or just using in place of a lotion on areas like my arm or legs. I'll keep buying it because it's very useful and incredibly affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by mango700

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My cheeks are really dry, due to hormonal imbalance---while my forehead and chin are oily. So frustrating I can't even explain it. Every kind of moisturizer breaks me out. Only neutrogena night cream from their ageless essentials line seems to do ok. Overtime I'll still get a pimple or two, but I can live with it. Even though this is a great moisturizer, it's not enough. My cheeks are extremely dry, itchy and feel like sand paper. I'm scared to death of aging prematurely and needed something asap.

Coconut oil and other oils made me break out pretty bad, so I gave up on oils thinking they were too heavy and pore blocking...until Sweet almond oil. Read all the reviews and articles online and tried it. I am so shocked at how well my skin absorbed it and it didn't break me out----if anything it helped dry up the zits I already had. AMAZING STUFF and to me there's no smell. Give it a try! I now put a few drops in my facial moisturizer as well and my skin looks so revived & irritation is gone. Next I'm going to use it in my hair. They say it promotes hair growth and helps decrease split ends.

This is my staple. It's inexpensive and I'll never be without it. I was skeptical about the NOW brand, but it's very good. You get a lot for your money and it's one of the least expensive brands of sweet almond oil on the market. I buy the 16oz bottle for $6.99-- from swanson vitamins great buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lovee this oil, I use this for my hair, in the tumeric face mask( have'nt broken from this yet ***knocking on wood***) and sometimes as a body moisturizer. Overall nice product...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm rather disappointed in myself for not reviewing this sooner because I've been using this product for years. I will never be without it:
+ Best eye makeup remover: wet a cotton pad with water or Aloe Vera juice, add 2 squirts or 1/16 tsp of Almond oil and gently work the pad across a closed eye, in a windshield wiper- like motion, to wipe away layers of mascara and eyeshadow away gently.
+ Dry skin reliever: when skin is still damp from final rinse or toner, apply 2 squirts or 1/16 tsp of oil to face and gently message into skin for 1 minute. Wipe off excess for soft & rosy skin.
+ Body moisturizer: 1 tbsp SA oil + 1/2 tsp Coconut oil, message into damp skin; add 1/2 cup of sea salts for manicure/ pedicure scrub.
+ Shiny hair: warm 1/2- 1 cup of SA oil, depending on length and thickness, and message into scalp for 5-10 minutes, wrap head in an warm towel and leave on for 30 minutes. Wash out for really shiny hair. Note: Add 2tbsp ACV to oil to help with Winter dry flakes.

As you can see I love Swet Almond oil and will use it until I die, it's never caused a blemish, is full of vitamins like A, B1, B6 & E, and leaves me silky soft without feeling oily or heavy. Love it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by heyheymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have really really bad dry skin and lots of acne, so I started buying 200 dollar topical treatment that only came in a small tube. I was runnning low and needed somthing both for my dry skin and acne, I looked up oils that I could use on my face and came across almond oil. And holy crap!! after 2 uses/days I can feel and see a differance in my skin! Im so pleased, my dark spots are fading,my acne is calming down and my skin is velvet soft, not to mention I only got a bottle for three dollars at natral grocers in the cosmedics section. I love it so much! I highly recomend this along with the grapeseed oil they have.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by jkangaroo

I use this oil as a moisturizer before bed and sometimes in the morning if I have time for it to absorb. I apply a drop or two on each cheek, one on my nose, and one on my forehead and pat, pat, pat. If I apply too much I use a tissue and pat it on my face to absorb excess oil. I have combination skin with an oil T-zone but the almond oil doesn't cause any more oil than I normally have (as long as I didn't apply too heavily). After about a month of using it I have noticed my skin getting smoother and it has not caused me to break out which is great because I have sensitive skin. If I use almond oil in the morning, I apply that first, give it a bit of chance to absorb, then sunblock.

I think almond oil is especially great when added to body lotion. I add about 3 drops of oil to two pumps of Aveeno and it makes the lotion absorb so quickly. I really recommend trying this out.

I have also used it to take off gel eyeliner and it works really well. I put a few drops on clean fingers and then massage it slowly into my lids and then pat it off with a tissue. I just repeat that until it's all off.

I think the only con to this product is its packaging. It's terrible and the cap leaks everywhere. To fix this and make dispensing the oil easier, I went to the Container Store and bought those old school amber drop bottles. The droppers were about $3-$4 and I use them to store other essential oils. The amber color protects the oils from UV damage (which can spoil the oils) and the dropper is decent for dispensing. The problem is that the almond oil has a pretty low viscosity and too much drips out if you're not careful.

I bought this bottle of almond oil at Whole Foods for about $8 and while that seems pretty expensive for a little bottle of oil, I was scared to buy on Amazon because reviewers were getting bottles with oil leaked all over or even rancid oil. So, I spent a few more dollars at the store so I could make sure it was ok when I got it. Plus, it's way less than my Kiehl's Ultra Moisturizer and even less greasy feeling (don't recommend the Kiehl's stuff btw).

I recommend this product. There are tons of uses for it and it's a great paraben-free natural moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Olom

I initially bought this product because I read the reviews on here that it lightens dark undereye circles and other hyperpigmentation which I have a problem with (I bought the smaller bottle at Sear's health food store which was about $5-6 CDN - great price). I went through my first bottle in less than a month though because I used it as an eye makeup remover and a face/body moisturizer as well, which turned out great! It leaves my skin looking healthy and glowing. I bought the bigger bottle (about $15-16 CDN) the second time around and am still on it. Although I have yet to see results concerning my hyperpigmentation, this oil is still a great alternative to expensive eye makeup removers and skin moisturizers! I also love how the bottles have UV light protectant. I think I am hooked on this.

UPDATE: I've been using this oil for a few months now and while I haven't seen any changes concerning my hyperpigmentation, it's still a great multipurpose product that I will continue to buy. The only bad thing is that I've managed to find this in only one store in my area and they only carry like 2-5 big bottles at a time. I have to go out of my way to get this. :\

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by deepseadivingsuit

I only use Sweet Almond Oil under my eyes, and so far it's lightened my dark circles by about half.

My permanent purple-grey dark circles are pretty bad - I've had makeup artists flummoxed as to how to cover them up, since they're also full of creases - and I didn't think anything short of Vitamin K/dermagen would lighten them, but seeing the good reviews on MUA and how cheap it was from iherb, I added this to my order, thinking that if it didn't work, I'd still be able to use it for my hair and cuticles. I was amazed when I saw noticeable results after only 2 nights of usage! It hasn't done much for the creases, although the whoel area is far more moisturised now.

The flip-top dispenser can get a bit drippy and messy, so I unscrew it and dip a cotton bud in, then gently wipe it under my eyes after my nightly shower/cleansing routine. I sometimes rub it in gently with my fingers afterwards. It's almost completely absorbed/wiped off by morning. and I sometimes reapply after my morning cleanse.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this product. It works for me, and I'd encourage all dark-circled girls to try it before turning to expensive creams and gels since it's so cheap. And if it doesn't work on your dark circles, just use it as a moisturiser or hair/cuticle oil. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by xjasx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE sweet almond oil. It is the best solution to dry skin. I started using it when i was 17 and i had a dry, dull and uneven skin. After about a week of using this my skin came to life and was no-longer dull it also really helped even out my skin tone. This is the one thing i recommend to almost everybody i know that has dry skin because honestly sweet almond oil DOES WONDERS FOR DRY SKIN!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by faffner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't used this on my skin yet, so I can't comment on that, but I really like it as an oil for my curly, lightweight hair. I had tried a different brand of food-grade almond oil a few years ago, and it was okay, but not great. I don't know why, but I thought I'd give almond oil another try, happened to purchase NOW, and was surprised how much better it worked for my hair. I didn't expect the brand to make a difference, but it did.

I apply a bit of coconut oil to my towel-dried hair, brush through, put a few drops of this almond oil in, scrunch, and air dry. I have received many compliments when I wear my hair down this way. Unfortunately, the formulas of my go-to shampoo and conditioner have changed, so I am having to start from scratch to find another good routine, but I am glad to have found a good product that I'm looking forward to using it in the future.