October 31, 2014 | 1572 users online

Pressed Powders - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Sculpting Powder Makeup SPF 10

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by skim1017

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an interesting powder that "melts" into your skin, giving you a natural, soft, and glowing look that makes you look like you have your own personal lighting crew following you around. It is neither too matte nor too shimmery. It can be worn alone or over foundation, but I prefer to wear it alone. Coverage is sheer to medium, depending on how many layers you apply. I like to apply a single layer for a more natural look. If you apply two layers, it will cover more blemishes and flaws, but you will also look more "made-up." I like how there are three shades in the pan (unifier, sculpter, and illuminer), and you have the option of applying each of the three shades separately or swirling them together for a more glowing look. Having said that, there are three downsides to this powder for me. First, I have it in the lightest shade (20) and I wish they had it in a slightly lighter shade. If I mix the colors together, it's a bit too peachy for me, but if I wear the base alone, it's too flat and beige for me. Second, it's a mineral powder, and my skin generally doesn't tolerate mineral powder very well (titanium dioxide makes me break out), so I can't wear it every day. Third, while the glowing look is beautiful and flattering, it's not so great when the weather is hot or when your skin gets oily, so I wear this only in the fall/winter.
UPDATE: This product must be discontinued. Sephora doesn't seem to carry it any longer, and I don't see it on the Dior website, either.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by cren04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really really lovely product. I have it in shade 020 as i am very fair skinned and it suits me perfectly. I have super oily skin and this powder stayed looking fresh and oil free for ages without the need for touching up. It isnt a full coverage foundation but it truly does give your skin a natural glow. I used the included brush which is really soft and a good size to sweep all 3 colours all over my skin then used the lighter colour under my eyes as a higlighter and the middle colour to contour my cheeks, very subtle finish but really really lovely.
In some lighting the foundation looked very powdery, but only under harsh strip lighting which NEVER makes any makeup look good.
I am very funny with foundation and try out lots of different ones as i'm never satisfied but this is really easy to apply and blend and feels very light on the skin, you can easily forget you are wearing any foundation.
I have tried this with powder blush over the top and it instantly becomes a very 'done' look whereas if you just wear it as is it looks super natural and just like you have really nice skin.
It is expensive, i think it was about 40 but you can buy refills for it and i would say it is totally worth it and i would definitely buy again.
If you're a little iffy about using powder foundation like i was then go and use the testers in Selfridges or wherever and apply it all over and see how it feels and looks in a couple of hours before shelling out all the cash, i promise you'll be converted.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

OMG. If Mr Dior was here I would kiss his feet and become his slave for creating this gorgeous product.

If you were born with a "natural glow" then you won't understand any of this.

For those of us less fortunate souls who need products to make us look alive and fabulous, this is the product for you.

Yes, it's expensive. But this is a high quality product, you can feel the sublime hydration from it every time you apply. You can see pores minimised and skin looking flawless, (and my skin is crap). The brush applicator oozes quality and distributes evenly.

I have it in shade 020, which is perfectly matched to my NC-20ish skintone.

LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by smoozie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I purchased this in "The Passion" with the advise from the SA. I wanted a bronzer, and because I'm extremely fair skinned (for reference NW15 with a neutral complexion) she tried this on me. I was sceptical because I usually use traditional bronzers and this one didn't really look "bronzy" to me at first. What it did for me was give me a warm, peachy glow that didn't look orange, sparkly, or fake. I used a big bronzer brush (the brush that it comes with isn't the greatest) and swirled all of the colours together and applied it like a regular bronzer. It has a beautiful glow and lasts all day without makeing my skin look oily. It doesn't break me out which is amazing. The price...it's pretty expensive (around $55 Canadian), but it's definitely worth it!
The packaging is quite large (I would be happy if they took the brush out and made the package more compact). I think that this product is worth trying as a bronzer for fair skin (I'm not sure that this colour would show up on darker skin but it might work as a nice powder or blush). Love it! I think this will replace my Bobbi Brown medium bronzer for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by wigsnatcher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Here's a high-end product that is also extremely high quality. I waited a long time to buy this, mostly due to the price and the fact that I wasn't sure it would be suitable for me. I finally bit the bullet and decided to try it out when I got fed up with the creamy compact foundation that I carried around for touch-ups. Since I started eating healthier I've found that most of my old skin concerns have improved if not vanished - I don't break out nearly as much as before and my dry patches have cleared up immeasurably. Still, being a makeup slave, I like to have some coverage on my skin, and so decided to liberate my skin from dirty-feeling, cakey cream products in favour of something lighter.

I went to a Dior counter in London one warm day to try this out. At the time my skin was actually quite "glowy" (read: sweaty) from travelling on the Tube. The first thing I asked the SA was whether 020 Beige Praline would be too dark for my N15-20 skin, and she said it definitely wouldn't be - in fact she suggested the next colour up to add a bit of a glow. Since this is marketed as a full-fledged foundation, I decided to stick with the lightest shade so I could build up the product for coverage. She blended the skintone, blusher, and highlight colour all together and after a 10 second application my skin went from oily to satin-finished. It felt like nothing on my face, yet the effect was really beautiful: the coverage I wanted was there, but really sheer and gave me a seamless, airbrushed look. I was basically sold at that point, but decided to wait a day before buying. The finish lasted until I washed it off and I felt it helped me look my best for the rest of the day.

Now that I own this product, I primarily use it to refresh my morning makeup - sometimes blending all three colours together, other times using each individually. It blurs any lines and pores without sitting in them and is buildable without looking cakey. There is some glitter in the blush stripe which I am not thrilled about, but other than that this is my HG touch-up powder. I use a tiny swipe of the skintone to absorb any shine without dulling skin, a dusting of the blush to revitalise my complexion, or all three colours to cover any redness that pokes through my foundation around midday. I don't use the highlight that much on it's own, but I think it works well with the blush and skintone colours.

To sum it up, I think this would be a great product for anyone with oily to slightly dry skin looking for a touch-up or light coverage powder. If you think this will work for you but are daunted by the cost don't be, a little goes a very long way and I can easily see my compact lasting well over a year.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by ic3fall

I LOVE this product. I have it in 020 Light Beige. Perfect match for my skin tone.

Pros:
Very fine powder that gives a very natural finish.
Coverage is not 100% but there's something about it that makes my skin look like it's glowing!
I love the 3 colors combo. It totally covers most of my needs. I use the Illuminator for eye bags and then brush all 3 colors over the face. Perfect.

Cons:
It's extremely expensive. I bought it from Isetan for S$88. =.=
It doesn't control oil at all. In fact, I have to blot more than usual.
I do not really appreciate the packaging. It's quite bulky to keep in the handbag...

but otherwise, this product is just lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by pinkyolli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dear Diorskin Nude Sculpting Powder,

If you were a man, I'd leave my husband for you.

Yes, ladies and gents, that is how amazing this powder is! I bought this from Sephora when I was looking for a bronzer, and had it in my head that this was what I was looking for. Even when I read the reviews, I still didn't see how this could be a face powder. But you know what? This gives me the most beautiful natural glow that only pregnancy could rival (without the morning sickness!). I've used each shade separately, as well as mixed, and you can't go wrong either way. I find that using it mixed gives a bit more color/dimension to my face, whereas separately gives me a full face (powder, blush & bronzer). I get light coverage, but prefer to layer over a BB cream.

At $50, this is definitely not cheap, but worth every single penny.

For reference, I'm NC25-30/Dior Linen 021/Chanel Shell and 032 Sable Rose fits me beautifully. I could probably pull off 030 Praline as well, but I like Sable Rose for a little more color.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by CT

This is an absolute fantastic product - I can honestly say that I cannot live without it!. I generally have a problem with foundations since I detest heavy ones and want a really natural effect. In addition, I have combination skin and generally get very oily in the T zone. But mattifying foundations are (more often than no)t heavy and lack any kind of "glow" and powdery ones are too drying.

For all you girls with similar concerns - look no further. This powder foundation gives the skin a fantastic glow, covers minor imperfections and does not dry the skin. You look like you - only so much better! It is expensive - yes - but worth every penny. It is what I have been searching for but never found before.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by mattel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I initially wanted to buy Chanel Mat Lumiere pressed powder when the SA suggested that I try this instead. Having heard good things about the Dior "Nude" range, I went ahead and bought it. Boy was I surprised to see the result!!

I have combination-oily skin with sunspots and a bit of redness issue around my nose. I've never thought I'd ever be able to wear anything "nude" given my complexion. But I was wrong!!!

This product gives me such a natural luminous finish, with such great coverage too!!! Can't say that it gives me full coverage for my sunspots but my skin significantly looks better. And unlike before, now I only need just a bit of concealer to cover my stubborn spots. And I'm ready to face the world :D :D

I TOTALLY FELL IN LOVE with it! Definitely going to be a staple for me. Love love love Dior!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've got this in 020 (beige praline) and I must say I like this product. It does what it is supposed to do, leaves skin flawless and good looking. I like the highlighter a lot, works well in my eye area although it's really sort of white. I can't achieve any particularly sculpting effect, but I don't mind, there are other products to do that. Overall I'm satisfied and I'm planning to buy 030 when spring/summer begins, the good thing is you can buy a refill!!!