September 17, 2014 | 2079 users online

Polishes - OPI - DS Extravagance

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by katiekieran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite polish! I just got this yesterday and it's my first experience with the designer series line.I was amazed at how opaque the first coat was, and with the second, the true beauty of it's holographic effect was clearly visible. My mom saw them and asked if I went for a professional manicure! Shiny, multidimensional (without looking too flashy) and perfect with my skin tone. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by ImmiMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this thick, glossy polish. It provides adequate coverage in two coats and looks gorgeous. Also lasts for a long time on the nail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another winner from the DS collection. Same smooth, lovely application as the other holo DS polishes in my collection. Opaque in 2 coats and super easy to work with and clean up. Really lovely stuff.The color is a red-based winey plum. Maybe...red-violet from my 1972 box of Crayolas. The aforementioned holo particles provide a lot of depth and dimension without being glittery or chunky. The holo itself is weak, not super rainbow, kind of a personal party on your nails, not something people can necessarily see from an appropriate personal-space distance, therefore I totally got away with it at work. This is one of the few purples that look well against my yellow based skin tone. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by goldchocobo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my faves. This is Extravagance in a bottle. It performs best on sunny days where where every single gorgeous holo paticle can light up in all of its glory.

This is a berry purple shade that is, to me, "safe fo work" with a scattered holo effect that is pure perection in 2 coats. It is my first holo by OPI and a treasured fave. If you see it, please pick it up! You wont regret it for one moment.

I find it wears okay, but dont go by me, as I change my polish every 3 days or so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This deep purply-magenta polish is so pretty and classy-looking! I found application effortless (I used two coats), and it looked so flattering and sophisticated on my hands...I just wanted to wear nice jewelry the whole time I was wearing it to complement the beauty of it! Wear was fine, but I change my polish every two days or so. I paid $8.50 at a local beauty supply, so it was about $3 more than what I usually pay for a polish, so it feels like a splurge, but definitely a worthwhile splurge. I would buy it again if needed.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Stephsinnv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I love the color, it stained my nails, even with two bc's

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by sunnyhu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is sheer excellence in a bottle! Purple is my favorite color but it's hard to find a nail polish that doesn't pull too cool against my warm-toned skin. This is not at all a problem with Extravagance. Two coats achieve complete opacity with the prettiest holo effect. I can't even begin to describe the colors of the sparkle. Love it! It does show tip wear a bit more easily than other OPI nail polish but still, I can wear it for a week and it'd still look good so I don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by AngeCS29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually hate metallic and/or glittery polishes. They look beautiful in the bottle but once they're on my nails, something gets lost. ANYWAY, this is not the case with the OPI Designer Series polished AT ALL. I cannot put into words how beautiful they are, this one especially. It's unlike any holographic polish I have ever tried. And they only look better on the nail. The only downside is that they're $12.50, versus the usual $8. But it's totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jackytheripper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am giving this polish 5 lippies even though I don't particularly like it, but that's because I don't like holo polishes. This color has everything you could possibly want in a polish, easy application, opacity in 1-2 coats, gorgeous glitter and the color is very luxurious. IMO a must have for any holo fan!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by nazcat

This was great! It has a beautiful color that sparkles without looking cheap especially in sunlight. I love it!