October 23, 2014 | 1893 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Pinkhairdontcare

I love this product but hate the packaging. NOTE this product is not a primer it is a base, it doesn't claim to be a primer and It does have a colour to it; it would be better to say that it was like a glow pot without the glow haha. Anyway this product works well as a starter for your eyeshadows, it does help them stay but also assists in blending etc. I find that at the end of the day my eyeshadow has creased a little bit but still intact. My one gripe is the packaging I just don't like it you have to stick your finger in there like you would a lipgloss and it's just gross. However all in all I love this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off I love the packaging & the price isn't too bad either. BUT sadly I do not like the product. It makes the skin on my eye lid dry & flaky. I'd also prefer if it came in a lighter color. I really like the idea of this product so if they ever improve or "change" the formula I would try it again. Until then though I'll stick with my Mac paint pot in "utterly becoming". It's amazing! I'd definitely recommend that over the NYX so if you're looking for a skin toned base you won't be disappointed if you go w the Mac paint pot.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by justinetindall

Absolute garbage.

Creased on me within 1 hour. Did not hold my eye shadow in place AT ALL.

Such a waste of money.

Returning asap. Don't waste your money on this crap

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product was absolutely terrible. My eye shadows all picked up a yellow-y cast from this product, they creased all over (even if I did use an eye shadow primer), and it didn't make my colors pop enough to justify the purchase. I imagine the white version of this would be better for more intense colors, but this one was just a terrible waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff, but it's too dark for me. The formula is seriously so amazing, if they only made it in a lighter shade I could use it for my dark circles!! I am praying they make lighter shades because this stuff is phenomenal. Looks like skin, covers well, doesn't budge, lasts all day. If it matches some of you lucky ones, it functions as a phenomenal/perfect/undetectable concealer. If they made my shade I would honestly go out and buy 10 pots of this just so I never run out. Sometimes I mix it with a paler concealer so I can still use it, that's how much I love it. This will match around an NC/NW 35-40. It is also very good as the lid primer, it gives you a very soft "blurrrred lines ;)" effect, making the skin look silkier and nicer, and doesn't crease.

***Edit, just read the review below mine, and I totally agree about using this for the under-eye! I did try layering it under my regular concealer and for me it was still looking a little too dark, and just not as dramatic as I wanted. However, I do second her recommendation because the formula is literally perfection for the under-eye, and others may be able to make it work depending on your skin color or application.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

!!!..Pale/fair ladies (or gentlemen, makeup doesn't discriminate)..!!!
You can use this as a (pre?) concealer for undereye bags/circles. I have very heavy, genetic bags under my eyes that even the strongest concealer will not cover. With the NYX skin, It's a combination of the darker skin colour (most pale people will find the shade to be darker then their natural skin colour) and peachy tones, that cancel the blue tint of the under eye circles. I go over the NYX base with my usual concealer. Works like magic, everytime.

As an eyeshadow base, this gives a great 'stick'. I do notice that a lot of my shadows appear more pigmented.
My only issue is it can be a little hard to get the product your finger and not under your nails; this can be solved by using a vegan brush (Real Techniques or Sigma Mr/Mrs Bunny are great) to pick up the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Maddy136

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so pleasntly suprised with this product, I had run out of my NYX HD eyeshadow primer (not the best) and was looking for a similarly priced product but with better colour pay off. This was definitely it. I thought the skin tone colour at first would be a bit off but blended out to be near invisible while covering my veins in my eye lid. It was more of a powdery finish which makes it much easier to blend eyeshadows with and would even be great by itself if you have oily lids. A lot goes along way with this product and is silky to touch. I'm not a big fan of the packaging but the product is to good to worry about it. This is definitely my go to primer from now on!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover1018

i was not impressed. I do like to use this as a concealer in some of my blemish areas and top it off with a powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by onoriki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to try this as a lot of my fave you-tubers' use it. However, I wasn't that impressed. Maybe I didn't use it right, but it left me looking like a creasey mess.. not good. I only used it for the first time last night for a function so I can't say much except my first experience was not the best. I used my ELF eyelid primer and then this on top,before my shadow, during the function I was involved in I didn't have a chance to look in the mirror the whole night, so I was quite dissapointed when i finally. I didnt really notice a difference in the colour's of my eye-shadow either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the first base I've tried. I have primers, UDPP and elf, but no base. I normally use NYX's jumbo eye pencil in Milk for my base but wanted to give this a shot since it was on sale @ ULTA. Overall, I really like it. I have an elf palette that I'd given up on because the pigmentation of the shadows was so poor, even with UDPP. Well, I decided to give the palette another shot but this time using the base over UDPP - WOW! Such a huge difference. The colors were richer, more pigmented, and stayed on with no creasing. I have oily eyelids, so I was expecting this base to crease but thankfully, that did not happen.

My only complaint is the packaging. I can only fit my index or pinky finger in the jar, which is not cool. MAC's Paint Pots are similarly packaged but the mouth of the jar is wider and the product comes up to the top of the jar, making it easier for the user.

Other than that, I'm sold. I can see this lasting a long time but I'd definitely repurchase when the time comes.