April 20, 2014 | 930 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - 100 Percent Pure - Fruit Pigmented Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this item in a swap because I wanted to test it out, even though I know I need far more coverage than what a TM can provide. With that said, unless you have absolutely flawless skin, you'll need something else to go along with this product. It's incredibly sheer, which makes it pretty fool proof, but what's the point of paying extra for a barely noticeable hint of color? I wasn't expecting it to cover acne scarring at all, but I was hoping it would even out my skin tone a bit so that I could apply less mineral foundation afterwards. It doesn't cover my slight hyperpigmentation that I have on my nose and cheeks. A previous reviewer commented on it streaking and being dry, which I did not experience with this at all. Maybe they reformulated recently. But, I actually got way too much product the first time I used it and it still applied very easily, stayed damp enough to layer over the first application without looking or feeling odd. I just felt oily and it had no coverage, regardless of applying three coats.

Since it has no coverage, it blended in very well with my NC 15 skin tone in the shade Creme. And, I felt it made me more oily than I usually am and definitely didn't help mattify my skin at all. I also think it may have been exacerbating my mild acne, but I'm not sure because I didn't use it for long--the pimples that formed while using it went away when I stopped and never returned, so who knows.

Overall, it's a very sheer moisturizer with a slight, slight, slight hint of color and if that's what you're looking for, give this a try. But, it's not amazing and doesn't do a whole lot for my oily, acne prone skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised by the negative comments and the high number of people who would not buy this again. I'm super picky about what I put on my face for daytime, but I love this. It's not greasy (provides a very slight matte look) and somehow my skin seems luminous with this on. I noticed also that even though this is labelled SPF 20, there is actually a very high amout of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.

It's not moisturizing enough for really cold winter days, but for spring, summer, and fall, it's good. Great packaging - very attractive, clean, and the pump truly lets you get 100% of the product.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by simulacratastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in White Peach as an alternative to full make-up. I like to wear it during the day on the weekend, when I'm doing yoga, or any other occasion when putting on primer and powder would be a bit ridiculous. My skin tolerates the moisturizer well, and the color blends into my natural skin tone (light with yellow undertones). I apply it pretty lightly, though, so any color discrepancies don't really show.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by asininityy

Like the person below me, I bought this because it was on sale on Hautelook for 10 bucks. I have somewhat dark asian colored skin that is very yellow. I got this in peach bisque thinking it will be too light for me because of the picture of the models on the website but it's actually too dark.
The color matches my skintone somewhat on initial application but after an hour or so it will oxidize on the skin and turn orangey.
Even though it is a tinted moisturizer, i don't find it particularly moisturizing which is not a problem for me since I rarely need to use moisturizer in the first place. Instead, i find that this has a slight mattifying effect on my skin.
Since it can be hard to blend in, I like to squeeze about three quarters of a pump onto the back of my hand and then spray 2-3 spritzs of toner on top of it and blend to dilute. The lighter consistency that this gives the moisturizer allows me to blend it into my skin easier and i find that this solves the streaky problem, while sheering out the coverage even more.
Even though I dilute the product with toner before applying, it still helps to conceal some of the redness on my face as well as my dark circles. Not completely, but it does help tone everything down, and even my skin tone. I just wish it didn't turn so orange on the skin. So i have to be careful not to apply too much unless I want to turn into an oompa loompa in the middle of the day.
I like that it has UVA and UVB protection, and the packaging is awesome. Maybe I will try the white peach next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by cls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i only purchased this because it was on sale at hautelook for 10 bucks. i currently use 100% pure full coverage foundation, which i love, but my skin has been dry lately for some reason, so i thought the tinted moisturizer would be great. well.......it feels great. the packaging is a perfect 10! so cute and hygienic! the ingredients are great. it moisturizes. but........it offers absolutely ZERO coverage and it is slightly shiny. i know a tinted moisturizer isn't supposed to offer fulll coverage, but at least some coverage would be nice! i have experienced a few larger than normal blemishes since i have been using it the past week, but i have not pin pointed if it is exactly this. it is great to wear on the weekend, or if you need to run out to the store, or maybe to the beach because of the spf.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Ranna1994

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have dry, light-colored Asian skin with neutral undertones. I bought this in White Peach, which I feel is the right shade with respect to degree of "lightness" but it is extremely orange - to a very unnatural degree. I can't imagine anyone looking good with this color, despite their undertone. I was very disappointed as I really want to find all natural cosmetics.

It wasn't moisturizing enough for me to use without a moisturizer underneath, but this isn't odd as my skin is really dry (I ALWAYS also wear a sunblock regardless of what else I'm wearing).

I had some trouble with application at first since I'm used to applying tinted moisturizer with a sponge and it looked very streaky. It dries quickly, which adds to the streaking effect. It also did this if I used my fingers (which I hate). I finally figured out that it looked pretty good if I stippled it with the sponge, but it's not very buildable.

I did like the dispenser once I finally figured out how to use it. If it's not pumping, turn it upside down (with the lid still on!) and tap it gently/firmly on the carpet several times. Once I did that it worked perfectly.

I love the idea behind this company and would really like to support them. I am trying some of their other items and will leave reviews on those products as well.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by helyli

I brought this in the lightest shade, Creme, which still wasn't light enough for me. Although I sometimes do use a darker shade than my skintone, this particular tinted moisturizer has a tendency to turn orange. Because of this, depending on how it's applied, streaking can be a problem. The way I found was best is to use one of though beauty blender like sponges and wet it then squeeze out the water and then use that to "bounce" the moisturizer on my face. This way, the finish is even and glowing. Still, it's a bit too much trouble to go through for putting on a tinted moisturizer. My search continues.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ninac

Have yellow undertones and got this in White Peach, but it was still too dark for my skin. Did not have a smooth finish probably because the color is off? Reluctant to try Creme because the model looks practically white. Will try White Peach again this summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Vyzie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love how this moisturiser is like my skin colour but better. But it won't cover your blemishes. I also love the instant sun protection it gives - I would have to wait 15 minutes for a chemical sunblock to work. It has SPF 20 rating. It's made of pure fruits/ antioxidants. I like the fact it doesnt have dangerous chemicals in it. Only downside other than the price is that it could afford to be more moisturizing. Perhaps that is due to the zinc content (natural sunblock) which is 10%.

I am medium-fair with black hair and eyes (Asian). I got the peach bisque and topped it up with toffee concealer from same brand for my eyes. The concealer in peach bisque was too light for me. Both products are great!

If I have time, I'd put on a moisturiser first. Nothing beats the fact that you have instant sun protection if you are in rush. It's not shiny so I don't even need powder on it.

Living Nature's tinted moisturiser is more moisturising but didn't have much sun protection and was too shiny compared to this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I think this is a good product, but the color is deceiving. I am very fair, and the lightest. Shade, cream, is much darker than pictured on the website.
The texture is wonderful, looks like skin only, evens out the skin tone a bit and gives a little (or in my case, a lot of) colour. Previous reviews say that it it not moisturizing, so I applied pure shea butter underneath, and that was a perfect combination for smooth dewy skin with no shine, and no need for powder.
I wish it came in a lighter shade, as the marie veronique makes my skin flake. Any other natural spf tinted moisturizers out there? I will try mixing this with a heavy, greasy spf with white cast, that may work.