E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

on 5/7/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Very good, makes short-lasting eye shadows last through the day with very little creasing.

on 5/5/2015 10:52:00 PM

I can't afford to buy Urban Decay's eye primer or Too Faced's eye primer, so I use ELF eyelid primer instead. ELF eyelid primer is cheap, and works okay. I have no problem using this eye primer. I will DEF repurchase this product again!

on 4/24/2015 7:28:00 PM

This is just plain wonderful. My eyelids are a little darker than the rest of my skin. After I put this on, the darkness is gone and my eyeshadow goes on beautifully and a more truer color than without the primer. I usually have two or three around at all times just in case I run out. Yup, its that good! I was using the Loreal primer, but this is just as good, if not better and for MUCH less.

on 4/21/2015 12:01:00 AM

Updating my review (from 2 to 4 lippies) because I've used it a few more times and haven't had further problems with creasing. At this point, I probably would buy it again although I want to try the Fergie one since I've heard that's good for oily lids.

Original review: Didn't work for me. My eyeshadow creased. I usually use the Urban Decay primer but am traveling and forgot it, so I picked this up at Target. I wished it had worked since the price is amazing. I do have oily eyelids, so for someone with less oily lids, it may work well.

on 4/3/2015 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My lids can get quite oily sometimes, so I wasn't convinced this cheap primer would do it, but hey, what a pleasant surprise! Already repurchased.

Pros:
+ no creasing for over 8 hours
+ makes eyelid nice and smooth
+ covers veins and evens out the color of the lid
+ price
+ nice and clean packaging

Cons:
- doesn't make colors any more vibrant
- after about 9+ hours eyeshadow may start creasing or fading
- if your lids are very oily, this may not work at all

this primer is pretty good for $2 ! for me it only creases after a few hours on certain eyeshadows. it hasn't creased when i've used my pixi shadows or colourpop shadows.

on 3/25/2015 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This does not work for me...i mean at first it is ok..but after about 1 month or so, i think it is not creamy anymore. When i put it on my lids it is hard to blend....so i dont know if it's just for my eyelids, i have super oily eyelids.
Many said it is a dupe for the urban decay prime portion, i would say NO.
But it's only a dollar...so it's worth trying still

on 3/2/2015 12:04:00 AM

This is pretty standard eye primer. I don't have oily eyelids so I don't really can tell if this product really work for me. Without this my eyeshades just stick and blend as usual. But it is affordable product.

on 3/1/2015 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have repurchased this product several times. Its about a dollar and for a dollar it holds my eye shadow amazingly. It doesn't crease and I have oily eyelids. The color is Sheer but I don't think that is accurate. It covers all the veins and discoloration on my eyelids so it does have pigmentation. The only down side is the packaging. It comes with a doe foot applicator and you don't get all the product out. What I do is take out the clear "stopper" and continue to use it like that. With that method I'm able to get majority of the product. I will continue to repurchase and recommend this eye shadow primer. LOVED IT!

on 2/28/2015 9:24:00 AM

This primer is awesome and really makes your eyeshadow stay on all day. I was shocked to see that after fourteen hours, my eyeshadow had barely creased. This is not cakey, either, like some eye primers. For the price, you really cannot beat it.