E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

Im suprised at how much I really like this primer, its a light sheer liquid formula similar to the urban decay primer potion. its silky smooth when its rubbed on the lid and my eye shadows actually stand out and stay put. In a way my eyes look brighter as well. I cannot complain about this for the price ($2 at CVS), packaging and quality I will definitely repurchase this primer again!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Goes on smoothly and does a great job of holding shadow in place. My shadow use to always crease and this helped tons. Has no odor to it either.

Did not improve pigmentation and did not improve duration of eye shadow. Not impressed and would rather pay $$ for UDPP because it is still my HG. I love ELF but I am disappointed in this product!

I'm about to empty my second primer from e.l.f. and I seriously love it - it is cheap (like super cheap), it works, and you can even use it just as it is without the need to put any eyeshadow on your eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Tried this after hearing it was a dupe to the UDPP. Bad idea. Theres a reason why its 2 bucks. My eyeshadow faded and creased, didnt stay on long. This proves that the awesome power of UDPP is undupeabble. Id rather buy a 20 dollar tube of UDPP than this crap any day. Went into the trash. It also didnt make my eyeshadow appear more vividly.

TERRIBLE! Not even as close to the UDPP. Creased after 1 hour, and the eyeshadow colour just faded. Love the consistency of this primer, similar to a face primer consistency, silicone-y texture. Creased worst than if I hadn't had any primer on. And come on ELF,
Raising the dang price again!

Do yourself a favor and don't buy this if you have oily lids. Yes, it was only a dollar, but my eyeshadow has creased or just straight up disappeared in a matter of hours each time I've used this. I would not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If I didn't have oily lids, I would repurchase this. Eyeshadows slipped all over my lids with this and didn't stay put. It's a very hydrating primer though. Would not repurchase, I use the Wet 'n Wild eyeshadow primer and it is much better for oily lids and is cheap as well.

I find that this primer works its probably not the best but I use this primer a lot because it is only $2 for the price I would say it is worth it. it makes my eye shadow pop and my eye shadow doesn't really crease. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap eyelid primer. I have re purchased this before.

Not bad, especially for the price point!
This makes my eyeshadows 'pop' more. I still get creasing, but only after about 8 hours (I just can't wear makeup like I used to where everything lasted on me all day, even without primers, things just change sometimes, esp as we get older), and I do not think this makes my eyeshadows last longer. HOWEVER, I do see potential with this, especially if you are budget-minded and want an eye primer.

One final note is, this takes a long time to dry, for me, anyway.

Not a bad primer, but certainly not the greatest. I appreciate that it makes certain eyeshadows 'pop' more for me. One other note, I really have to be careful not to get this in my eyes, because for me, it stings/burns. I know you should be careful with any eye product, but at the same time, I feel a liquid-type product such as this that goes near the eyes should be gentler. For me, getting this in the eyes can not only burn/sting, but sometimes makes my eyes water..and if I've started my makeup, that can be a pain to re-apply or touch-up.

Not holy grail but would not be opposed to re-purchasing at some time in the future. I find I just have to be uber-careful and use super-sparingly. And also helpful to apply first-thing, so it can dry!!!! ;)