April 17, 2014 | 1842 users online

Powder - E.L.F. - Studio Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love the elf studio packaging, its really sleek and professional. However, within this products pretty packaging is nothing special. I found this powder unimpressive and a little cakey. I will try to use all of it and don't plan on re-purchasing. Elf doesn't fail me often but this one was a dud for me. I have it a lippy for nice packaging and another for a good color match but other than that this powder is nothing to jump up and down about :/

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I don't get the high reviews. I love the packaging. I love the finish. BUT the powder itself does not last. The coverage is lacking (not even medium!?). I was shinny & without coverage by mid day! I love both CoverGirl Fresh Complexion and L'Oreal Infallible powder. Both of those last almost all day (about a 10hr day) and looks flawless. One time touch up for shine is needed and that is it. They have medium coverage where this lacked it. Sadly they don't match my skin color which is why I tried this powder. I would not recommend this powder. I would have not bought it either if I had known it'd just disappear. I should have known since most E.L.F products don't live up to my expectations.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

Over my expectations!
This powder is very easy to work with, it's so pigmented and mattifying. For more coverage gently dab it on and then buff it in. I just lightly dust my shade ALMOND on my NC40 skin to set my foundation and it looks ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. A little bit goes a long way.
I just have to praise one shade,"Coco" the darkest shade in the range. It is absolutely amazing to use for contouring! It's matte, cool, and natural looking. A HOLY GRAIL!
I agree when many says the shades are lighter in the pan than on your face so be aware.
They've got yellow/neutral undertones. Packaging is sleek and practical, it also comes with a mirror and sponge which is OK for quick touch-ups but prefer to use it with a brush.
The powder is very soft so keep in mind that it might break easy, in the end when the powder is almost used up.
1 lippie gone due to the lasting powder both in the face and in the pan. I need to re-touch after a few hours and the powder is so soft and finely milled that I already hit the pan after 3 months. (I've been in Thailand, not working, used it maybe 2-3 times/week)
It's definitely a must have!
Update: I found a better setting powder, read my other reviews of the Milani multitasker. LOVE! I tried to contour with Milanis darker shade, but the shade doesn't come even close to the prefect shade from ELF "Coco", and I can't live without it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like the packaging for the product, the powder it self is really nice to work with and goes on easily, but because i have combination skin, it can look a bit cakey on dry areas. but putting a little bit of moisturiser on before hand works out great! i have this in buff and im an nc30/35

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This product (in light) goes on with a strong orangey undertone so I hate that aspect.It does cover things on it's own and adds coverage over foundation but it sometimes continues to get more orange throughout the day .Sometimes I use this to add a little color on my very pale days but for the most part this item is a waste for me.Maybe in the darker shades it will not turn orange.
The pressed powder from the dollar line works almost as well without the orange color so I will be sticking with that one the next time I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I got this is the lightest shade which is porcelain , it's too light for me, I heard that this powder runs on the darker side but I need to get it one shade darker. Aside from that I actually do like it the coverage is actually better then what i had expected. It has medium coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mejicana25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've repurchased this product several times. I buy this in caramel and it's one of the best powders I've used (I've tried bareminerals and a few store bought brands that are triple the price of this one). My only problem with this product is that it doesn't stay on as long as I'd like it to but then again I have oily skin and it's been quite humid lately where I live, Maybe if I use face primer it will stay better. I love the porcelain, smooth look my skin has when applied and it doesn't feel like I'm caking a ton of heavy makeup on. I apply this with the E.L.F. kabuki brush but recently bought their powder brush and works just as well (although kabuki seems to work better for me). Won't go back to any other powders!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by toofaced

Excellent powder that has replaced my most expensive powder foundations. I've used them all, and I can't believe I found a $3 powder that is equal to my Dior powder foundation. I keep the puff they give you and use it for touch ups. I use a heavy sponge round (particularly the one that came in my Lancome powder foundation) for my initial application. Staying power is great, controls shine, and like I said it replaced my $60 compact. I have repurchased 5 times, and will certainly repurchase again. Great find!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I am light-medium complected and I decided to purchase the powder in the shade Porcelain. I did hear that the colors of the studio pressed powders are not true to what's shown on the E.L.F. website. Instead, they are darker than what's shown. And, this is why, I decided to purchase the light shade offered.

When I first put the powder on with my E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush, it makes my skin look naturally flawless. However, by the end of the day, I kept noticing my face looking orangey and somewhat darker in tone. And, this is due to the powder having oxidized on my face.

If the powder did not turn my face into an orangey-tan mess, I would have actually continued to use it. It has an absolutely smooth and silky texture, it blends well, and it actually helps with oil control as well. But, because this powder terribly oxidizes on the skin, I don't plan to ever revisit it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this pressed powder to set my ELF tinted moisturizer. I like the texture of this powder, very smooth and light and it does mattify my skin and gives a little bit of coverage however, it doesn't last as long as I would want it to be. A good product, but I think I'd stick with my MAC MSFN.