August 27, 2014 | 1854 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by swhandamari

- coverage is great. not thick but my sun spots are concealed 4/5
- durability 4/5
- love the packaging, lipstick-like tube make it easier to apply and to keep 5/5
- no spf means flash light friendly
- does not accentuates pores
- love the creamy stick texture. just apply to skin straight from the tube and smother with damp alcone sponge or beauty blender

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by yu3mi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the texture of this foundation. Very smooth and easily glides on. Very convenient and handy, great for traveling. Despite wearing for 8 hours, my face does not get oily. Its great for covering severe acne scars (mine is severe due to sensitive, acne-prone and oily skin).

The only grip I have is the color. Its a bit too yellow if put on too thickly, which I do sometimes. I think the SA purposely chosen this color due to my skin redness and scars =(. Once my skin gets better, I will get another lighter color! ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by miumew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall Rating: Shu Uemura is my go-to brand for base products. I have this in 784, which is also my match in Face Architect. It's worth getting matched if you can because I was told the colours are not always equal in different formulas. I bought this because I wanted something with a bit more coverage - that I could use either as a concealer, foundation or in conjunction with FA. I find it works very well in all these roles, however because of its creaminess, I don't find that the full coverage lasts well. On the other hand, when applied more sheerly, it gives a beautiful finish which lasts very well. My current favourite methods is to blend out with a damp sponge but it also works well with brushes and fingers.

Price: When I first started using it, I was concerned that I was using it way too quickly considering it's around £30 and it seemed like I would finish it within the month. Luckily, it has lasted surprisingly well - I have had it about two months and am about half way through. Liquid foundations usually last me about 8 months so it's not as good value as those for an everyday foundation but I do think it's well priced for the quality and quantity you get.

Packaging Quality: It's a plain white plastic tube, I am concerned the cap could crack but it has not happened so no problems overall.

Would you buy this product again? Yes - I like that there are a few different ways you can wear it, it's a good colour match for me and easy to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

NOTHING AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL NOBARA IN A COMPACT, She uemura were forced to bring back the compact when make up artists and customer throughout the land complained after it was discontinued.the original were sheer perfection and this stick is not a patch on the original

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I have been on a Shu Uemura kick recently and was lucky enough to swap for a few things including Nobara stick foundation. I love the portability and the blendability of this - I use this as a light foundation but it can also be used as a concealer if you have near-perfect skin (which I don't). Coverage is medium and the finish is very natural. I used shade 754 which was a good match post-summer, but I'm not sure if it will be too dark for me come the winter months.

For reference, I wear: MAC NC30, NARS Punjab/Fiji/Budapest, BE1.2/2.0 light, Shiseido O20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

amazing blendability as one should expect from a shu uemura foundation. practical, adjustable medium coverage, matte finish, long-lasting and great color range. i'll buy it again in a heartbeat. it's a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by yenichii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was always complaining that although the colour is perfect and it being super natural that the face artitecht fluid never stays on till I noticed that my sister uses a creme stick foundation and remembered that Shu Uemura does a stick foundation too. Since then, I love this as my everyday foundation. (£30 for an everyday foundation. I know, I wake up crying about it at night too) since it's so quick and easy to apply. The coverage is also thick enough to hide my blemishes without concealer which is a huge plus. (The fluid is now kept for special occasions only)

It does like extremely unnatural if you apply too much though. I normally just draw a triangle outline on each cheek, the forehead and chin then just blend with fingers and finish with MAC Mineralize compact. I look really natural and is quite hardwearing. Certainly more than the fluid foundation anyway.

It is a bit oily than it's fluid counterpart so if you're oily like me blotting papers is a must but ultimately the amount of time it saves in the morning compared to the fluid makes it great for everyday use! Totally worth the money if you take into account how great it looks on the skin and how long lasting the tube it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The container is not the only change in the Nobara revamp. This product has been reformulated. In case you want to know the difference, here are two ingredient lists to compare.

The original Nobara came in a refillable compact and contained these ingredients: nylon-12, cetyl ethylhexanoate, tricaprylin, ethylhexyl stearate, paraffinum liquidum/mineral oil, barium sulfate, sorbitan sesquioleate, ceresin, cera alba/beeswax, calcium carbonate, carnauba/carnauba wax, pheyl trimethicone, hydrogenated castor oil, zea mays/corn germ oil, bht, dimethicone, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, linalool, (may contain: CI77891/titanium dioxide, mica, CI 77491, CI 77492/iron oxides).

The new Nobara comes in a stick, which is not refillable, it contains: dimethicone, neopentyl glycol dicaprate, isotridecyl isononanoate, synthetic wax, ceresin, talc, diisostearyl malate, sorbitan sesquioleate, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, alumina, aluminum hydroxide, tocopherol, canola oil, (may contain: i 77891 / titanium dioxide, ci 77491, ci 77499, ci 77492 / iron oxides, mica).

Unfortunately the new Nobara contains more dimethicone than the old formulation and the waxes are mostly synthetic. Although the new container seems like a better idea, it isn't refillable and I liked the formulation of the old Nobara cream compact. I am sorry that I did not buy a back-up before I finished mine.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

For reference, I switch between 764/754 and use 734 for contour. I would love to use 964 as this is the best match overall because I find the 7 ranges too beige on me, but unfortunately, that shade is not available in my country, except in powder foundation.

I have oily/combination skin and I wanted to try this because I've read excellent reviews about Nobara foundation (the one on the pan that was discontinued), and I'm not disappointed.

Even if this is not recommended on oily/combination skin, I still often use this especially during the colder days, where there are dry and oily patches on my skin. The finish is semi-matte, the coverage is build-able and the product long lasting. I make sure that the setting powder I use is sheer, as to not make my face look flat w/ a matte finish setting powder.

The packaging is very clever. This comes in a tube and you just swivel the bottom part for the stick to come out, just like lipstick.

Many have complained that this foundation emphasized dry patches, but I found it best to use this with a wet sponge as opposed to a damp foundation brush. I tend to layer on a lot of product using a damp brush, resulting to a very matte finish, and it does settle on dry patches. But if I use a wet sponge, I can sheer it out, lightly press (never sweep) the damp sponge on dry patches and the finish is very smooth and polished.

I will definitely buy this product again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fellow MU reviewer Dodobat provided the best review for this product: texture, finish, application (I agree the wet sponge method is amazing - check you tube video by Gossmakeupartist for reference). I put the product on my face - not on the sponge - and then use a wet sponge to give a uniform finish. I subsequently dip the sponge into the stick and lightly use more product where required with very light strokes (under the eyes, the odd spot, discoloration). I finish with the Shu Uemura or Laura Mercier transucent powder (puff - press and roll and take the excess off with a clean fluffy brush). The result is spectacular! The Nobara stick is a great product if you travel a lot as it saves space on concealer and it does not count towards the 100ml liquid limit. A fantastic selection of colours (I am NC15/20 and I use 784). Really impressive foundation. 4 lippies because of the price, £30 and the poor packaging. The stick tends to get stuck and does not go back in the tube. But overall this product is well worth it.

** EDIT: the weather is now much colder and this foundation is not delivering. My skin is getting drier and this product cannot keep up and looks cakey and too dry. I am not even thinking about using a powder with this now! I much prefer Burberry in trench 1 (NC15) and Chanel Vitalumiere + Mac white face and body. If you have dry skin this foundation may be an option for summer but NOT for the rest of they year. Pretty much a waste of money.