October 26, 2014 | 1633 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - Golden Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought no 31 in this after I lost my fave nude-gold EA gloss. It is very expensive but its also very luxurious!!! I just love the texture, fragrance and shimmer in this gloss. Because its a nude/beige gold, I can layer it with lots of lipsticks and it gives them a nice gold shimmer. Mostly I pair it with a nude lipstick or just by itself. I will buy a couple more shades for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by primavolta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never ever been a lip gloss girl.. until now! My YSL MA put #19 (Golden Petal) over a neutral-pink lipstick and I absolutely fell in love. In the past I always avoided wearing glosses because they always seem to be ultra sticky and I could never keep my long hair from getting stuck to my lips. This gloss is moisturizing and has that "tacky" texture but is not sticky. The shades I own (#19 and #42) provide subtle color while the golden sparkle provides that extra girly pop with a nice healthy looking gloss. Both shades I own are pinks (#19 is lighter and more on the beige side, # 42 more of a candy pink) because I'm starting to prefer them to lipstick for day wear, but I would love to try one of the reds for evening or one of the real "golden" shades over a lipstick. Compared to other YSL products the price is not bad at all, and definitely great quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Civilian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought my 2nd tube today and just had to comment on how great this product is! Love love love it!!! The first one I bought was #12 Golden Cinnamon, and it is a nice neutral color. It is a rosy-brown that is a great nude tone when worn over bare lips or a nude lip liner. Today I got #40 Golden Impertinence. It looks bright hot pink in the tube, but on the lips it is a sheer warm pink. Very wearable, even for work. The thing I love most about this gloss is how moisturizing it is. It has nigelle and camelline oils in it (don't have a clue what those are!!!) and it leaves my lips soft long after the color has worn off. I guess some people say this is a sticky gloss, but to me it isn't - I would call it highly moisturizing. Of course there is some "tack" due to the oils, but it is far less sticky to me than other glosses I own. The color lasts longer than other glosses as well, and I find myself reapplying it just because I want to, not because I need to. Yes, this is shimmery, but the gold in this gloss is just enough to add some oomph to the lips and to catch the light. The gloss does have a fairly strong scent of mango or fruit, but I don't mind it. It fades after a while, anyway. I keep this in my purse or coat pocket at all times, because I can't say enough about how great this gloss makes my lips look and feel. The drawback to this gloss is of course the $30 price tag, but I spend more than $30 total on other lower quality lip glosses and lipsticks that I end up sticking in a box and never using again. I use this every single day, so to me, it is worth it. I intend to buy another tube when I get a little extra $ in my pocket (#2 Golden Praline).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by hollycoffeebean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the #36 Golden Chocolate that was out for the holidays. This is my most favorite lip gloss! It is the perfect rich brown that goes over like sheer gloss so it isn't too gothy dark brown but still has enough pigment in it to look gorgeous. Very shimmery too.

It is very thick so it stays on for a long time. I love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Liv90

Golden gloss #30
I bought this as a cheer-me-up and fell in love, which is terrible because this little stick of glamor is $34 cad at holts, ouch. But worth it, its called golden gloss for a reason so i dont understand why people complain about the reminisce of glitter left after it dries dries off. the fact that the glitter remains after the gloss is gone also helps keep my lips looking shiny till i can touch up again. This was a cheer up purchase so I bought the more glamorous one, but i was split between this and number #38 which is just a sheer nude with a slight peach undertone.
the difference between the two is that golden gloss, has golden flakes (of course), and it smells much sweeter (i think it has mango scent). #30 and #38 were the same price which really convinced me to get #30 instead.
I took off one lippie because of the price, Mac's lipglass is nearly half the price at $17.50 (it's my next buy). Other than that, i love it. descent brush, lovely gold top cover (though it could be packaged like its lipsticks with the mirror on the product too so it could be used like a mirror), makes me feel so hot and so happy :) if youre feeling down, definitely a pick-me-up purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by iluvMUA

These are some of my favorite Glosses. Very Pretty colors and I like the smell of this gloss. (Smells like Mango).

I will buy these over and over. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by farah0718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product had horrible staying power, did not go on nicely and had huge flecks of glitter which remained on the lips after it dries out which is not a very good look. This product is definetly not worth its price and will definetly not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by bebexlove

On a whim I fell in love with this gloss in #31. The color is very neutral/nude and looks very lovely on my lips. I have semi-pigmented lips so I was afraid this shade might not work but I must say it makes my lips gorgeous.. a bit of MLBB. The gold flecks are a nice little touch.. I have been very into glittery/shimmery glosses lately so this was a huge plus.
I love the smell of it (although I can see how some people might not like it.. but not my case!)..
Smooth texture and not sticky as other glosses can get.
Only thing I would change about this gloss is the application. (knocked down a lippie) personal preference, really. I much prefer a doe-foot over a actual brush.. but overall definitely worth it and I would definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think the packaging looks really pretty on this. The gloss itself, while it had a kind of weird smell to me, looks really nice when put on. I like that it has colour when on the lips, unlike a lot of glosses. I also liked the gold glitter which came through. On the other hand, it doesn't feel like a gloss that you can just wear during the day - it's more like a lipstick, but one that you'd only wear when going out. But of course the staying power isn't huge so you'd have to keep reapplying. For all that, it's my favourite lip gloss.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by halwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These were the most over hyped glosses I have tried. Did not like the gold glitter (flecks?) that were visible and were left all over my lips. If you are familiar with Chanel glossimers they feel like the glittery ones. Very gritty and uncomfortable. I tried 3-4 of them and did not like any. The gold one looked nice but I can't stand the gold glitter left overs. As well, these are heavily scented and fragranced (though tbh, it does not bother me with products if I like the look and feeling). I purchased two at the store, but they will be going back because of the noticeable glitter that I saw when I got home from the tester. I prefer Chanel aqualumiere gloss or Laura Mercier lip glace to these any day. Will never purchase these again.