Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

4.4

Aqua (Water), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA, Olea Europaea (Olive) Husk Oil, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate.

Brilliant pre-shampoo conditioning treatment, albeit very expensive. Makes the hair supple, shiny and extremely well conditioned. Can't afford it right now but when I can I get the huge litre bottle from QVC for around 50 or 55 UK pounds when they have it in stock. If all it contained was castor oil I would use just that, but there are lots of other lovely ingredients in it including hydrolysed elastin, hence hair has that wonderful bounce after use. Dropped one lippie due to price but otherwise HG stuff! UPDATE: I have found a very similar product in my local Asian grocery shop - Vatika Night Hair Cream. The instructions aren't clear enough to read without a microscope(!) but I use it the same way as Elasticizer and my hair turns out almost the same. It doesn't contain Elastin but a lot of the other ingredients are in there as well as some extra ones such as honey and almond, plus it's in more convenient 140ml pots and much cheaper by volume. I slightly prefer Elasticizer but I'm alternating with the Vatika.

on 5/23/2013 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an unique product although I dislike pre-shampoo treatment. I've normal, natural wavy Asian hair and they look healthy before color treatment and regular perming. After using Elasticizer pre-shampoo, my hair feel soft & smooth with volume which is a surprise. 10ml each is adequate for my long hair. I'm debating to get myself a 500ml of the original or extreme version.

Elasticizer is not the best deep moisturizing hair mask in the market and some of you may dislike it. If you have coarse & dry hair, coconut oil or deep moisturizing hair mask provides better result in moisturizing frizzy hair. Try Elasticizer Extreme if you like to explore this brand.

on 4/17/2013 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I must say this product is good.

I have curly hair with a lot of fly aways and it is super dry. But I leave it on for an entire day and my curls are perfect!! I have no frizz.I don't know if you are supposed to do that since it is a pre-shampoo treatment.

Once I wash it ( I use conditioner and no shampoo- check out : co-washing) the frizz are back but y hair feels soft and it def gives the hair extra bounce!

I would recommend this to a friend but don't expect miracles either.

on 1/21/2013 3:50:00 PM

I bought the elasticizer based on all the raving reviews everywhere on the internet. I have blond hair with highlights, but last year I got it overprocessed after a bad colouring at the hairdresser so it was in a very bad shape. I hoped the elasticizer would make it better, and it did give me softer hair, but only after the first use (after the next uses the mask did nothing for my hair). If you have very damaged hair, i recommend the redken extreme line, which really works, instead of this one.

I don't get the love for this product but on reading other reviews, I suspect it's great at mending damaged, processed hair. My hair is coarse and frizzy but it isn't processed and as I don't use heat on it, it's in as good condition as it ever will be (it just looks terrible - naturally terrible). This product does nothing for it. If anything it makes it thicker and bulkier and it makes it feel kind of stiff and crunchy whereas what I was hoping for was softness and frizz reduction.

on 12/16/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

How did I survive without this product? LOVE it!! Definite HG product.Easily one of the best hair treatments out there for ANY hair type. I have mixed-race wavy/curly hair and WOW has this made a difference!

I feel I should point out that this isnít an anti-frizz product. What this has done for me is change the texture of my hair. Now, my hair FEELS softer, LOOKS softer + shinier and it has made brushing through dry hair so much easier! I used to have to overload my hair with products and brush it twice a day just to keep things under control.
No more!

How I Use It:
Wet hair. Squeeze excess water. Work Elasticizer into hair, and cover hair with a shower cap. Leave on for an hour then rinse thoroughly and shampoo & condition as usual. I use once or twice a week. (If you have fine virgin hair, you'll only need to use it once or twice a month).

The only down side is its price. First time buyers should definitely purchase a small size (like the 40ml) and see how it works for them.

Also. Elasticizer improved the condition of my hair gradually. It'll take a few uses to really see results...although you'll notice them after the first try!

on 12/9/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This and the Extreme are the ultimate moisturizing treatments! I absolutely love the effect on my hair!

on 12/8/2012 7:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is hands down the best hair product i've come across. i've used it 3 or 4 times over the last few weeks and my frizz-prone waves have turned into soft bouncy curls. in fact strangers have started to compliment my hair - and let me tell you that's never happened before ;-) i don't know how this goes on straight hair, but if you want to turn your curls around this is the product. this stuff is 110% HG :D

on 10/26/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this hair treatment, I alternate it with Kerastase treatments about every 2 months. Its a bit different from usual hair treatments as you put it in before shampooing but it works just as well, if not better. My hair always feels well nourished and light after using this product and after a few weeks of use starts to feel stronger. It is quite expensive but you can buy it in 500ml or 1000ml containers which works out at much better value for money.

on 8/12/2012 5:51:00 PM

This is a HG product as far as I'm concerned. I have shoulder length, coloured hair and while I treat it well and try not to use heat on it every day I am trying to grow it and I've found it's definitely started to look longer and shinier since I've used this. I also used it on a recent holiday as a treatment to keep it hydrated on the beach and poolside, which worked a treat!!
I originally had it in a tube which came in a travel set which I personally think is better for application than the jar the full size comes in.

Popular Hair Products