TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am N15 and this is too dark and too orange on me. I had read many glowing reviews and had high hopes but alas it looks like cheap, muddy bronzer on my pale cheeks. Packaging is fine -- the usual fun, playful marketing that The Balm always brings us -- and the texture is almost creamy, which is perfect for a non-streaky application. Sadly the tone is too warm and shade too dark for a PPP like me so I will not re-purchase. I will try this again when it isn't the dead of winter to see if this will be a better fit at that point for my unintentionally darker skin. I can see why this product is popular as it provides a nice warm glow that would look great on someone darker than an N20. The sparkle in this is not overly refined so if you're looking for sublety, this would probably not be your favorite luminizer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The truth is that I have mixed feelings for this product.

I find that it has great quality. The powder is fine, with no chunks of glitter and it blends great. It is very pigmented and very intense. The golden glow that offers you is truly beautiful.

If this is what you ask from a highlighter then go for it and you won't be disappointed.

But If you are looking for something more subtle, more classy and ultra fine, something that you can wear on daytime and look like you are glowing from within, then this is not what you should buy (Laura Mercier's matte radiance baked powder highlighter is).

Don't get me wrong, I really like it. But since I have oily skin I think that sometimes it looks too much. I only use it on nights out or when I want to look really really glowy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gee. What to say here that hasn't already been said. Beautiful light champane color, pigmented like you wouldn't believe, fairy-dust-finely milled. Stunning. Apart from highlighting, this is also beautiful and super useful and versatile as an eyeshadow. And there's just a ton of it in the pan. I've had mine for almost two years, I've used it a lot and there's barely a dent on the surface. It's not dirt cheap per se, but considering the quality and quantity it's a steal.
If you like highlighting and enjoy highlighter as a part of your everyday or special occasion routine, you'll love this.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I CANT EVEN
This stuff cannot be highly spoken of enough so I'm going to break this down for you.

1) Pigmentation- This stuff is SOOO pigmented, you will never ever ever get through all of it because you need to use so little of it.

2) Colour- the colour is stunning!!! You could use this as an eyeshadow as well as a highlight because its so pigmented and just a stunning colour. Its a very light champagne colour.

3) Quality- this stuff is SOOO finely milled. With super pigmented products you have to be careful because obviously if its thickly milled you're going to look cakey and weird. But this stuff is so finely milled that you're always going to look stunning and glowy because you will never ever look cheap and nasty!

All in all this is a ride or die holy grail and I have tried every single highlighter you could imagine!!! This stuff just looks so expensive and flawless on your face and is the most stunning colour when the light hits it.
This is my true love.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In all seriousness, this highlighter is STUNNING.

I finally got my hands on this product after pining after it for about a year and it was well worth the wait. First of all, I adore the packaging, it's sleek and fun and feels sturdy in my grip. The highlight itself is a truly gorgeous nude/golden champagne color omg.

I find the powder to be extremely pigmented and soft but not at all crumbly. I use a morphe fan brush to apply it, which is my favorite method, and it sits beautifully on the skin. It's definitely intense but not glittery or excessively shiny. You could definitely build it up to whatever intensity your heart desires but a little does go a long way. It gives a breathtaking glow that isn't too shimmery in my opinion and catches the light in a very flattering way. This also works as a great wash of color on the lids!

I really cannot say enough about this highlighter. You get a ton of product for a great price and it's beyond gorgeous. I find it wears very well throughout the day on my oily skin, even though I get the most oil in the center of my face. It also didn't irritate my sensitive skin thank goodness.

I wear this almost every day and I highly recommend checking this out. It's heavenly!

So I've been reading the positive reviews here about this product for a long time and finally decided to try it. I went to 3 different stores and this was always out of stock so I thought, "Damn, it must be THAT good!" Anyway, I finally managed to get my hands on one, and I've to say that it really is worth the hype. I wasn't big or even that bothered about highlighting/strobing before, but this makes it so easy and enjoyable. The color is the loveliest pale gold, suitable for most, if not all, complexions. I'm quite fair myself but this shows up wonderfully and without looking garish. It's so buttery that you only have to dip your brush ever-so-gently on it to get the right amount. It stays on my lids, cheeks, and chin for hours, despite my oily(ish) complexion. I've dropped it once but thankfully, it didn't shatter. You get a really good amount of product for the price, though I wish they'd make a smaller, more portable version of this--perhaps without the mirror? I think it would take more than 3 years for me to finish this, but if I lost it or this breaks horribly, I'd definitely repurchase in a heartbeat.

Best highlighter ever! It goes great on most skin tones! Seriously I don't even know what to say because its such a great highlighter. The only con is that it broke so easy! I still use it broken and all because its worth using broken or not. Fleekish highlight with this one!

If you like that golden nude glow, this is the product for you. Cindy-Lou Manizer is pink toned and the Betty-Lou Manizer is a bronze toned more suitable for darker skin tones. I bought all three before but Mary-Lou suited me best.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

IN LOVE. That is all.
This highlighter is such perfection I can't rave on about it enough. It is a soft champagne shade with a beautiful gold sheen. Its a very fine powder so if you hate those highlighters that are pure chunks of glitter on your face then this is definitely a choice for you. Its definitely not a subtle highlighter, but it doesn't go on heavy or too shimmery either.
I'm confident in saying this a pretty universally flattering shade because I think it will work well on everyone. I'm very fair myself and usually I'd say that gold highlighters are reserved specifically for people with darker skin tones than my own, but with the Mary Lou its just simply not the case. It accentuates the areas I need it to whilst looking natural and not too much. Of course if you wanna sparkle you can pack it on no problem.
The next best part about this highlighter is that it is a lot of product for how much you pay! Its £17.50 (around $25) for 0.30 oz which is pretty big compared to most highlighters and blushes. I feel like its going to take forever to use up since you need only the slightest amount to get a beautiful shimmery glow.
Overall, I would buy this again and again. I have sidelined pretty much all of my other highlighters because this is the best one I currently own. Recommend this to all who love to glow!

AMAZING PRODUCT!!! Best highlighter, such a lovely shiner on your face! Really enhances your cheekbones

Top Rated TheBalm Products