September 1, 2014 | 2090 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Jitney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I get confused when I see swatches of this online - are you guys digging into the pan and swatching it multiple times? Because I could barely get ANY pigmentation or color payoff using fingers or my Hakuhodo brush. Don't get me wrong, the actual sheen/color itself is pretty, but the application is VERY faint. The only good thing about this product is the packaging, which is cheeky and fun. I was contemplating keeping the product JUST for the cute compact, but ending swapping it away. I had better pigmentation with Physician Formula's Happy Booster face powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Barbirivera

This is my HG highlighter. I don't have many so I'm not a highlight guru by any means but this product is great for beginners like myself. It is a champagne color, VERY pigmented, the packaging is great, it's a generous amount of product and it looks really pretty on lighter skin tones. I would totally recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by mwalter95

I love this stuff!!! It will last so long as well so the price is decent

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Now this stuff is actually worth the hype! Like many others I purchased this for nearly 50% off on HauteLook, and while shipping took nearly 3 years I was so pleased when the product finally arrived. It's a beautiful true light champagne highlighter that does not look chalky, dry, or too glittery. It has JUST the right amount of shimmer and gives your face a healthy glow during both summer and winter months. A little goes a long way so use a light hand when applying. Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out of this bad boy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The perfect highlighter. I use it on my cheekbones, brow bones, inner corners, cupids bow, nose bridge and even as an eyeshadow. It's such a brilliant product! Cute packaging too, and you get a lot of product for your money. Beautiful neutral champagne color. But a little goes a long way when you apply it. I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by iloveiah

Where do I even start???

This product is so versatile, light, odorless, and build-able. And the cute packaging is just a cherry on top. Plus Ive drop it a million times and it has not shatter or budged. I've have this product for almost a year and a half now and I JUST hit pan. It's really pigmented so a little goes just a long way.

It's not one of those highlighters where you can literally see spects of glitter. This formula is so fine then when it's applied onto the skin it just gives off that naturally glistening sheen look. I put it on anywhere.
Some days I don't even want to where eyeshadow and I'll just dab a bit on the center of my eye lids and pop on an eyeliner, mascara and I'll look fresh and alive.

It may be on the pricey side but I think it worth it. This product is a must have.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by livloper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really in love with this product. When I was first introduced to highlighters, I thought this one was just too much, but now that I understand how to use a highlighter, this is the only one I will use. It is absolutely gorgeous, especially on olive skin tones like myself. I think it would be too much on someone very fair or very dark but that's just me personally.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

I love this highlighter! I'm a nc35 in mac and it goes perfectly with my skin tone without looking fake. It gives a luminous glow and blends well on my skin. The only little con I have was the glue sticking the pan to the compact was dodgy and it fell out but easily fixed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by yolanda71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It is a perfect highlighter. I am using it with two ways. I apply it all over my face with circular motion with MAC 182 Buffer brush and very light hand. It gives me a terrific glowy look! At my work, all my colleagues they wonder what i did to my face! The second way is with Real Techniques Setting Brush. Bridge of the nose, cheekbones etc.
As a eyeshadow creases easily but it does not bother me. I have other eyeshadows with similar color. Also my skin turns a bit oily after a few hours but it is not a big problem for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by ZSM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this highlighter for a year now and I've used it daily on my inner corners of the eye to open up the eyes, and sometimes (usualy for an evening look) on the cheekbones, browbones and temples of the forehead for a dewy, luminous face. The powder is so pigmented that you only need the smallest amount, and thats why my Mary-Lou Manizer almost looks new even after one year of use. So you get a lot of product for your money.

The reason why I like this product so much is because it's not glittery at all but glowy, and it looks completeley natural on the skin both when I'm pale and a bit tan. Also, it stays put all day (or night) long. Because it's so pigmented, you'll have to blend it out if you accidentally take too much product, and maybe it's this step the negative reviewers miss. There's no other highlighter for me.