April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Sonia Kashuk - Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 (tube)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Princessnguyeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried out this product, I loved it immediately because it was great coverage, my skin tone was even and I thought it was awesome. I would layer it after my toner and then set it with powder but throughout the day, I became very oily and it was not the bidness. This moisturizer is great for anyone with dry skin because I was a combination before and now I'm beyond oily thanks to this product. It also has a very yucky smell when you apply it on your face. I would not buy this tinted moisturizer ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Andrea428

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a pretty average tinted moisturizer. I use the Beige shade and it matches my skin tone better than most foundations I've tried. I have a lot of yellow undertones in my skin so most foundations are too pink or orange for me. However, this particular tinted moisturizer matches my skin almost perfectly. It also has very good coverage for a tinted moisturizer but unfortunately, it rubs off pretty easily because it isn't really a foundation so lasting power is minimal. On the other hand, it's not very moisturizing so I wouldn't go and use this without a moisturizer unless you have fairly oily skin. The price for this is also pretty good, considering how much you get.

However, the big issue I have with this product is that I think it may cause breakouts. I'm not sure what's in the product that causes me to have breakouts at times but I know I'm not alone because many others have the same experiences. My skin doesn't completely breakout like crazy but it is definitely seems comedogenic. Thus, if you are looking for a good tinted moisturizer that is somewhat lighter than a foundation and you aren't too worried about break outs, this could certainly work for you. Just be careful if you are acne-prone!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by aprestoutbrille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate giving this product a horrible review since I really like Sonia Kashuk's Mascara but this tinted moisturizer completely messed up my skin. I have very clear complexion, my skin is very clear and pimple-free yet I just wanted a tinted moisturizer to even out my skin tone. The first couple of uses I really liked how it gave me an even skin tone but I did notice the thickness of the product and how I actually felt it on my skin. (Which is not good! Why would you want to feel your tinted moisturizer on you..?) I did happen to brush that off as I said, I did like my evened skin tone look.

But after perhaps two weeks or less, I noticed my skin broke out all over my forehead! Something of which NEVER happens! I have used so many brand names and I have never EVER experience such acne in my entire life! Not only did I break out on my ENTIRE forehead but it made me get pimples on my eyebrows, on the side of my face and pimples on my cheeks!

Because I was breaking out so much, I decided not to wear any makeup. Of course at the time I did not know that it was this tinted moisturizer that was the sole reason of my break out, but since I stopped using it, my sweet honey child the break outs have stopped! Whew! Now I am working on getting back to the way my skin was before I broke out due I this tinted moisturizer. Sigh. Wish I never used this on my clear skin. I noticed that this tinted moisturizer was too gloppy and thick(yet liquidy, sorry don't know how to explain it)as well when using it day after day. And since it comes out of a tube, the product would come out in excess and was just sometimes a big mess.

To be fair, it could be the Sonia Kashuk primer I used underneath all this tinted moisturizer that could of caused my major break outl. Either way, I don't think Sonia Kashuk face makeup is very good. Not for my face any way considering this was the first face makeup product I used that caused a major break out on my face.
So upset... Clear skin, please come back :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by meanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use a tinted moisturizer (which came in a pump bottle by Sonia Kashuk many years ago which I recall being pretty decent.

Anyways, I really wanted to like this tinted moisturizer. The price is right and Linen is a good color match for my light Asian skin. Unfortunately, this broke me out terribly. At first, I wasn't sure if this TM was the culprit so I kept using it for about a month. My face didn't clear up until I stopped using it.

Aside from breaking me out, I thought this product was just okay. It's a bit dry and matte for my taste. I prefer more of a dewy finish.

Needless to say, I did not finish the product and do not plan on repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by snoopy68

Love, Love, Love this SK tinted moisturizer! I've been using it for years and I swear by it. I absolutely hate the feel of foundation on my face and over the years I've started getting redness in the cheek and nose area. A bit of the SK Hidden Agenda Concealer and this tinted moisturizer covers those issues perfectly. It evens out my skin tone without greasiness, dryness, or a mask-like feel. Instead I get a dewy glow. I even mix some of the SK illuminator with this moisturizer if I need an extra boost, especially for those extremely tired mornings or if I had one too many cocktails the prior evening. It never creates an acne problem for me. And it lasts FOREVER. I buy a tube of this about every 9-10 months. All I need is a small dab that I mix on the back of my hand and then apply sparingly to the areas of my face where I feel that I do require coverage. I have light skin and I find that the Linen works very well for my tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by MapleBlossom2

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for several years and never realized until looking at the swatch how much this oxidizes! Having said that, it is a no-brainer to slap on, good consistency, light coverage, and nice packaging and price. I am about NC30 and wear this in Beige.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Greensleeves27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Another product which turned my super fair skin orange. I'm making an appointment with the dermatologist instead. Wish me luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by feeef89

About a week ago I looked in the mirror at a party and was horrified. All the makeup I pile on and my acne is still showing through terribly. Not only that but I finally felt like my acne was simply getting out of control and I needed to try something new. So I decided to stop wearing all this makeup that was bogging down my skin and not even covering my acne. That was a HUGE decision because I like most women have not gone without makeup in years and use it as a safety blanket and feel vulnerable and exposed without foundation. So I skipped the layers: 2 foundations, concealer, powder, bronzer, eyeshadow, etc. I only applied blush and mascara with my usual moisturizer and wiped my face with Hydrogen Peroxide (HP) twice a day. It felt great to "bare it all" in public and not care what anyone thinks. Loved the feeling. After about a week my skin actually started to improve, the HP helps a lot! Redness and acne calmed down noticeably and my skin just looked better. But still my old acne scars, some redness, and under-eye circles were staring me down. So I hit the web to research BB creams and found some good reviews about one of L'Oreals BB creams but no local stores seemed to carry that one so I decided to keep looking around in Target and see what else is available. I saw this tinted moisturizer and decided to give it a shot. I've never tried a TM before but it sounded a lot better than foundation. It was pretty pricey, almost $14 before tax. It has 1.75 oz (most tubes are 1 oz so I'm loving that extra .75 oz for about the same price) in a cute long squeeze tube. I bought the second shade Linen and I'm in between 150 and 180 in Revlon ColorStay, 130 in Revlon Nearly Naked, LF4 in Flower, and around a NC20 in Mac. I'm of Arab heritage with pale hazel/gray eyes, medium brown hair, and a pale, slightly yellow skin-tone that slightly tans and doesn't burn in the sun. Also, lately my skin has been a bit dry. Now for the actual product: I like it! It gives your face that extra something to even it out a bit and just make your skin look naturally nice. It DOES NOT look like you obviously have it on like foundation does especially over acne areas. It looks natural. Being a tinted moisturizer I didn't expect it to mask my flaws or anything. It covers a bit and just gives a lovely healthy glow. It has been three days now and I am really glad I bought it. So far I have not noticed any break-outs apart from the stuff that is already there. So if your skin needs a break give this a shot, I think you will like it too! ---This is my first review on this site, so if it helped you in any way please leave a thumbs up! <3

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MarissaRissaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a tinted moisturizer so I don't expect a ton of coverage. I use the lightest shade (Fair) and it is definitely only a tiny amount of coverage. If you have a lot of redness, this won't do anything for you. It feels light on my skin though which is great for humid, summer days. I just have to rely on my trusty concealer also. I imagine the coverage could be buildable. There is no orange tint which is my favorite thing about this TM. It is a bit pricey, but the tube is big and I only need a pea size amount for my whole face. Overall, it works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by MACmamax2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont like wearing foundation so I figured tinted moisturizer would be best. It does! It evens out the skin, looks natural and I definitely recommend it if you don't like wearing foundation. It is pretty pricey for a drugstore product and recently it went up a few dollars ive noticed. Also, you can only get it at target