E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

I was pleasantly shocked by this product. For only $6 I didn't really have high hopes. I just bought this because I needed something to set my liquid foundation. But this stuff applied super soft and sheer and totally blurred any pores or fine lines. I wouldn't recommend this to tanner individuals because I can tell it does do a bit of lightening, but I like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got this because of the reviews and to make my cart full for free shipping. I got the translucent and the beige and I wrote a review for the other one in the other slot, which I don't really like as much. They're both pretty finely milled, the "translucent" one more so, but I don't like how white it leaves me. It honestly doesn't do much of anything. This one is better since it's at least flesh toned and acts more like a powder, but it doesn't thrill me as anything special. Although I do like the supposed SPF (I say supposed, because idk how well it works as a powder and do use a cream spf as well). I also think the containers are kinda bulky. I'd hang on to them for now, but I wouldn't get these again, they're just ok.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a decent powder. But since it's and HD powder, you need to use a very light hand. Or you can do what I do and that's buffing a pressed FLESH TONED powder over your face. Not only does that eliminate the flash back for me, but it helps to further blend my makeup.

The packaging can be a bit messy. But it can be remedied by replacing the skimpy puff it comes with, with a fluffier one from a beauty supply store. Or just being careful not to be so willy nilly when sticking a brush in the container.

There are no claims for oil control. But I dont find myself overly shiny with this either. For the price, one could try it out without the guilt of spending a larger sum. I've lost and replaced this powder 2x. But I dont ever actually see myself running out of it lol

I use this product to set my under eyes and I love that it makes my skin feel softer and helps prevent creasing. BUT I used it for homecoming pictures and when I got all my pictures taken with flash back my under eyes had the WORST flashback and it looked like I painted it white. DO NOT RECCOMMEND due to the horrible flashback in photos.

Hey its cheap! But it is the most disgusting powder I have ever used during my lifetime. This product sucks! I tried applying this over my face and it makes you look so cakey and horrible, I only use it to matify my lipstick and thats all! Horrible horrible product. Would not recommend at all, please listen to me and dont buy this. Also I never write reviews but for this I did. I used this product once and had to remove off all my makeup and try again, absolutely horrible.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is maybe not an HG, but definitely my current go-to and has been for a while. I'm aware of the dangers of HD powder with flash photography, but I blink any time flash is involved, so no matter what I do, the picture is ruined anyway. That being said, I've personally never seen it show up in photos, but I'm also on the paler side of the spectrum. It's definitely less intensely white than Make Up For Ever's HD powder. One complaint would be that the container is very large and therefore difficult to travel with, and the product dispenses too generously. I could do with a lot less coming out all at once. As for usage, I always toss the powder puff that comes with it and use a brush with a very light hand. A little seems to go a long way and I like the way it feels a silky on my skin. I like that it's translucent so it doesn't change the color of my foundation. Though not intended as a setting powder, this works great for setting my foundation and blending my makeup as well as providing light-duty oil control throughout the day.

This stuff is amazing! Doesn't cake up, holds make up for a long long time! I've been wearing my make up for more than 10 hours today only touched up with this powder once. My makeup still looks so fresh! Doesn't look heavy either and it's so CHEAP! Love! Would recommend to everybody!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Allow me to spare a few souls from potentially enduring the tragic embarrassment I faced by using this powder:

I've owned this product for nearly a year now, but didn't actually use it until June of this year. I was attending my brother's graduation - a day I knew would be picture after picture and I wanted to put my best face forward. HD powder sounded like the right product for occasion, right? Wrong.

I have a medium/tan skintone. I dusted the powder *lightly* over my face and neck (it's stark white and on tan skin I found that even a little excess made me look almost ashy). In the mirror, I looked great! Okay, maybe slightly lighter than my usual tone, but Indians are always trying to look fairer than they really are, so I can't say I minded.

The graduation ceremony ended and the picture taking began... Flash after flash until I was nearly blind. I left feeling confident that I'd acquired at least one good shot for my new profile picture. I decided to take one last selfie with my bro - with the flash on - and what I saw was horrific.

My face was white in the picture. WHITE. As if I had been wearing some sort of theatrical white face paint. Hands shaking, I took another without the flash, this time. I dared to look...I appeared normal. It wasn't my face, really. It was the flash of the camera on that wretched HD powder!!

I bolted to catch my family, grabbing their phones like a maniac and deleting every white, pasty faced image of myself that I could find. Crazed with fear of my ghostly face showing up on Facebook, I chased after anyone else who may have captured a shot of my brother and I with his friends.

They escaped. My mission continues...

This has been by far my worst experience with any powder. The powder seems soft and light I'm the package (which has been the messiest I've ever seen), but when I put it on my face it feels cakey. If that isn't a bad enough feature for a powder, it basically ate through my makeup. I had used Cover FX cream foundation and it penetrated the full coverage instantly. I had to clean my entire face and start over because of how terrible this product is. I suppose of you use nearly no makeup under it, it may work, but this was terrible. DO NOT BUY.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought this and have been using it for three days now. I have large pores on my cheeks and oily skin. People are complaining about it not doing anything for oil. Uh, it doesn't say it is an oil control powder. So you can't complain about claims a product never made. I pat it on with the puff it comes with after my foundation and then use a skin tone matching powder over everything. I see complaints that this powder is messy. Really? All you do is keep the puff in the top, turn the container over to get the powder onto the puff, , remove said puff and blot onto your face. No mess. If you're using a powder brush and sifting powder into the cap well then yeah, you'll have somewhat of a mess but nothing serious. I have no had any messes when using this powder. I don't feel like my skin is perfect after using the powder but for $6 I think it does a nice job of creating a softer look. I'd recommend this for people on a budget or those that just don't wanna spend the amount that MUFE or Laura Mercier costs.

Video Reviews & Tutorials