December 21, 2014 | 962 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by SilverAngel621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros
very finely milled
leaves skin silky
price 6 bucks
love the puff that comes with it (so soft!)

cons
packaging.....pfft, damn flimsy packaging

So i have the shimmer one and the translucent one. The translucent does not leave a white cast, just blend, bend, blend. The shimmer one is very subtle but use it sparingly. i mostly use it as a highlighter. All in all, a hit E.L.F.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by amberoliver2014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently bought this because of a thing I read on pinterest. For $6 its nowhere near the most expensive product I've ever bought and I figured if it got good reviews all around, why not try it out. I have very oily skin which can be extremely picky about what I use on it. I've had products get cakey and gross,or too shiny and make my face look worse or magnify my pores. If it can happen with makeup it has. So I was a little worried when I saw that this stuff was considered clear. I really did not want to deal with a disco ball for a face. Well I put some on over clean skin in the pickup after buying it and the first thing I noticed about it was the way it felt. It felt like silk on my face! So smooth and soft! I used it to set my makeup today and I love it. It has lasted me all day and kept me matte without the fear of being a disco ball. It is still silky smooth after several hours of wear.. The only downside I see to it is what others have complained about. It is very messy. I refuse to use the little puff that came with it. I thought I would just throw it away and exclusively use my powder brush but I'm glad I didn't throw it away. The first couple times I opened it after taking the puff out was a nightmare! There was dust flying around everywhere! I couldn't keep anything clean and wondered to myself how other people used loose powder if it was that messy! Then I got on here and read about people keeping the puff in it to control how much product came out. I promptly put my puff back in and have a lot less mess. So while this product is amazing and I believe everyone should use it, do not throw your puff away. Keep it in the container, then take it out when you want to use the powder and dab your brush in. A very little bit goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by TropicEssence

I love this stuff ! I don't like wearing normal colored powder because it tends to exaggerate my imperfections and/or look cakey, so I was trying to find an alternative with the purpose of setting my foundation and controlling oil. This product works ! I do use the sponge it comes with, I just blot the product around my face, and to avoid the white film I just run my hands over my face as if I was feeling the softness of my cheeks.

I do not know why people said negative things about the packaging. I've had the same packaging for it for about a year and a half. I've never spilled it , and never had the powder end up everywhere. As long as you keep the sponge in the package, it will prevent the product from 'exploding' or ending up messy. Even if you don't use the sponge, keep it in the package to prevent messes !

I love this and will not search for an alternative. E.L.F. Got it right. Lasts all day, mattifies, controls oil, with no white cast.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by chilipepper12390

When I say this has been one of the best beauty discoveries I've made in YEARS, I'm not exaggerating. I dunno how I lived without this stuff. It is absolutely amazing at controlling oil! It's dirt cheap, easily available, and last pretty much all day for me. I will often work 10 or 12hour days, in a mix of heat and sometimes humidity. I sweat, I get gross, I probably get stinky, but this powder stays on my face, keeps me absolutely matte and holds my makeup in place for the better part of 9 hours. I may have to touch up at the very end of my shift when I see a bit of oil peeking though, or if I get really really sweaty, but for the price tag I can live with that. When I pair it with a primer or my Elta MD uv clear sunscreen it will keep me matter for 10 + hours. Just so you know I have oily skin, with a very oil t zone. I've tried both this and the MUFE HD powder. Go with this one. Works just the same and a fraction of the cost. Loveeeee! Cons:the only con this product has is its messiness. You can't really carry it around with you unless you want a huge powdery mess everywhere in your purse. Also I have heard others say that this powder leaves a cast when photographed. I haven't experience this, but maybe watch out when taking photos.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I have no idea why it took me so long to try this .. I bought this a week ago and absolutely fell in love !!

The product itself is so fine . It's translucent and does not magnify my gigantic pores. I put this on after I am finished with all my makeup. I just take a kabuki brush and lightly dust this over my entire face then go for a second layer on my t-zone .

I bartend at a nightclub so it actually keeps my face shine free from 3pm till I leave at 4am !! Amazing.. And lord knows that it gets hot and sticky in clubs!

The packaging is nice and sleek looking. I like it. I've heard about the shaker pouring out too much and to avoid the mess I actually did not take off the plastic covering it comes with.. Instead I took a pin and poked holes through it so I can control the amount of product that comes out .

It doesn't make me look ghostly in pictures , and does not break me out . The product itself is like $6 I think so it's super affordable ! Overall win win

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I accidentally bought this in shimmer. I was so scared to try it because I didn't want to look silly with sparkles all over my face. I took the leap and tried it and wow! It is awesome. I only used a little and my face looked matte and airbrushed. I love it. I see no sparkles on my face. I will forever buy this

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Mpersh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product! A perfect dupe for MUFE High Definition powder at a fraction of the price. Like many others say, use a brush, not the puff. In fact, the E.L.F kabuki brush is great for a few dollars. My only complaint is the packaging. Too much product comes out at once. Once you're aware that will happen you know to watch for it, but I had a few powder explosions when I first used it. This product gives your makeup a really nice set without looking cakey or changing the shade of your foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by jcoffee

I love this loose powder! It is very lightweight and helps with blending for a natural look. I dislike the packaging. I put this on with a brush not with the powder puff thing it comes with. I wish it had packaging like Mary Kay's finishing powder or bare minerals containers. If you take the puff out then you will have way too much coming out when you open the tip. Beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by disigney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This powder is incredible! I read a lot of reviews about it online, and I was a bit iffy about it because a lot of reviewers were mentioning the white cast that this powder creates when you use it. But, I saw it at Target and needed some powder so I went for it!

First things first, the packaging is terrible. SO terrible. The powder literally explodes out of it every single time I open it and I lose so much product. There is no careful way to use this powder without getting it everywhere. It would be great if there was a seal on it similar to Bare Minerals to prevent this from happening but what can you do?

I would recommend using a brush to apply this, not a powder puff or sponge. I find that with a brush the white cast from the powder doesn't happen and if it does, you can just buff it away with your brush.

Other than that, this powder is AMAZING. It leaves my skin feeling super silky smooth and my makeup does not budge at ALL. I work at Disney World in Florida, and lately the temperatures have been raging at 95+ degrees and I will sweat, get rained on, whatever, and my skin feels just like it did when I applied my makeup that morning.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone! Just be careful with how much you're applying because it does cast a white shade to your face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful as a finishing powder. Leaves my skin looking airbrushed and beautifully natural in texture. It doesn't cling to my dry skin either!! Packaging is awful! The container is large and there's quite a bit of product, but every time I open the lid there's always powder everywhere that just falls everywhere. DO NOT use as a setting powder as this won't hold down your foundation and DO NOT get your photo take whilst wearing this: you'll look as though you set your face with talcum powder and have an awful white cast... As for a finishing powder though great product for a great price.