October 31, 2014 | 794 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Mpersh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product! A perfect dupe for MUFE High Definition powder at a fraction of the price. Like many others say, use a brush, not the puff. In fact, the E.L.F kabuki brush is great for a few dollars. My only complaint is the packaging. Too much product comes out at once. Once you're aware that will happen you know to watch for it, but I had a few powder explosions when I first used it. This product gives your makeup a really nice set without looking cakey or changing the shade of your foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by jcoffee

I love this loose powder! It is very lightweight and helps with blending for a natural look. I dislike the packaging. I put this on with a brush not with the powder puff thing it comes with. I wish it had packaging like Mary Kay's finishing powder or bare minerals containers. If you take the puff out then you will have way too much coming out when you open the tip. Beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by disigney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This powder is incredible! I read a lot of reviews about it online, and I was a bit iffy about it because a lot of reviewers were mentioning the white cast that this powder creates when you use it. But, I saw it at Target and needed some powder so I went for it!

First things first, the packaging is terrible. SO terrible. The powder literally explodes out of it every single time I open it and I lose so much product. There is no careful way to use this powder without getting it everywhere. It would be great if there was a seal on it similar to Bare Minerals to prevent this from happening but what can you do?

I would recommend using a brush to apply this, not a powder puff or sponge. I find that with a brush the white cast from the powder doesn't happen and if it does, you can just buff it away with your brush.

Other than that, this powder is AMAZING. It leaves my skin feeling super silky smooth and my makeup does not budge at ALL. I work at Disney World in Florida, and lately the temperatures have been raging at 95+ degrees and I will sweat, get rained on, whatever, and my skin feels just like it did when I applied my makeup that morning.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone! Just be careful with how much you're applying because it does cast a white shade to your face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful as a finishing powder. Leaves my skin looking airbrushed and beautifully natural in texture. It doesn't cling to my dry skin either!! Packaging is awful! The container is large and there's quite a bit of product, but every time I open the lid there's always powder everywhere that just falls everywhere. DO NOT use as a setting powder as this won't hold down your foundation and DO NOT get your photo take whilst wearing this: you'll look as though you set your face with talcum powder and have an awful white cast... As for a finishing powder though great product for a great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Studio High Definition Powder is one of my everyday powders; I have oily skin & this without doubt helps control it. I wear it their both alone & over foundation, but mostly alone. When I wear it alone, I prime my face with e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer & my face looks AMAZING. I've even received a compliment on how matte my face looked when wearing this alone. Where I live, we have triple-digit summers, even at nighttime, so that truly does say something. I love this powder & will be buying another—they're $6 at Kmart or Target. I have Clear & someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I see it's not called Sheer on the website. There are also shades Shimmer & Corrective Yellow. I definitely need to pick up Shimmer because anyone who knows me knows I'm obsessed with glitter!

With regards to the packaging, it could be better. Despite there being a twist-top, this gets messy. The powder is so fine that is kind of leaves a light layer of itself all over the box. I didn't throw away the sponge applicator inside, but I don't use it because I have dark skin & I did find that it applied the powder a little too heavily for my liking, & my having dark skin doesn't help. I use a kabuki brush & a light hand so I don't wind up with a white film on my face.

Warning: flash photography is a nightmare with this powder on; it does leave a white cast

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder for keeping oil in check. I was a little worried that I would end up looking like Casper using a white powder, and I have to admit when it's freshly applied it does look quite pale but around 20 - 30 mins after application it seems to "settle in" and the white cast goes away. It does a better job of soaking up oil than many other powders I've used and it doesn't look heavy or cakey.

I've seen some pics of celebs who have been caught out with this powder - it seems it doesn't work too well with flash photography so you might want to avoid this if you'll be having your photo taken - I like it a lot for every day use and the price is pretty reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by WhatsUpButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My makeup bag will never again be complete without this. It's a perfect dupe for MUFE HD, and the price? Wow. I assume the people giving poor reviews are expecting this to do things it was never meant to do, add it does the job it's meant for incredibly well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good lord do I love this product. I used to shell out lots of cash for the MUFE High Definition powder, but never again! This e.l.f. powder is a near-perfect dupe and a hell of a lot cheaper. It comes with a ton of product for the price, and one tin has lasted me over a year. I only use a small amount every day to set my under-eye concealer. It keeps my concealer in place all day without fading or oxidizing, and it never creases (a problem I always had with other powders). I usually use a small powder brush or a puff. I have used this powder before to set my entire face and it works well, especially for photography, but I just prefer to use my Neutrogena powder on a daily basis. Overall, a fantastic product similar to a high-end one, but for a better price. I already have a back-up waiting in my drawer, just in case!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by jahola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder gives my makeup an awesome finish and NO white cast surprisingly. Unfortunately my forehead and nose are very oily, so within 2-3 hours shine is already peeking through. But I could definitely see this working for people with skin not as oily as mine. I'll keep looking for my HG powder that will keep me matte all day, but for now I can deal with occasionally stopping at the bathroom to touch up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by angelinapink

So soft and nice to mix with colored powder and get the color you want.