April 24, 2014 | 1754 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by vymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this years ago and I never really got into it.

However, I really started to use it a few months ago and I love it.
It works so well and really smooths out my face.

I will definitely be buying this again.

Be careful not to use too much of it though. It CAN give you a white cast.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just got my ELF order in today and immediately tried this. I was quite disappointed with the white cast it left on my skin. It just gave a.... strange look to my face. It is quite possible I used too much. I will probably try it again to see if I can make it work. As of now, I prefer the translucent mattifying pressed powder by ELF. Will update when I experiment with it more, but not a great first impression.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

love this to death :) i have oily skin and this just makes my makeuplast a couple hours longer! <3 already have a back up

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Allyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder sets my foundation beautifully. It's so silky and light but make sure not to apply too much or it will leave a white cast across your face. You get a lot of product for $6 I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by littlehooch94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

With ELF their products seem to be a hit or miss and this is a hit! I have this powder in the white translucent and I really love it! I struggle staying matte all day because of my very oily skin. This keeps me shine free all day with just one dusting! Only use this if you have oily or very oily skin. My mother used it and it caught on dry patches so not for dry skin. It is kinda a large container and a little bulky with a screw off lid. But since it lasts all day you don't need to carry it around so the bulk is no big deal. I don't like the puff it comes with so I use my powder brush and it works great. Causes a little flashback in flash photography so don't use it if you're taking photos. It's very inexpensive, I think it was around $5 at Target. There is no fragrance and it didn't break me out. I use it after my foundation and doesn't work well by itself. There's a good bit of product. I for sure recommend this for people with oily skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by astr323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

not a huge fan! I actually tried using this on top of elf zz concealer and the powder actually ended up smearing the concealer off of irritated parts of my skin, making my acne MORE conspicuous. I even used a powder brush as opposed to the pouf the powder came with in an attempt to keep my application as gentle as possible. it does leave my skin feeling velvety but unfortunately for me having soft skin is useless if I'm too ashamed to show it to anyone :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I was so stoked to try this, but I ended up dumping it out and replacing it with pure cornstarch. The entire jug of cornstarch cost about $1.50, and it works much better than this powder at undetectably controlling oil at a ridiculously low cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best drugstore finishing powder ever. Its just as good as the Makeup Forever powder that I used to use which is not cheap at all. This is a wonderful option and I honestly prefer it over the high end powders I have tried.

-its a white powder but doesnt leave a white cast and its not ashy or chalky looking.
-makes my makeup look so airbrushed and complete!
-looks great in photos!
-the price is great. Got it for 6 bucks at Target. cant beat that considering the MUFE powder ranges between 35-52 depending on the size. WOW.
-i like the way it is packaged very much. Its kind of big but still great for traveling cause its quite durable.
-to apply it i pour some in the lid and use a big fluffy brush, the ELF powder brush works as well and just apply it all over my face.
-it keeps me oil free all day without looking cakey.
-no breakouts! lots of powders clog my pours or cause blemishes, this one has yet to do any of that.
-i can only find ELF online or at my local target. But my target always has it in stock and if worse comes to worse I could always order it. I always keep some of this stuff on hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by beccaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

HG status product for me. Gives an airbrush effect when used with the e.l.f. flat top powder brush, absorbs T-zone oil, and most importantly for women-of-a-certain age doesn't cake up in/emphasize smile lines or eye lines! I apply after foundation has set for a few minutes, buffing it in with very minimal pressure. Prior to trying this I had given up on powders in general because they look absolutely terrible on women with any wrinkles. This is colorless, so even if it did sink into wrinkles it is likely to look less horrible than a colored powder lol. When I use this and e.l.f. mist and set spray my makeup looks good even through a 12 hour work shift- with blotting papers on T-zone once or twice of course. It's dirt cheap, and the packaging is not bad at all for a loose powder-slightly bulky but very sturdy twist off top container. I leave the puff that comes with it in the container so if it gets jostled or dropped the sifter holes are covered-prevents a cloud of powder when opened for next use. If I could I would buy a truckload to make sure I never run out of this!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say this stuff really surprised me. I picked it up on a lark for three bucks and would have been delighted with it if I had paid $50.

I bought it in shimmer, which has a slight beige tint to it, but it goes on really sheer. It makes my skin look luminous and smooth, and really corrects for fine lines and color irregularities in my skin tone.

It also works superbly to set under eye concealer, keeping it from creasing without making my skin look dried out like matte powders will. Lasts a really long time. Helps conceal my rosacea without taking the life out of my skin.

Negatives: none that I can think of. Great product for a great price.