Rimmel Volume Flash The Max

3.4

on 10/11/2012 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I wasn't very impressed. I bought the waterproof mascara, because I like my mascara to stay put, and not move around during the day. I found this formula would transfer to my upper eyelids took forever to dry. Plus it would smudge off.

this is by far my favorite mascara i have tried, and trust me, i have tried a lot so far.. haha.

on 10/5/2012 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this in non waterproof for days that I'm just heading out for a little while. For waterproof mascara, My favourite is kiss me heroine mascara. My other non waterproof is Benefit BADgal Lash and though I do like that better, this is a great alternative because it's so much cheaper! It is quite wet, and it doesn't dry very quickly, which is good and bad. Good because you have lots of time to brush through it multiple times to have it feathery and natural before it dries up and clumps together. However, it's bad for the same reason because if you blink before it dries, it will transfer to your lids.

There's nothing wrong with it, it just isn't anything special or amazing.

As with most mascaras I use a few strokes until my lashes are built up, same with this one.

It does give pretty nice volume and thickness with little clumping. I also like the Extreme Black shade.

But other mascaras have given me at least as much volume and thickness with more length. This seems to lack in the length department.

The brush is a little messy if you aren't careful.

on 8/11/2012 4:55:00 PM

Too average. It darkened and lengthened my lashes a little, and held a curl, but it's nothing spectacular. The formula's too wet and it would clump if I brushed it on too fast.

on 8/7/2012 1:46:00 AM

Not impressed. I bought this because it claimed to have "their biggest brush ever" but when I opened it it was a big let down! The brush on this isnt that big at all infact the maybelline "great lash BIG" has a brush twice this size! I thought it would be similar or bigger but no... just regular sized looking to me.

Otherwise its really just nothing impressive..just a typical drugstore mascara.

on 6/27/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

What a let down! I was lured in by the siren song of Zooey Deschanel's abundant lashes on the display case (which I know are falsies, but come on, the girl looks good) and boy, was I let down! I was deciding between some Maybelline stuff and this, but went with Rimmel because I don't often find their mascaras at my local drugstore because they sell out quite quickly. I was so excited to try this, but all the mascara did was make my lashes stick straight out, even after curling and reapplying. After a couple hours, they were weighed down and left a bit of a raccoon shadow under my eye. The formula is a little watery, the brush is a bit scratchy, and overall didn't work for me. I won't be buying this again.

on 6/26/2012 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It is decent i can see my lashes get a little thicker better than many other fails I have tried. Doesn't clump. I hate the packaging it looks cheap, plastic, and tacky but does an ok job. I prefer my lashes to be longer so my heart is still on illegal lengths.

on 6/10/2012 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loved it liked it, and I say this because I think that the Almay mascara (that is on my page reviews) did a way better job than this mascara!! I still like this product because it is inexpensive , and is the kind of mascara I need just a mascara, but does not really do what it says make it longer and more voluminous....... I loved it because it was perfect for ME. Maybe not for other people that want what it says. So I loved it for me. But I really don't think it doesn't quite exactly do what it says.

on 3/26/2012 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The only thing this does is turn your eyelashes black. I only bought it because it was the cheapest mascara there. Probably won't buy again. Why don't any products give what they promise?