April 18, 2014 | 1903 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

Love this minty color, it is easy to put and stays 3-4 days without chipping on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Calumae

I have a love-hate relationship with this polish, although most of the time it's love haha. I find this colour can be a bit chalky at times, a streaky when you're not careful with applying it, especially when you're reaching the bottom half of the bottle. The problem is that when you have less than half a bottle of it left, and your brush only has so much polish on it, that when you apply a layer, it dries before you can dip your brush back into the bottle to finish the rest of the nail - causing streaking. That's also one of my other issues with Essie - the small brush! It takes several brush strokes to cover my nail bed, and especially when I have longer nails too. :P However, if you're careful with it, you can get a gorgeous turquoise. And like all Essie polishes, this stuff can easily last on your nails without any wear or chipping for at least five days. You'll see a bit of wear on your tips after that.

I don't know if I'd repurchase this if I run out. It's also super hard to find in stores and salons, so I have to buy it online. I will probably though since I love the finished result so much... but I'd consider getting In the Cabana since that one looks like a great blue as well. ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by nikki770

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really looking for a minty green, when I applied it, it looked Robin egg blue. Now that it has dried I can see a hint of mint. Went on kind of streaky, would like to try another color of this brand before I become a fan or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

First of all, the color is AMAZING! I had it on my nails ,and now on my toes, and it looks good, especially if you're tanned. Even though its pricey (Essie, duh...), its worth it because the quality is excellent (lasts long), and i only needed one coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by triplet3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this one! It goes on perfectly in two coats ! The color is beautiful and it doesn't streak ! Ill buy another one when I'm getting low for sure !

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

As beautiful of a color as this is, I've given up trying to make it work for me. I have close to 50 Essie polishes, and this one has the worst wear for me. Even with my favorite base and top coats, I can't get it to last any more than a day. It goes on beautifully, without streaks and opaque in two coats. But for the life of me I can't get it to last withuot chipping. I think maybe I just got a bad bottle because most other rewviews about the wear time are fabulous. Otherwise, the color is perfect. Clean and crisp.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by strawberry5756

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mint nail polish of any brand. I have close to twenty different mint color polishes from high end brands to low. This one is hands down my go to mint. It applies smoothly with no streaks. Opaque in two coats. It is flattering with my skin tone & is very subtle. It will last almost 10 days for me with a top coat. I would definitely re-purchase this if I was running low.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by anacelia13

This nail polish is the prettiest mint color I've ever seen! Its so stunning and i use it all the time. I heard about it from Bethany Mota on YouTube. I dont generally wear greenish nail polish but i decided to give it a try and i love it! the only problem i have with this nail polish is that it cracks. like i see dark lines on the nail polish, and then when i bend my nail, the nail polish sort of seperates and it doesnt stay together as a whole. it breaks off into little section and splits. that really bothers me. but other than that i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Femmeboi

This is my all-time favorite nail polish color. It's not quite a cinderella blue, nor a mint chocolate chip ice cream green. Rather, It's a beautiful mint turquoise, the perfect swatch between the two, and it has a gorgeous creamy finish. It's a timeless tint that I suspect would compliment many skin tones. It's makes me so happy to look down at my hands and see this color light up on my fingertips. Although it was released as a winter color, I wear it year round and I consider it a classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by xXgoaXx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think I can understand why it took me so long to get my hands on this nail polish. It's amazing. The color is beautiful and perfect for spring and summer, but honestly I think I'll wear it all year round. I had heard about this nail polish from reviews on the internet so I decided "Why not?"
So happy I did! Essie is a good quality drugstore nail polish brand I find from using their nail polishes before. The only problem I had with this nail polish is that it took a few coats to get it as opaque as I wanted it to, but otherwise, it's perfect. So overall I recommend this color, but I will warn you that it took me about five trips to all different drugstores to find a bottle, and the one I found was the very last one. Wow!