September 22, 2014 | 984 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 5 Blue

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by bayergal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It was my second time trying a primer and everyone was recommending this so I decided to go for it even though it is pretty expensive.
And it is definitely not worth the price.
I find it doesn't cover my pores and though I do find it keeps my foundation on longer it does not help with shine control and makes my skin look drier than it actually is.
Will keep using it before I buy a new primer, but I don't think I will buy this brand's primer again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by sthaidamri

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've got Mat Velvet Plus foundation #30 which is too ashy for me (i usually used #20 but the stores near my areas don't carry it anymore). So, i was recommended to try the HD primer in blue to brighten the shade up a bit. To my surprise, this primer does a lot more than brightening up the shade. It makes the texture of Mat Velvet (which is aleady very good) fresher, smoother and last longer (and no silicone feeling). More importantly, it hasn't broken me out yet (been using it for a few weeks). Overall, i really like the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample for a few days before purchasing, because of the price (retail price is €33 in Italy). I had tried Sephora primer before but found it extremely heavy and the silicones in it clogged my pores without doing anything nice to my complexion. I hated it and because 98% of primers are silicone based, I figured that they must be pretty much all the same stuff. I was so wrong!!
This primer is not perfection, which I'll explain later, but is a great, great product for fair skinned ladies like me. The MUFE SA at Sephora suggested I tried this instead of the green one to counteract minor redness. She was so right!
PROS:
- Lightweight, lotion-like formula, doesn't feel like putting on a heavy layer of chemicals AT ALL. Instead, it's very blendable and absorbs fast.
- Reduces minor redness (for major red spots I use a green concealer instead).
- Skin is soooo smooth and makes foundation application like a dream.
- Noticeable improvement in the appearance of pores and minor imperfections.
- Evens out and brightens skin tone beautifully.
- Extremely natural finish, you really can't tell you have primer on.
- Last but not least: it's not drying at all, I think it has some calming/conditioning effect on my skin. When I remove my makeup at night I realized that my skin was softer and more hydrated than usual.
- Make up lasts longer (but not forever... I can see some fading after 8-9 hours).
CONS:
- The main downfall is that it does virtually nothing to control oil. Let me explain. I have normal/dry skin but use MAC Face&Body foundation, which has a dewey finish that can turn to a sligh shine after 5-6 hours. I was expecting this primer to control this and keep the foundation as fresh as when it's just applied. Basically, I still see the slight shine after the mentioned time.
- Price. €33 euros IS a huge amount of money for a primer. It is true that you only need a pea-sized amount, so I'll probably won't need to buy again in a long time, though.
I give it 4 lippies for these reasons. I am extremely happy with this product, it makes my skin glow and look airbrushed. For me, the lack of oil control is a minor feature, but oily gals might find this disappointing. I will happily get through the whole bottle and repurchase, as long as I don't find anything superior.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after i ran out of the HD primer in #7 and I must say that I prefer the blue primer much more than the pink. I have fair skin thats quite rosy and the blue primer works really well to tone down the redness of my skin. The MUFE SA recommended me the blue primer over the mauve although she said that their both quite similar. Prior to this I have used RMK makeup base, Laura Mercier foundation primer and Lancome la base pro. Among all the primers I have tried this is the one I like the most. The product comes packaged in a nice plastic bottle with a pump. I know that some people have complaint that the pump becomes faulty after awhile but I have not experienced any problems so far. The primer smells absolutely divine and feels nice and silky on the skin. I wouldn't say that this primer is very moisturising but it certainly did not dry out my skin. After application of the primer, any foundation that I apply on top glides on like a dream! I also find that the primer does prolong the longevity of my makeup (i don't have oily skin though) and keeps my makeup looking fresh throughout the day. As with all MUFE products, this product is quite pricey and is the most expensive primer I own but I will definitely repurchase in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by greyishblue

The make up assistant on Sephora chose the No. 5 Blue for my medium light asian skin. She said it will help conceal few redness on my skin and also brighten (I ask for brightening formula since I plan to use it for occasional only). It smoothes my skin, minimizes pores, and really does brighten. So apply generously on the neck is a must or I'll end up looking very odd with complexion 2 shades lighter. I tend to break out every time I use this. But like I stated earlier, I only use it for special occasions, such as party or every time expect heavy camera flash around. After that I'll go back to my everyday moisturizer and poof... the break outs dissapear.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by mightymcownage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for covering up redness! It doesn't completely cover it, but it does a great job. I'm pretty sure that I have mild rosacea (the butterfly pattern on my cheeks and nose), and I need a product that will work with my foundation (Revlon Colorstay) to make my skin tone even. But this product breaks me out. :( I'm sensitive to silicones so I had to return it. However, I still highly recommend this primer. It made my foundation last all day without my tzone getting oily, and it made applying and blending my foundation easy. Revlon Colorstay isn't normally easy to blend, but it is with this primer. It also has a floral scent that I really liked.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by noelliebellie44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pros:
- does a good job at keeping my foundation long lasting
- does help hide a little bit of the redness in my cheeks and around my nose
- leaves my skin feeling soft and similar to what a moisturizers feels like
- it did brighten my complexion

Cons:
- does not reduce much of the redness I have and on somedays doesn't hide my redness at all
- like the feel of the neutral or 0 one better
- if too much is applied, it can make my face look extremely pale

Over all, I do like this product, but I would want to try some other primers before I use repurchase this one again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after trying a sample of the neutral one. This one isn't quite as good, though. It does help cover up a little bit of redness in my complexion, but it also makes me looker paler/pastier. I don't really think it makes me "radiant" as the product claims. Also, it's a lot thicker than the neutral one, so it doesn't sink into my skin as well. It also makes my skin feel a bit heavy after I first apply it, and again near the end of the day when my skin is super oily. It does help make my skin into a smooth canvas for my makeup, and it helps keep my makeup on throughout the day. It interacts well with my other products, but since it's so thick I think it leaves a residue on my brush when I'm applying foundation. This product looks pricey, but there is quite a bit of product in the container so it lasts a good while.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by daydreamatnight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love make up forever primer!
im not to big of a fan of the HD foundation, but the primer. YES
i tried this today because it it suppose to take away redness ( if you have it in certain areas, but if most of your face is red get the green one) and it did
it totally made my face matte and not red! i was so excited, and will for sure by this again.
its $30.00 at sephora

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer, but the blue color does not help improve my skin tone- it makes me look slightly more pale in some spots and leaves the redness.
I own the primer in Neutral (0) and love it. Works well as a moisturizer for my oily skin in addition to prepping for any type of foundation. I usually use the MUFE Mat Velvet or Bare Minerals Matte, and really like this. Love the pump, wish the blush came in a similar pump. Would not buy this color again, but would purchase the primer in Neutral or Green again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No