December 27, 2014 | 1778 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love color #621 "natural blush". It is such a natural pop of color that would look good on any skin tone in my opinion. It's like your natural lip color but better. I love wearing it to work to make me look more polished and put together. Yes it does make your lips feel dry but all long wearing lipsticks do - you win some, you lose some. The key to applying lipsticks like this is to use a thin layer - the thinner the layer, the less cakey and flakey it gets. I can't stand the feeling of dry lips so I definitely keep the clear gloss that comes with it nearby at all times to reapply about once an hour. I do wish the price were more reasonable - I hate to pay $8 - $10 for it. But I will continue to buy it because natural blush is the perfect everyday color - not too bold but not too light.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by shelby1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all I think this product is either a hit or miss, from what it seems, it works either perfectly or terribly on your lips so this is just my experience with this particular product and I will talk about what products have worked on me.

I have owned this product for years and I wanted to make it work because it does have amazing color. I have tried numerous approaches to apply this product, it is just terrible.

First of all the "long lasting" (ness) of this product is a joke. I wore this product for not even two hours and began to eat some soup like food and I look down and see my spoon is covered in pieces of this product. 16 hours? It tends to flick off and if anything touches... good luck reapply.

Second the texture of the product. I don't mind most textures but this has a weird texture, it is super drying and comes off like wet sand on your feet do at the beach and don't even try to reapply at that point.

I wished this product worked, but it just doesn't on me. I would recommend lipsticks (like clinique's and revolon's, they are super moisturizing, long lasting and great pigmentation and color)

cute packaging, bad product

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by BP8099

I didn't find it to last all day and it tried my lips way too much, no matter what balm or gloss I used with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by MrsTeaspoon13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this lipstick in three shades, bought one a few years ago and bought 2 just before my wedding. I mixed a light and a darker shade for my wedding in October, it lasted from 11am till the next day. I do not use the gloss tube that comes with it. I make sure my lips are not chapped, best to exfoliate them before applying. If you let the lipstick dry before you press your lips together, the color lasts all day. I love these lipsticks, they do feel strange until about 2 hours after you apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

This is what topical Botox would feel like on your lips if it were available- stiff and unable to move. This product dries really fast, so you have to hurry up and put it on. No coloring out of the lines please because this stuff does not come off unless you use an oil based remover. A really horrible product. It does come off while eating- You may notice it in little beads on your fork or spoon. You'll see the little balls of color on your glass or cup. Basically along with your meal, you'll be dining on the Outlast too. Incredibly drying,in spite of the seperate moisturizing balm, which has a peculiar smell. The fleshier part of your lips will be missing color,while the outer part will look like cracked paint. If you try to reapply to the worn areas, it will then look like caked on cracked paint buildup. Even with the thinnest layer,like they instruct you to do. Just save yourself the aggravation because your lips will not look like supermodel Molly Simms in the commercials.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Amatrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used Cover Girl Outlast for several years. Some people don't like the texture but I find that as soon as I get the clear silicone on it feels like you have nothing on your lips. I like to wear this under tinted lip gloss as well. It's my go to lipstick for lasting color. The darker colors last longer on me, all day until I take it off which is fine in the winter but in the summer I want the lighter colors so I have to wear lipstick over it in the afternoons if I want lip color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, seems like there are a few different packages, this post had the "correct" picture of the packaging that I have purchased, as such I decided to post my review here, seems to be the best thing to do since, well, the others have really different packaging (which means they are probably older or something, before CG changed their formula or packaging or whatever).

My mom always wanted a lip gloss or lipstick that once you put it on, you never have to put on again, unless you already ate or whatever. My mom also smokes, so when she sees her lip color on her cigarettes, she gets furious. "Those commercials of the girls kissing the mirror is completely ridiculous! It's all lies!" she says. Haha.

I can tell you, my mom is blown away with this product. She and I are both very impressed by how long it has stayed on both of our lips. I even showered and rubbed on it to get it off and it wouldn't budge! (Yes, I know it's technically a lip stain, but still) I'm not a huge lip junkie, but I definitely like this color staying power and color payoff. The color that you see in the bottle is definitely what we got on our lips. Yay!

The downside though? There must be one for this fabulous product! Well, there is... I have dry lips, everyone who knows Colorado knows that you must have lip balms at all times because it is dry here. This product doesn't leave my lips feeling very moist at all. It indeed feels like once it's on there and it dries, like the directions say, that it feels like you NEED to put that second lip balm on to make it feel like an actual lip gloss. Directions say you can apply the lip balm whatever-it's-called as many times as you want/need throughout the day, and I did find myself putting it on, and even using my own Chapstick Moisturizing lip balm, many times. I guess, not more than usual though, now that I think about it... ... ...

Regardless, this is a very surprising product and I now must go get a color that actually matches my skin as my mom likes really dark plum, brown/spice colors, while I prefer pink/berry colors. :D

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This Lipstick does not do what it says. It does not last anywhere close to 24 hours! I purchased the color in Burgundy. It is a very pretty, rich color. The color part felt strange going on... it makes your lips feel tight and like they are covered in a thin layer of plastic. I liked the gloss that you put over the color. It gives your lips some shine, but it doesn't feel moisturizing (too bad!). You still have a tight/dry feeling to your lips.

Anyway, I ate a piece of pizza about an hour after applying the lipstick...and OMG it was awful. The color came off the inside of my lips and left a dark burgundy ring that looked like super dark lipliner around my mouth. Thank god that I wasn't on a date or something!

Outlast lipstick does not hold up through eating a single piece of pizza, and it dried my lips out terribly. I do not recommend this at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Covergirl Outlast All-day lipcolor wants to be L'oreal Infallible Never Fail LipColour when it grows up!

The Covergirl does not outlast nor is is all-day. When you first apply it, everything seems cool until you drink, eat or do nothing. It flakes off the lips to soon. I don't like it and will not be repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

I fell in love with the color that Sofia Vergara was wearing in an ad, and had to have it for a pals wedding. I don't recall ever trying a Cover Girl lip product so I was pretty satisfied with the results. It lasted well over 8 hours throughout the wedding, photos and dinner. It is now a daily staple. Lasts all day through work. I tend to only wear the color, not the shine part though. I prefer the matte finish.