October 25, 2014 | 916 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Amatrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used Cover Girl Outlast for several years. Some people don't like the texture but I find that as soon as I get the clear silicone on it feels like you have nothing on your lips. I like to wear this under tinted lip gloss as well. It's my go to lipstick for lasting color. The darker colors last longer on me, all day until I take it off which is fine in the winter but in the summer I want the lighter colors so I have to wear lipstick over it in the afternoons if I want lip color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, seems like there are a few different packages, this post had the "correct" picture of the packaging that I have purchased, as such I decided to post my review here, seems to be the best thing to do since, well, the others have really different packaging (which means they are probably older or something, before CG changed their formula or packaging or whatever).

My mom always wanted a lip gloss or lipstick that once you put it on, you never have to put on again, unless you already ate or whatever. My mom also smokes, so when she sees her lip color on her cigarettes, she gets furious. "Those commercials of the girls kissing the mirror is completely ridiculous! It's all lies!" she says. Haha.

I can tell you, my mom is blown away with this product. She and I are both very impressed by how long it has stayed on both of our lips. I even showered and rubbed on it to get it off and it wouldn't budge! (Yes, I know it's technically a lip stain, but still) I'm not a huge lip junkie, but I definitely like this color staying power and color payoff. The color that you see in the bottle is definitely what we got on our lips. Yay!

The downside though? There must be one for this fabulous product! Well, there is... I have dry lips, everyone who knows Colorado knows that you must have lip balms at all times because it is dry here. This product doesn't leave my lips feeling very moist at all. It indeed feels like once it's on there and it dries, like the directions say, that it feels like you NEED to put that second lip balm on to make it feel like an actual lip gloss. Directions say you can apply the lip balm whatever-it's-called as many times as you want/need throughout the day, and I did find myself putting it on, and even using my own Chapstick Moisturizing lip balm, many times. I guess, not more than usual though, now that I think about it... ... ...

Regardless, this is a very surprising product and I now must go get a color that actually matches my skin as my mom likes really dark plum, brown/spice colors, while I prefer pink/berry colors. :D

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This Lipstick does not do what it says. It does not last anywhere close to 24 hours! I purchased the color in Burgundy. It is a very pretty, rich color. The color part felt strange going on... it makes your lips feel tight and like they are covered in a thin layer of plastic. I liked the gloss that you put over the color. It gives your lips some shine, but it doesn't feel moisturizing (too bad!). You still have a tight/dry feeling to your lips.

Anyway, I ate a piece of pizza about an hour after applying the lipstick...and OMG it was awful. The color came off the inside of my lips and left a dark burgundy ring that looked like super dark lipliner around my mouth. Thank god that I wasn't on a date or something!

Outlast lipstick does not hold up through eating a single piece of pizza, and it dried my lips out terribly. I do not recommend this at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Covergirl Outlast All-day lipcolor wants to be L'oreal Infallible Never Fail LipColour when it grows up!

The Covergirl does not outlast nor is is all-day. When you first apply it, everything seems cool until you drink, eat or do nothing. It flakes off the lips to soon. I don't like it and will not be repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

I fell in love with the color that Sofia Vergara was wearing in an ad, and had to have it for a pals wedding. I don't recall ever trying a Cover Girl lip product so I was pretty satisfied with the results. It lasted well over 8 hours throughout the wedding, photos and dinner. It is now a daily staple. Lasts all day through work. I tend to only wear the color, not the shine part though. I prefer the matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far so good.
I grabbed this because I wanted a coral for spring, and these were on sale.
I didn't want to spend too much money on a trendy colour, and this fit the bill.
This survives eating and drinking and does not come off on my coffee mug! Yay!
The application is tricky... I actually had to read the directions (I know eh? Lipstick that needs directions?)
It's important not to put on the top coat before the colour coat is completely dry. If you do it will smudge and lift off patches of colour.
I do not find this product to be drying, which is amazing considering it's a longwear, and that I tend to have dry lips on most days anyway.
I do wish it was more pigmented, one layer of my coral is more like a nude, two layers is a nice subtle coral.

Overall, pros outweigh the cons, and I'll keep buying this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by goldilocks5

I am a big fan of this type of long lasting lip product that goes on wet and dries to last a long time. I use it like people do lip liner when they want to outline their thin lips to look a little fuller. I also fill in the entire lip. In my experience this last longer than any lip liner I've used. I have tried similar products by revlon and maybelline and can not say this is better or worse. I bought shade 625 sun kissed because of the color. I chose this brand over others because the cover-girl version of this shade doesn't have the metallic finish. I often use this a base coat under Rimmel's Wild Clover lip liner, which is a close color match, and it gives my lips a more traditional creamy, though matte, appearance. Some times I top with gloss. I love the look and how long it lasts. It would be nice if the tube with color was bigger for the price they charge. I wish more non-metallic/shimmer shades were offered.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I read the negative reviews and know, that in most cases, it's not the product but the application which has a bit of a learning curve to it. I've been using this since it came out and the original Permatone product: MaxFactor Lipfinity before that. Proctor and Gamble (owned MF and owns CG)

Here's how I have been applying it.

Take the doe foot out of the color tube and scrape off most of the product, then outline and then fill in with one thin layer. (Play around with it and find out how much you need to cover your lips but do not apply more color, wait another day to try again.) The next step is crucial! Don't put your lips together. Keep them apart until the product dries at least 3-5 minutes. I usually put the color on, put my mascara on and then apply the clear topcoat.
Do apply on clean dry lips. Don't apply it too thick. Don't blot your lips. Don't put on the top coat to early. I promise there will be no flaking or balling up of the product if applied correctly. Also use the top coat that comes with it. Any lip balms with Vaseline or mineral oil will take this right off.

If you follow these steps and practice you will have long wearing lip color that lasts for 6 -8 hours easily, with no transfer onto anything or anyone and the shade you put on will stay that way without turning into some other hue. (Now it isn't a tattoo so If you eat, drink and swim all in one day it will get lighter but it won't disappear!) I stopped wearing "regular lipstick, lipgloss etc. Since I have been using this my lips are not as dried out as when I used traditional lipstick and I use it on days that I'm staying in for that reason. I keep a top coat in my bag for reapplying when needed. For removal like I said anything with mineral oil or vaseline, or just leave it on and by the next day it's gone.

Outlast has the best selection of colors and there is at least one for everyone! I have back-stock of this stuff. Mac came out with it's version of this and it's good, but for twice the money. Maybelline is good but this is better. Once I got the hang of applying I learned how to mix colors, apply with my finger for a "stain" look, and even reapply (if needed) where the color started to fade.

For me this has been one of the best inventions in cosmetics. Give it a shot and maybe you'll feel the same.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by brimariemac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am IN LOVE with this product!! I have it in Ever Red-dy, and it is the perfect red lip product! It doesn't transfer, it has great lasting power, and you don't even have to use a lip liner! Also, if your lips start to feel dry during the day, all you have to do is apply the moisturizing topcoat that comes with it, and you're ready to go! I can not explain how thankful I am that this product exists. I love red lipstick, but I could never find one that didn't bleed, that I didn't need a lip liner for, and that didn't transfer, but this product is perfect. I will definitely be repurchasing this in the future. I might even stock up on it. I love it that much. I very highly recommend this product if you are looking for the perfect lip color that will stay on for a long time and will not transfer. I even slept overnight with it on, and when I woke up, it was still on my lips and nowhere on the pillowcase or sheets. I love love love this product. My favorite lip color product out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by linda3365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so disappointed. I like a lipstick to last quite awhile like this one advertises it does. Shoot, I've had regular old tube lipsticks that lasted way longer than this. I actually threw them away after a few uses.