November 26, 2014 | 1708 users online

Bronzers - Korres - Korres Colour Monoi Oil Bronzing Powder 01 Sunglow Light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by mascaraismycrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased a best of Sephora kit and this was the only product that I actually liked. I am NC20 and I find that most bronzers are either too dark, orange or full of glitter. This is a matte pale peachy bronze Goes on smooth and blends very easily for a natural sunkissed look. Doesn't look fake or give me that dirty look. I tend to have a problem with milia (closed comedones that take forever to clear up) on my cheeks (usually from red dye) and this product does not cause break outs. It's a generous compact and a little goes along way but if I needed to repurchase, I most definetly would.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Dianerrs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a Best of Sephora kit, and out of everything in there, this is my favorite. I'm so glad it came full-sized, because it is a tad expensive.

This gives me just enough of a healthy, natural colour on my fair skin, and as it's not shimmery, it doesn't make me look like a disco ball. I find most bronzers seem to look a bit 'fake' because of my skin colour, but this is just perfect! I don't know how well this would work on someone who already had tanned skin though... it isn't very dark at all.

As it is, it's the perfect finishing touch to my make up. It wakes my whole face up, even if I haven't slept very much the night before.
I have fairly dry skin around my cheeks, and I've noticed a lot of powders seem to just make it worse. I've noticed since using this that my face feels a bit more moisturized.

I like that it includes a nice sized mirror in the compact.
Although this will last me a long time, I feel like I will be buying it again once I hit pan.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by dandydana

i got this ins my best of sephora box thingy.. i love it out of all the ones in the kit this is my fave! what someone said about it kicking up dust after you use it with a brush that is true and a tad annoying esp since i use a foptic and that seems to kick up a lot of the powder.. but the color is great and subtle for my fairish skin.. the 1st bronzer i have like ever.. yay!! plus it is not giving me bumps like the mineral blushes i was using from EDM. so double yay

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mmarina342

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh, I cannot say enough about this wonderful bronzer. I has the prettiest color. I bought the light one and use it as a blush! And the packaging is so nice, and the scent...wowronzer I have ever had. It is the most wonderful bronzer/blush I have ever had, ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

I bought this bronzer to replace Benefit Hoola, which I got rid of because I couldn't figure out how to apply it without looking too dirty. Anyway, I would describe the color of this bronzer as a peachy, shimmery bronze that is very very light. I don't think it can be used as a contour for anyone who is darker than NC25, because it will not be dark enough--in fact, it may work well as a highlight color! Right now I'm between NC20 and NC25 and I have a very hard time applying this to make it show up. Aside from being not bronze enough (in terms of how dark it is), it is also quite peachy, so much so that if you build up the color you will just get more peach than bronze. I do agree, however, that it would be an excellent contour/bronzer color for people with fairer, warm-toned skin. For now, I am just using it as a general bronzing powder (using the 3-shape method of applying bronzer) rather than specifically as a contour. The color is definitely not dark enough to actually contour, but rather generally give your face a bronzy glow (if you're past NC25).

In terms of quality, I think this bronzer contains some really nice ingredients. They are all natural and Monoi oil is supposed to be great for soothing and softening skin. While I don't actually see any difference in the appearance of my skin where I apply the product, I figure all those good ingredients can't hurt! It also makes the powder blusher smell great! It is a little too powdery for me--every swipe of my brush requires the pan to be wiped down because of the powder the brush kicks up.

Overall, I would not buy this product again because of the color (too peachy, too light) and the fact that it is too powdery and loosely pressed for my liking. I would definitely recommend swatching before you purchase to make sure the color suits you and will actually show up.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by unconventionalbeauty

This is a review for the Korres Colour Monoi Oil Bronzing Powder in Sunglow Warm.
When I first opened up this bronzer I was impressed with the packaging, I think that it is very sleek. The colour looks lovely on the skin and definitely a bronzer that I thought I could slap on because it adds just the right amount of colour to the skin, when compared to my Benefit Hoola that is quite a bit darker.
In Sephora I swatched the bronzer on my hand and saw the slight shimmers, that looked quite fine, and I compared it to Nars Laguna bronzer and saw that it definitely was similar to this bronzer. I assumed that I would love this bronzer, because I heard that the reviews on Laguna saying that the shimmers were just enough, but did not make you look like a glitterball.
So I wore this bronzer on a very hot day that I was definitely sweating through and halfway through the day, I saw these silver shimmers on my black velvet shorts that at first I thought was dandruff, but then saw the shimmer and I thought nothing of it. Then I when I looked in the mirror, I could spot out the silver glitter flecks on my face and it turns out that the shimmer particles fell off of my face. Definitely not a pretty sight. It was not that noticable, but it really did bother me.
I probably will find a way to use this bronzer, but obviously not regularly and I cannot see myself repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Jackie0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not really pale, more of a medium yellow tone (WRF2). This powder shows up beautifully on my skin with just the right amount of shimmer- no fake orange color here!! The price is a bit up there but you can find it in a 3 piece kit at Sephora or Korres.com which includes the tinted moisturizer, primer and this lovely powder- all for less than 30 bucks! Awesome deal!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Similar to what the other 2 reviewers said, this is an excellent bronzer for fair skin! I am an NC15-20, and so 99% of bronzers make my skin look dirty or orange. This had good reviews so I thought I would try, and sure enough it looks great! It helps my skin look like its had a bit of sun, and helps define my cheekbones.

The texture is very smooth, similar to Korres blushes, its not powdery or cakey at all. It goes on smooth and blends smooth. It's also pretty pigmented so you don't need much (although girls who do not have super fair skin may need to use more to show).

Whats nice about Korres is that it doesn't use a lot of chemicals in their cosmetics like other companies. While its not 100% "green", its at least better than others while not skimping on quality. Being natural and not making me look orange, I've found my HG bronzer!! Yay! :o)

Ingredients:

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Magnesium Stearate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cocos Nucifera Oil/ Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Fragrance (+/-(may contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by CrazyCat15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I am pale, bronzers make me look orange.
Until now!!
this is the perfect shade for me, and it smells of monoi oil!!
more peachy than tan.

if you are pale, try it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After eyeballing this bronzer on several trips to Sephora, I finally purchased it today. I am a fair skinned redhead with freckles and bronzer scares me. I've tried many but most turn orange/red and muddy on my skin. God forbid that I should look like one of those women you see who are 40+ and have obviously gotten carried away with the bronzer...you see my point? The Korres 01 bronzer has a hint of pink to it,but not much (not nearly as much pink as Barry M Natural Bronzer), so it pretty much stays true to the color in the pan and just gives me a nice peachy glow. Easy to apply and buff into your skin. I really like it.