September 30, 2014 | 2051 users online

Lip Treatments - Philosophy - Kiss Me lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by HollyRichards

amazing really works well

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by AAntunez

I have bought this over and over again. I have very full lips and every winter they just about die on me. Everything I have used before this has just been a disaster. This is the only product that I can put on my severely chapped lips at night and wake to smooth, lucious, kissable lips in the morning.

I like it so well I bought the peppermint patty and the red stain version and always have either one handy.

The price is somewhat steep, but nothing else works for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by belletrist9

I was not impressed with the feel of this lip treatment, or that it didn't seem to heal my lips very well. Then, I got a mild allergic reaction to it along my lipline.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very mediocre, and I wouldn't repurchase because $12 is steep for a balm/gloss that under-performs when compared with drugstore products.

I got the red-tinted one and it gives just a bare sneeze of color; it's really a clear gloss for all intents and purposes. It is high in lanolin, and has a soft, slippery, greasy texture and odd chemical/lemon scent. This stuff really does feel very emollient on lips. But so do lots of other lip products, like Carmex and Aquaphor, and without seeping past my lipline like this one does.

I had been lemming this product for some time and thinking it must be something special (plus I liked the color in the tube)-- it really isn't special. I ended up finding one of those Christmas-themed lip balms at Walgreens for $1 that has an appreciable pink tint, and smells and performs way better than the Philosophy product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by sooty_mail

Received this as gift- being a lipgloss junkie I am very hard to please. However, this unassuming little tube is fab! Nice citrusy flavour, contains almond oil and I got the Kiss Me Red which leaves lips tinted red. Not like a berry stain just a clear balm stain with pleasing amount of glossiness. I dont find it drying, despite frequent use, its not too sticky and for 10 considering Clinique Superbalm (good colour range, tastes of chemicals) costs as much and Juicy Tubes (odd colour range and contains sparkles- I hate sparkles) are 14 I wll repurchase. Stay away from the minging limited edition flavours- Spicy Pear and Pumpkin Spice?! **This product contains propylene glycol and lanolin which can irritate some peoples skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 8:17:00 PM More reviews by veirs

Best lipgloss I've used. Not at all sticky, more like a combination of Vaseline and warm honey. I can't speak to the price (I got it for free in a Philosophy promo thing), but it's worth it. I don't think it's that much even. Heals cracked lips, has a very very light natural color, and best of all tastes like you've just brushed your teeth, so when you inevitably lick all your lipgloss off, your breath will be great. Male approved since it's not sticky and is very tasty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product took awhile to grow on me. I use it every night before bed. The scent is like a fake lemon that I used to hate, but now I don't mind. I have to apply it with my finger; I found applying straight from the tip put too much product on my lips, and it always got in my mouth which was disgusting. It feels very moisturizing. It is extremely emollient, so a little goes a long way. It has been perfect for using as a nightly lip treatment and has lasted about 1.5 years!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 4:25:00 AM More reviews by wordsandnumbers

I love how emollient this product is and it makes my lips feel super. The only complaint I have is that you must apply it with a fingertip unless you carry a clean q tip or a lip brush with you--which I don't.

It has a very very light lemony scent that does not bother me at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by illuminate1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I quite like this product. I got Kiss Me Pink as a gift with purchase. I don't know if they changed anything or not but for me its a minty-type smell (this doesn't bother me at all) and a slight cooling sensation with application. Pkg states to have peppermint oil in it. It also has lanolin as the first ingredient and lanolin ROCKS. My lips feel great with this stuff. I also have Clinique's superbalm gloss and MAC's Tendertone and I prefer this by far!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 2:49:00 AM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

DO NOT WANT! Packaging is adorable, and that's as far as the love affair goes. Philosophy describes this as "very emollient" and instructs you to "melt into lips at least twice a day." Check and check. It's VERY emollient, and it sure does melt! Feels simultaneously greasy and gritty, and because the texture is so slick, it tends to ooze into my mouth a little bit. Which is disgusting because it tastes like chemical waste. Smells kind of chemical waste-y, too... but with lemons! I'll use up my tube 'cause it was a bit spendy (as lip balms go) but I wouldn't buy again.