December 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - genefique

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by bonbon4face

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I put this product on my face first time today, i got a tiny burn sensation around my cheek eye area. After applying my normal moisturizer (clarins), i felt itchy on my cheek. I want to ask if anyone has similar experience like mine???

Update: after using this product for 2 days (4 applications), the very mild burn sensation is tolerable, but my found red dots on my cheek area, the red dots are NOT pimples. It is allergic reaction. The serum is not for me.

I will try the Lancome visionnaire 4% serum tomorrow.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by wahinetoa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the worst. My skin became bumpy, tight, itchy and hot. I trialed it for a week just to be sure, but my skin just got worse. In the end I threw it in the bin. I have normal to dry skin and this is the worst reaction I've ever had to a product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin and my skin is also sensitive so I'm always super cautious on what goes on my skin. Luckily I was able to receive a sample of this because I was able to realize how it didn't suit my skin, saving me the money. I tried this on at two different times. The first time, I gave it about 3 nights. The first night, I was pretty amazed on how much dewier my skin looked the day after, even when I put my makeup on. However, with this I noticed little bumps forming on my temple and cheeks. They were small but I noticed new ones coming in with continued use. I thought maybe my skin needed time to adjust but I didn't want to find out.

Another time I tried it. About a year later, I tried a sample again. Tried it for 4 nights and noticed some pretty deep and painful pimples/cysts starting to form deep under my skin. Even though, I'm acne prone, I do take great care of my skin to a point where I barely get pimples now. So to feel these big, painful bumps starting to form was a surprise and I knew it had to be the Genefique.. I stopped worried my pimples/cysts would come to a head. They were coming out in clusters which is usually a sign for me of something irritating my skin.

I was really disappointed because it does appear to give your skin a nice glow for the next day. But for acne prone, or sensitive skin girls, take caution! I really would give this product a 2.5. I think it does its job as for making your skin look refreshed but it is just too much for my sensitive skin. Why are Lancome skin products like this for me?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by jesssala

I can actually go without makeup again - almost.

I still need a little bit of concealer, which is ironic because I got a sample of Genefique as a GWP when I bought my trustee, never-fail Lancome Renergie Lift Makeup. I tried it for a few days then forgot about it. But I had been having a new problem with my skin for a few months. It seems like since I hit 40 earlier this year, my skin just went to heck. It was so dry and if I didn't exfoliate twice a day it was awful, the dead skin was literally just there on my skin instead of floating off or whatever it did before when my skin was younger. So I started using Genefique under my makeup day and then at night. One day I realized that the dry/dead skin problem was gone! The only thing I did different was use Genefique. Soon after that, I also noticed that my skin looked pretty good with no makeup on. I just needed a bit of concealer under the eyes, I put on the Genefique and my moisturizer, some face powder and that was it ( and eyeliner and mascara of course!).

I am almost out of my little sample and I will gladly pay the 90 bucks that it costs because this it solved my dry/dead skin problem and I have not have to use my exfoliation cream and sponge for a few weeks now.

I read somewhere that you have to try products for 28 days for you to know if they work, so I can say that I've been using this product for at least that long. A little goes a long way since it's kind of runny and I had my doubts at first because of that, but I am sold. Although I just turned 40, when I meet new people they think I'm 27-31! I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Ashburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im 31 and have combination skin. This product works really well for me! Currently, im using it in combination w the Lancome Visionnaire skin corrector.

Pros:
1. Lightweight texture that blends effortlessly into skin.
2. Evens out skin tone, texture and tighten pores.
3. Visibly clearer complexion

Cons:
1. expensive. period.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by aipc29

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This crap does nothing. Why oh why do I have to apply it with an eyedropper? All it is is water, alcohol and glycerine which when combined is worth about 5 cents. I have ended up with scaly rough patches on my chin and cheeks. Had to use a cheaper cream such as Nivea to bring my skin back to normal. All this after using it for 3 months. Thank God I received my money back, what a sham! Save your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product for about 6 months - and I think I only did so because it was so obscenely priced that I wanted it to work. The marketing deceptively led me to believe that I had to use this - consistently - to achieve results and that if I stopped, my skin would age at a rapid-fire rate.

This fall, I started to feel unhappy with the overall quality of my skin. Sort of dry, random breakouts, a bit dull, bags, fine lines, etc (the usual!) and this serum was the first thing I decided to cut out. I wouldn't say "omg my skin improved drastically!" since I've stopped using it, but it certainly hasn't changed for the worse, so clearly, this serum did absolutely NOTHING. It truly went on like water - didn't hydrate - and did nothing to improve the overall texture or tone.

I spoke to my mom (who had started using it around the same time as me) and it so happened that she stopped using her bottle as well at about the same time as me. She said she was getting dryness on her chin (come to think of it - so was I).

I would pay $100 for something that actually works, but I'm actually pissed off that Lancome charges so much for this crap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate is what I tried - got a sample at sephora. Too expensive - but seems to work well.
Still - I won;t be buying the whole bottle. Smells a bit artificial (for all that money you'd think they could leave out the synthetic fragrance.)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Skin was remarkably better after just a few days. Looked fresher and healthier. Non greasy. Would definetly use again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been interested in the Genefique concentrate for awhile, and when Shoppers' had a decent GWP and Beauty Bonus on (double score!) I jumped on the band wagon and bought the smallest size, the 30mL. At this point, I truly wish I had just been sprung for the largest size.

I am very impressed with Genefique. I have combination-dry, sensitive skin with some dilated pores around my nose, and clog-prone skin. Breakouts are generally limited to times under stress, and while PMS-ing. This product after a month of use, has made my skin look much more even toned (without changing what I use as an exfoliant - Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, or Juice Beauty's Sensitive Green Apple Peel.) Both of these had made something of a difference in the beginning, but Genefique gave it a bit more of a kick-start.

Again, I do have sensitive skin, and a tendency to get the odd breakout. Like many, while the pimple may last a couple of days, the mark left over from it can last months. In the last 4 to 6 weeks, I have noticed a marked difference in how quickly new and old marks seem to be fading. The product does suggest following up with a serum, and moisturizer, but I find the concentrate followed by a light moisturizer is enough. Unless you had parched, very dry skin, this seems like it would be enough.

The price is a bit of a con, and I'm not sure how long the results will last before they taper off or plateau out. However, as this product has been one of the better skincare products I've tried over the last two years, I will repurchase until it no longer seems effective.