April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Treatments - Lancome - genefique

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Ashburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im 31 and have combination skin. This product works really well for me! Currently, im using it in combination w the Lancome Visionnaire skin corrector.

Pros:
1. Lightweight texture that blends effortlessly into skin.
2. Evens out skin tone, texture and tighten pores.
3. Visibly clearer complexion

Cons:
1. expensive. period.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by aipc29

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This crap does nothing. Why oh why do I have to apply it with an eyedropper? All it is is water, alcohol and glycerine which when combined is worth about 5 cents. I have ended up with scaly rough patches on my chin and cheeks. Had to use a cheaper cream such as Nivea to bring my skin back to normal. All this after using it for 3 months. Thank God I received my money back, what a sham! Save your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product for about 6 months - and I think I only did so because it was so obscenely priced that I wanted it to work. The marketing deceptively led me to believe that I had to use this - consistently - to achieve results and that if I stopped, my skin would age at a rapid-fire rate.

This fall, I started to feel unhappy with the overall quality of my skin. Sort of dry, random breakouts, a bit dull, bags, fine lines, etc (the usual!) and this serum was the first thing I decided to cut out. I wouldn't say "omg my skin improved drastically!" since I've stopped using it, but it certainly hasn't changed for the worse, so clearly, this serum did absolutely NOTHING. It truly went on like water - didn't hydrate - and did nothing to improve the overall texture or tone.

I spoke to my mom (who had started using it around the same time as me) and it so happened that she stopped using her bottle as well at about the same time as me. She said she was getting dryness on her chin (come to think of it - so was I).

I would pay $100 for something that actually works, but I'm actually pissed off that Lancome charges so much for this crap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate is what I tried - got a sample at sephora. Too expensive - but seems to work well.
Still - I won;t be buying the whole bottle. Smells a bit artificial (for all that money you'd think they could leave out the synthetic fragrance.)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Skin was remarkably better after just a few days. Looked fresher and healthier. Non greasy. Would definetly use again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been interested in the Genefique concentrate for awhile, and when Shoppers' had a decent GWP and Beauty Bonus on (double score!) I jumped on the band wagon and bought the smallest size, the 30mL. At this point, I truly wish I had just been sprung for the largest size.

I am very impressed with Genefique. I have combination-dry, sensitive skin with some dilated pores around my nose, and clog-prone skin. Breakouts are generally limited to times under stress, and while PMS-ing. This product after a month of use, has made my skin look much more even toned (without changing what I use as an exfoliant - Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, or Juice Beauty's Sensitive Green Apple Peel.) Both of these had made something of a difference in the beginning, but Genefique gave it a bit more of a kick-start.

Again, I do have sensitive skin, and a tendency to get the odd breakout. Like many, while the pimple may last a couple of days, the mark left over from it can last months. In the last 4 to 6 weeks, I have noticed a marked difference in how quickly new and old marks seem to be fading. The product does suggest following up with a serum, and moisturizer, but I find the concentrate followed by a light moisturizer is enough. Unless you had parched, very dry skin, this seems like it would be enough.

The price is a bit of a con, and I'm not sure how long the results will last before they taper off or plateau out. However, as this product has been one of the better skincare products I've tried over the last two years, I will repurchase until it no longer seems effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by mishamai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm a self-proclaimed Lancome junkie and I have to say, this product didn't thrill me. I love skincare and the art of preventing intead of reversing so I realize I may not be part of their target population (I'm 19) but I was hoping there would be more to it with all the hype.
I got quite a haul of samples that kept me using the product for a good month of day and night application (3 drops- NOT DROPPERS FULL- 3 drops per application) and while there was some improvement, there was nothing too fantastic. I guess some is better than none though since it all adds up but not for th price of the product worth. My skin was smoother and just looked a bit nicer overall but for something that claims to show improvement in 7 days, I sure wasn't seeing that much improvement.
I wouldn't buy it but I will keep accepting samples. It's not one of their products that I can't live without unfortunately.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by rpatchell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product did absolutely nothing for my skin. I used it religiously at morning and night for 3 months and saw no change whatsoever in my skin. Thank goodness for Sephora's awesome return policy!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by lita12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was tempted seeing the reviews on a different website. I tried a sample and though it didnt do much I thought maybe I should use it for a longer time. I bought the 50ml and used it for 3 months. It is one of the most useless products I have ever used. I did not see any different in my face. Some days I felt like I am just using plain water on my face. Such a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Paleskinblueeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has done wonders for my skin. I'm only 21, but I've been using this for about 4-5 months now and I have noticed a drastic improvement in my skin. Usually my skin can get a little rough, red, and dry at times, but when I put this on under my moisturizer, these problems are reduced greatly. I use this along with a Clairsonic Mia, and these two things combined has given me my best skin ever, hands down.