August 1, 2014 | 1686 users online

Other - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Oil Moisturizing Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Simple product, does what it says it does. I mostly use it on my nails and sometimes on red areas on my face, but you could use it for moisturizing or soothing anything you need. I personally don't like how it smells (very lemony), but scent preferences are very subjective. You get a lot of product for a good price, and it's nice to have around the house and is wonderful during travel, as it's less messy than traditional argan oil could be.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by NoeyD

LOOOOOVE this product. Have only used it on my lips though, HOWEVER I must have the driest lips in the world and this products ROCKS!!!! My new HG lip product!

Really loving this line and I can't wait to try more of her products!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by vesperholly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very versatile product. I use it the most as a substitute for eye cream. It helps lessen the slight discoloration around my eyes and fine lines under my eyes virtually disappear! It's not greasy, has a light organic smell and lasts a long time. It's also great for taming flyaway hairs and as a brow wax.

However: I got a sunburn on my shoulder this summer, and tried to use the argan stick. NO. Ouch. Stick with aloe vera gel in the fridge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stick. It i amazing for dry skin and razor burn or bumps from shaving. I use this a lot and it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by carinnemj

I bought the mini for $6 to push me over the free-shipping threshold at Sephora and I was pleased to find this makes an ideal undereye moisturizer. I know other reviewers have had problems with the menthol in it, but I haven't experienced any stinging at all and I have sensitive, rosacea-prone skin. On the contrary, my undereye area feels soft and smooth -- no puffiness or dryness at all since I started using it. Granted, at my age I have only the very beginning of fine lines around my eyes, but argan oil fits the bill given my needs. I also use it on lips and dry patches (which makes it a godsend living in a high-altitude desert climate).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Mcat35

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This would be a great product if it did not contain menthol. As a previous reviewer said, why menthol? I cannot use it anywhere near my eyes and I have to be very careful with my eczema patches or this will irritate them further. I'm glad some people are able to use it, but please test before you buy if you have any skin sensitivities!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the trial size version, and I really do like it so far. Like someone below commented, it does have menthol in it, so I wouldn't use it in extra sensitive places. But I love the smell it produces. It's great for split ends, lip balm, dry skin, etc. I just used some on a sunburn I got in and around my belly button because I forgot sunscreen there (d'oh!) and it feels good and soothing on the burn.
All in all, a great multi-tasking product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by yvesrocher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it. I like the packaging. I love the little plastic cap that comes with it. I kept that so that it doesnt dry out. I got the little mini to try out and its great for dry spots. I also had a bug bite that was super itchy i put a dab of this on and no more.

I also get some scars on my face from picking at blemishes and this does a good job of keeping them moisturized so i dont continue to pick.

i think i may get the big one next time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Thank goodness I bought the small size of this because it's unusable to me as a replacement for the liquid oil. Why? It has menthol in it.

I don't know how people are putting this near their eyes. I got a rude awakening this morning when I dabbed some of it in my lower eye area and it's still stinging.

I can't even imagine what this would do to the rosacea on my cheeks.

There is NO need for this product to have menthol. All of the other ingredients would do just fine without it.

I guess I'll keep it for my elbows but I can't even put this on my hands in case I touch my face and transfer some of it there. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Elzbt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It is great for everything, just as the packaging claims. I use it most often as lip balm. I also mix it with my lip stains and lip sticks to tone down dramatic colors. Works like a charm.