September 23, 2014 | 1865 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Living Doll

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely a Barbie pink shade and I'm surprised to find that I like it. I got is as part of a boxed set or else I may never have picked this for myself. But I find that I really like it, it complements my fair complextion and gives it a little bit of life when used with a light hand. The amount of shimmer is just right, it doesn't look like you dumped glitter all over your face while still providing a nice glow. You get a fair amount of product and it has last me a long time. I also find that this is a pretty good dupe for a Lorac blush (Flaunt) for those of you who want to save some money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a Barbie bright candy pink blush. It seems to have some kind of radiance to it and it reflects light back like a shimmer but it does not have any sparkle or shimmer in it that I can tell. When you use your brush to get it out it really doesn't seem to be picking up any powder and I felt like it was not coming up at all and was really grumbling about it until I applied this to my cheeks. Well lo and behold, there is some pink there now and I guess it is just pigmented well even though it seems to be very hard baked. I got enough color that I did not have to get more from the pan. I have tried this for 6 months now and it is a pretty color but I just don't like this product and I tend to reach for others instead. I like the color but I wish it were a softer powder and was easier to get out of the pan. I feel like I am destroying my brushes trying to get any of this up. I really don't have any other complaints other than that. I bought this because I needed a good pinky pink Barbie fun color and it fits the bill. It is okay, but one I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by keilaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this "blush"! Gorgeous color! I don't use this alone.. I will use only a little bit on top of my blush for an added glow. Compliments my fair skin tone. Worth the price!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: light blue pink

PROS

- long wearing

CONS

- sheer
- too much shimmer

COMMENTS: I wish this blush looked just like it does in the pan, but it's so sheer! It's mainly just a bunch of shimmer with very little color payoff. I'll use it up because I can't seem to let anything go to waste, but...I'll have to layer this on top of a matte pink.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It was hard for me to rate this...I usually wouldn't put yes to buying a product if I just gave it a 3 .
I do really like this blush and have hit pan and repurchased..but...i use it sparingly (almost as you would a highlighter).
It is very frosty so I usually use it over another blush, on the apples and I do it sparingly...otherwise it looks OTT.
I have used it lightly on my eyes as a base and to blend from crease to brow..but just a touch to avoid looking weird.
It does give that extra something special to make your cheeks pop that my other blushes don't ...sometimes I swipe the color on the brush, wipe it on a tissue, then put it on my cheek.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Wow! This blush is really, really great. I wanted a doll-like pink and the name suits this one appropriately - it does give off that pastel, baby pink color but it's still warm and doesn't look too pink on the face. The color is not so opaque so you can build it up as much as you want it to be and it blends in flawlessly onto your cheeks. This is my go-to every blush! I love it

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by n01r09c85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was disappointed by this product. I was excited to have purchased Hard Candy's Living Doll because of all the great reviews, but when I opened it, I was immediately turned off by the product's scent (plastic and chemicals). Also, as i tried to work with the product, I experienced a ton of fall out and the color payoff was not impressive either. I would like to give the product the benefit of the doubt that I may have bought a bad batch, but it definitely left a bad impression on my end, and I will not be repurchasing this product again. If I had to make an alternative suggestion, I would try Milani's baked blushes in terms of drugstore brands. I haven't had any problems with their blushes. The color payoff, lasting power, and overall quality for the price paid of Milani's baked blushes are pretty amazing compared to Hard Candy's.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by lalaglitzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. It is my go to blush after years. I am medium skin tone with yellow undertones-- and it is the perfect color. It really brightens up my face. It is a pretty but not gaudy hot pink. However, the cheap plastic packaging with weak hinges could be improved but you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by strawberribear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked this blush a lot! It is a very cool-toned pink with amlost lilac undertones. It has swirls of pastel-purple and gold in it that is super pretty! It is asolutely beautiful on light skintones. Just gorgeous! It has a satiny/pearl highlight that adds a dewy look to skin.

The payoff in color is good; not too bold. The powder is baked pretty strongly so a dense bristle brush might transfer better. It lasts about 3 hours before it starts to fade on me though, but all blushes tend to come off of my skin really fast because I sit in class all day and I lean my cheeck against my hands alot and it rubs off my blush.

The packaging is pretty, but after a few months the paint rubs off a little. Not bad though.

Overall, I would definently repurchase. The color and pearly finish is just so beautiful and unique.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Maybe I had a bad experience.. I did not like this product. I got it in some kind of kit thingy. At first the pigment would NOT come out. I had to rub my brush fairly hard to get any color. It was like there was a layer on top. Then after a while, once I rubbed that layer off (or so it seemed), there was an INSANE amount of pigment. And I had this in a bright pink! It became terrible to work with as the slightest touch of a brush resulted in me looking like a clown. And it was very hard to blend. The colors are nice and Hard Candy is overall a pretty good brand. I just had such a bad experience I will not repurchase any others I had to throw it away it was such a mess.