November 24, 2014 | 2010 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Stain

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by STlCKY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the color Lucky Lady and it's a gorgeous orangy coral that looks amazing on my lips. The initial coat is quite sheer, so I usually put one coat on, wait for it to dry, put another coat on, wait for that to dry then top it off with the clear gloss. I really love the texture of the clear gloss as well, it's really smooth and feels nice. The only thing that wouldn't make me buy the product again because it doesn't really "stain" my lips. Once I eat/drink, it's gone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

Heart breaker really doesn't have much pigment to begin with so that is problem number one.Problem two is when you put on the gloss the original color disappears.This product doesn't dry once gloss is applied and it keeps moving around my lips.This is one of the few e.l.f fails I've had.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Ninuh01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! At first I wasn't interested because I am more prone to buy Revlon and Body Shop. However, after reading a review on Youtube, it got me curious. I want to have a red and pink lipstick but I am not that inclined to wear them often because red lips for me is not an everyday look while pink lips are well, ... I just don't like pink. But then I thought, it's nice to have those in my collection.

ANyhow, I got the red carpet and it's not very pigmented but it's red enough that I considered wearing it everyday. Don't put on too much because it's a lip STAIN so it will STAIN your lips. I quickly spread it on my lips and smoothed the lines and liked what I saw. The finish is matte (without using the gloss) and the staying power is long provided you don't eat. It's sticky a first few minutes but that's how it's supposed to be on your lips for a long time.

I'm considering buying Birthday Suit or Heartbreaker (whichever is pinkier)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Sasy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in Red Carpet when making an ELF haul and have not have success with lip stains but decided to give it a whirl. I love it. Absolutely great staying power and great color. Very similar to Mac Russian Red. Not for the faint of heart but a beautiful bold color.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip stain is alright. I wasn't extremely impressed. It tasted weird for one thing. The color I had was Lucky Lady and it didn't look the flattering on me. I wanted to try out a lip stain but this wasn't incredible. It doesn't stain like it says it does. It just goes on and fades off after awhile. I had to reapply it a lot and it dried a lot too. I was still considering trying some of the other colors but for now I don't really like this too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love birthday suit and heartbreaker. i apply mac lip primer first then a lip balm on top. lips look good all day! (it does kind of have an alcohol smell to it at first, kind of not good, but it goes away quickly).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by marimbist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not horribly priced, nice packaging, nice gloss, but the lip stain itself is crap. Way too much pigment. The only way you can enjoy this stain is to use a tiny dot of it and smear it around yourself. I had the darkest pink one, the red carpet, and I hated it. Do not buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by minashalee

I bought this in Bombshell. I love it! Looks really natural on me. I will definitely buy it again considering the fact that it's pretty cheap and it looks great. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Brooke10

I got this in the shade "Birthday Suit" It's a bright pink (super pretty) I usually dont wear bright colors but I love this it looks gorgeous!

I suggest putting on a lip balm under it though otherwise it dries weird.

The clear gloss it comes with is nice too!

I will be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by chloeemina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this in the shade "Birthday Suit" which is a pale bubblegum pink color. It was absolutely horrible - the lipstain is chalky, dry, and sheer. The lipgloss is very sticky and gloopy. I tried to use chapstick to make it look less chalky but it didn't work. It doesn't feel comfortable on your lips and it didn't look good at all. My friend who was there when I tried it on told me it looks gross and to take it off immediately. I went back to the store I got it from and got a refund. I would possibly try the lipstain in different colors if they aren't chalky and dry like Birthday Suit.