August 29, 2014 | 1705 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by rachladner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great primer for girls like me who just want, you know, a decent primer. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out, which is good.

Fair warning: if you haven't used primer, this stuff feels oh-so greasy. But it dries, and then it's alright. So, I use it and I have oily skin, and it doesn't give me any shine problems.

PROS:
- makes make-up look flawless and smooth, great primer
- great price
Basically it's a great primer for a great price and it won't break you out. That's why I will probably keep buying.

CONS:
- The tube keeps spilling product into the cap, but I just scoop that product out with a brush and swipe it across my face. Problem solved.
- It tends to be kind of leaky... packaging is not so good...

Buy it or no? Buy it. It's a good primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by abatnamedtwitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this primer every day. It works really well in conjunction with my KvD lock it foundation. I works to fill in my large pores and to help blend my foundation better. It is nowhere near my favorite primer (clarins smooth perfecting touch) but I would much rather spend $8 than $35 on something I dont even see when its in use.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by JesdicaSofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has very cheap packaging, first of all. had never been opened and when I peeled the sticker and put the cap on the little nub inside the cap that holds the product in broke. making it impossible to ever close back up. Then as I was trying to get some out some very runny clear liquid shot straight up then down to my carpet. The product it itself is bad as well I was greasier. I returned it and bought a Burts bees pomegranate chapstick and used the rest of my money for lunch. better spent. ...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by gagaglam03

This feels weird to apply but it helps me not look like a greaseball all day. Good stuff if you have oily/acne prone skin. It is a little expensive for me though..$8. This is one of the best primers I've used

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by joshctso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wear this product alone to make my skin feel matte and to hide my pores. As a guy who works with fast food, its great to have this product keep my skin looking good all day. The primer is great to use alone or under some tinted moisturizer or bb cream, but I hardly ever use these products. The packaging is okay, I wish the sheer envy primer came in a pump container for sanitary reasons. I have began using this product after washing my face with Neutrogena oil free cleanser to keep my oily skin at bay. I am a sucker for good primers with lots of silicone in them. With this product, my skin is left soft and matte when used alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by pyrochemical

Good primer dries quickly and leaves my skin soft and ready for foundation. Doesn't affect my acne negatively.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Lilbitgarcia

This product was $8 at Walmart. Not too expensive, pretty reasonable. It felt really weird on my face like I don't know how to describe it but it made my face really smooth and easy to apply foundation. Before I never used a primer for my mac foundation and you could see all my pores but now that I've used this product it hides my pores. I would absolutely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by blondebombshell7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this primer. It doesn't blow me away, but it WORKS. This is the first primer I've purchased that I've found actually makes a difference in my foundation application. Although, I've only tried two other primers - Loreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base & Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer - so I don't have much to compare to. My foundation lays MUCH better with this product underneath. It leaves my face feeling silky, and most importantly does not break me out. I probably won't repurchase when I finish up the tube, as I'm sure there are better high-end primers out there, but this is a great product that's totally worth it for the price :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've heard a lot of good things about this primer. I was recently at Walmart and bought it on a whim. I am definitely not a fan of the Glamoflague concealer by Hard Candy, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this primer. But I actually like it alot. You can't be the price. It's $8 at Walmart for a decent sized tube.

When I first applied this primer, I didn't think I was going to like it. It's a gel-like consistency and very runny. It also feels very slimy and greasy. But I found that if you let it sit just a couple of minutes, it absorbs into the skin and dries clear. It didn't clump or pill at all after applying my foundation. I also felt like it did help my foundation stay on my face longer. My skin is very oily and very allergy prone. My skin typically doesn't tolerate very cheap makeup very well. So I was a little concerned that this would make me itch. But it didn't at all. Which for me, is a major plus.

I still really like the Pop Beauty Face Magnet Primer. But if I ever get sick of forking over $26 for a primer, or just choose not to, I would definitely repurchase this primer. There's nothing fancy about it. But it gets the job done. I would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by FireyHeart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would have never guessed that this would be my HG primer! I really liked the glamoflauge concealer and I thought the primer is worth a shot. Here are my thoughts:

Price: For around 8 dollars, it contains 1.6 ounces of product in each tube (5 dollars per fluid ounce), which is absolutely phenomenal when it comes to a face primer- they can be so expensive. *Ahem* Yes, I am talking to you, Mr. 40 dollar Smashbox primer!

Performance: Does a great job in helping my makeup go on smoothly and stay put for much longer. I don't see much of a difference with this vs high end primers. The first time I opened it up, there was WAY too much product coming out, which was such a waste.

Pros: Great value, fragrance free, transparent, lightweight, little goes a long way, comparable to high end primers, company does not test on animals.

Cons: Packaging dispenses too much product, which is why I hold it upside down and squeeze out the product.

Overall, I recommend this product highly to everyone. At least give it a try! Also, people complain that this product makes them oily but that is usually because you are using too much. Only a pea sized amount is needed for the whole face. In fact, I have oily skin and this controls my oil nicely. I would choose this primer over my Smashbox one (which broke me out terribly) any day. But don't get me wrong, I love Smashbox's other products!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No