September 16, 2014 | 1190 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max - Extreme Black 003

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is the first and only Rimmel mascara I have tried & I hate it. The formula is SO wet and takes forever to dry. I opened the mascara three months ago and forgot about it. I tired it again and it was still just as wet and gloopy. I have the waterproof version which is usually great for holding curl but not in this mascara. My curl fell within minutes. It added a little volume but nothing noticeable. I would never repurchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by beautytent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

not a big fan of this product.. it isnít too bad but its nothing special.
Pros:
It last all day without any smudging
Doesnít turn flaky during the day
Long lasting

Cons:
You have to apply it very carefully otherwise it looks really clumpy
You canít keep replying it after the first coat has dried or it gets clumpy
And I kinda hated the brush to picked up way too much product leading to the ugly clumpy look
did not give me any "volume" on my lashes either

wouldnt buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by debbiall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried and liked other Rimmel mascaras. They were out of Lycra Lash Extender, so I tried this one. It's in the trash now.

It became very clumpy, and I had raccoon eyes. Either one is a deal-braker; both are a problem.

Keep looking...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ila80

This mascara really does add tons of volume to my lashes. The formula is a good consistency and doesn't have a weird odor. It lengthens, too. The reason I gave only a three is because you cant wear it unless you live in Arizona. If it is even the least bit humid out my lashes get droopy and the mascara so easily runs. Wearing in the rain is a complete no-no. I probably won't buy it again but I said yes because it would work wonders for those that really need it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by nandy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product wanted to try something new. I never write blogs but in this case I made an exception! I used the black waterproof and it does not hold a curl! I tried to reapply and it just looks like I have no mascara on. I will NEVER buy this mascara again and I would not recommend anyone to buy it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Ashley1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, let's see...I kept stroking my lashes with the brush...over and over and over again...and kept waiting to see a difference in length and/or volume. Neither happened.
'Nuff said.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by prettyLady11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara was a disappointment to me. I have long lashes and i just need volume. I got this for $3 at walgreens. I didnt like it- the wand wasnt good either. And it takes FOREVER to wash off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

This comes to show how YMMV mascaras are. I know it's not getting rave reviews on here or the makeup community. BUT ... I tried this on a whim a few months ago and I like it a lot. In fact, I might like this even more than Prestige's My Biggest Lashes. I think the wand is the star performer with this mascara. It's a medium sized wand with the bristles arranged in different directions, so it acts like a comb. It makes this mascara layerable and excellent at separation. It's decent at volumizing.

FYI, I feel that the Extreme Black and *regular* Black formula are NOT the same. Somehow, the Black formula is more clumpy, though I cannot complain! I do love me some super dark lashes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by laawhitegirl

I don't know why this has such a low review but to each his own.

however, when this mascara first came out, i absolutely fell in love with it then i could not find it anymore.
I recently bought it at target for like $6 and i remember why i love it so much.
this mascara gives great volume and it separates your eyelashes quite well. it is also not clumpy.

better than most high end mascaras that ive tried!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

Based on a great review on youtube about this mascara, I could not resist buying it when I purchased Rimmel's cult fave lipstick in Airy Fairy that is a MAC dupe for Angel and there was a buy one, get one for 50% off sale at Walgreens. I had such high hopes for this and loved the hot pink tube, but even after applying 3 coats on my lashes, I could still not see that much of a difference in volume or lengthening. Thumbs down on this one.