April 16, 2014 | 1906 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max in Extreme Black 003

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by debbiall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried and liked other Rimmel mascaras. They were out of Lycra Lash Extender, so I tried this one. It's in the trash now.

It became very clumpy, and I had raccoon eyes. Either one is a deal-braker; both are a problem.

Keep looking...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ila80

This mascara really does add tons of volume to my lashes. The formula is a good consistency and doesn't have a weird odor. It lengthens, too. The reason I gave only a three is because you cant wear it unless you live in Arizona. If it is even the least bit humid out my lashes get droopy and the mascara so easily runs. Wearing in the rain is a complete no-no. I probably won't buy it again but I said yes because it would work wonders for those that really need it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by nandy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product wanted to try something new. I never write blogs but in this case I made an exception! I used the black waterproof and it does not hold a curl! I tried to reapply and it just looks like I have no mascara on. I will NEVER buy this mascara again and I would not recommend anyone to buy it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Ashley1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, let's see...I kept stroking my lashes with the brush...over and over and over again...and kept waiting to see a difference in length and/or volume. Neither happened.
'Nuff said.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by prettyLady11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara was a disappointment to me. I have long lashes and i just need volume. I got this for $3 at walgreens. I didnt like it- the wand wasnt good either. And it takes FOREVER to wash off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

This comes to show how YMMV mascaras are. I know it's not getting rave reviews on here or the makeup community. BUT ... I tried this on a whim a few months ago and I like it a lot. In fact, I might like this even more than Prestige's My Biggest Lashes. I think the wand is the star performer with this mascara. It's a medium sized wand with the bristles arranged in different directions, so it acts like a comb. It makes this mascara layerable and excellent at separation. It's decent at volumizing.

FYI, I feel that the Extreme Black and *regular* Black formula are NOT the same. Somehow, the Black formula is more clumpy, though I cannot complain! I do love me some super dark lashes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by laawhitegirl

I don't know why this has such a low review but to each his own.

however, when this mascara first came out, i absolutely fell in love with it then i could not find it anymore.
I recently bought it at target for like $6 and i remember why i love it so much.
this mascara gives great volume and it separates your eyelashes quite well. it is also not clumpy.

better than most high end mascaras that ive tried!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

Based on a great review on youtube about this mascara, I could not resist buying it when I purchased Rimmel's cult fave lipstick in Airy Fairy that is a MAC dupe for Angel and there was a buy one, get one for 50% off sale at Walgreens. I had such high hopes for this and loved the hot pink tube, but even after applying 3 coats on my lashes, I could still not see that much of a difference in volume or lengthening. Thumbs down on this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this because it was considered a relatively safe mascara by the EWG, especially since I'm looking for the less irritating eye make up nowadays. This was an incredibly horrible mascara. Not only does the color payoff suck (bought this in extreme black, but it was basically grayish), but also it gave no length, no volume, and it did not hold a curl. Worst of all, this flakes like crazy! I would go throughout the day only the find giant dark mascara flakes all around my under eye by mid-afternoon! To the this trash this goes!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by veronicatham

I'm actually on my third bottle of this mascara.

I can see how everyone doesn't like it because it makes your lashes seem spider like, or doesn't give enough volume. But I've come to find out that this mascara gets thicker in time. The first few times I've used the mascara, I was upset. The formula was watery and made my lashes stick together. But I didn't want to give up on this. After about 4 or 5 uses, the mascara formula thickened up a bit and now gives my lashes great volume and length, especially for a drugstore mascara.

It may be annoying to have to use the mascara and wait for the formula to thicken, but I really love what it does to my lashes after. Thus why I'm on my third bottle. I'm just giving it 4 lippies because of the whole waiting thing :)