BeneFit Cosmetics BADgal Brown

3.2

on 4/5/2012 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product but it wasn't for me and def was not worth the price! It does lengthen lashes but it gets sticky and draggy really quickly. It clumps lashes together instead of separating and giving volume. Overall a waste of money and I might even return it at Sephora for a different brand.

***I have short, sparse, hard to curl Asian lashes.***

This is the driest mascara formula ever. I dragged this through my lashes, and wiggled like mad to get at least some product onto my lashes.

But once I did, oh man. Most mascaras smudge on me so I was pleased that this at least lasted about 8 hours.. with UDPP. Decent curl holding, average lengthening and volume. (I couldn't apply more than one coat without massive clumps)

Another con: This is not a waterproof mascara but I actually found this harder to wash off than waterproof. It really grabbed onto my lashes. It came off in smudges and flakes.

I would not buy this again because of the high price ($19) and because it's not fool proof for me. For about 20 bucks this mascara should last longer than 8 hours. I'm going to look into asian mascaras next.

on 3/21/2012 10:57:00 PM

Completely different brush to the other colours in the Bad Gal Lash range. It's much smaller and product tends to cling to the tip. I would repurchase because I like the warm glossy brown colour and a really soft, whispy, smudgy lash with this mascara.

Pros
Lovely colour
Natural look
Lasts all day without flaking or smudging (except on initial application at the root of the lash if that's the look you're going for)
Easy to apply on bottom lashes
Wand separates lashes

Cons
Not really lengthening
Not really volumising
Buildable only to a point
Products clings to the tip of the point making blobbing a bit likely
More product seems to cling to the brush than you can ever hope to get on your lashes

I think this mascara is a good one for people who like to play around with effects. I like it when I'm going for natural, face-in-the-wind kind of look which is kind of whispy and smudgy. I find it can look volumising if you put a line of liquid/gel at the base of the lashes. I would not buy this if I was looking for an every day-to-night mascara in the colour brown. It's not volumising on its own and it's only buildable to a point. Putting this in front of a brown smoky eye would just render your lashes invisible, I think. I only use it in front of light/no eyeshadow.

on 2/29/2012 12:40:00 PM

I got this mascara in the "Legally Bronzed" kit. As a man, I thought this mascara would be good. It tints my blonde lashes enough to make them visible, and lengthens them a bit as well, without adding tons of volume and making them look too obvious. Unfortunately, it clumps fairly easily even when adding just one tiny coat. I probably wouldn't buy this individually, as I've always been a firm believer in drugstore mascaras. Also, the brush is nothing like the badgal black mascara, which is HUGE. This brush is very small and skinny, and I find that the product clumps on it fairly easily. Still worth a shot, though.

on 1/9/2012 1:44:00 AM

I am terribly confused... I love the Badgal Lash in black...but this brown one seems to be completely different. I suppose I was just expecting the black Badgal but brown. Unfortunately this clumps on me and then seems to disappear as well after a few hours. Really disappointed in this one...

on 12/16/2011 8:45:00 AM

I actually really enjoyed this mascara for a natural look; specially on those days when I'm not wearing pratically anything and just want a quicky fix to run some errands.

It doesn't smudge, holds the curl of my lashes pretty well and the brown is not so light to the point of not looking good in me (i'm a brunnete-almost-blonde girl...). I like it much more than the previous brown mascaras that I tried it the past!

If you are looking for a natural, day to day mascara, in this specific color, I'd say to give this a go. =)

on 12/13/2011 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got it in a benefit kit, and I can't say it wasn't worth it. Personally, I wouldn't pay full price for it seeing as a drugstore mascara could be considered equal, but it definitely didn't disappoint either.

on 9/28/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the previous review as this is the only badgal mascara that works for me. All the others would smudge and make me look like a raccoon. I have dark hair and eyes and never would purchase a brown mascara but since it came in the Legally Bronze kit I decided to give it a try. I really like this mascara. It is a deep brown shade that gives my lashes definition. The small brush makes it easy to layer it on the top and bottom. Perfect to use on the bottom lashes without looking too harsh or spidery. My only con is that the formula can be a little thick but I am willing to work with it.

on 8/30/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the absolute only version of BADgal I have ever liked and had success with. It came in my Legally Bronze kit, so even though I wasn't too pumped about it, I figured I was looking for a brown mascara and since it was basically free it wouldn't hurt to try. Well, what a difference from all my other experiences with BADgal!! I used this on my super long, full, black lower lashes since I love having definition, but when using black mascara it can often turn spidery quickly on my eyes. This is absolutely perfect for that. The skinny-yet-effective brush defined, lengthened even more, and made them look lush without looking like Elvira lashes! The brown provides a nice contrast with the black mascara I used on my upper lashes as well. When I did try this on my upper lashes it didn't give quite the impact I like, so I think I'm going to stick to using this as a bottom lash mascara only. But it really is a superb mascara.

on 5/19/2011 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am just branching out into the world of Benefit. My sister loves this line, so naturally I'm curious. I tried this mascara in the black, and was rather disappointed. I usually use Mally mascara from QVC. Benefit Badgirl didn't hold a candle to it. I'm a Mallinista...ha ha! But seriously, I put on three coats of Badgirl and it didn't look like I'd applied anything. Call me a Badgirl, but I'm not keeping mine.....

FYI...the new Cha Cha tint is awesome, though!!!!!!!!!!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products